1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HP 157! Why!?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Zaragoth, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] I walked around soloing a little bit with my Kensai ´cuz I needed him to gain some levels to dual him to a mage.
    I looked at my hp when I was at the docks - just to see how much I had - and it said 97/113 or something like that.
    Then I went to the graveyard district (or whatever it´s called) and there I fought the Zombie who´s trying to kill a man that called him a a cheap bastard or sumthin´ and beat him up - although I got a little hurt.
    So I checked my Record screen just to see how much hp I had left. And it said that I had 133/157!!! :eek:
    Why?!
    Can someone explain?
    thx. :cool:

2. bongo tjockskalle Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I dont know if kensais can use the IOUN stones but there is one in the graveyard district and it raises your hitpoints while wearing it.
    check if you have it orbiting your head.

3. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Yeah, but it only gives you 10% of your total hitpoints, so he would have to go from 113 to 124, so it doesn't make any sence.
    Must be a bug, or have you been messing around with Shadow Keeper, THE program that kills all the fun within BG2, even more than a walkthrough!!! :mad:

4. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] DaPunisher: No. I never cheat. Do you? It seems like you do, since you know that the game get´s alot more boring. I don´t know that. But thanks for the info. Let me give you a tip; Don´t cheat. I heard somewhere that it was boring. Where from? hmm.. Oh, yeah. It was from you! Does that mean that you have cheated?

Don´t be so quick on judging. I have not cheated. Just because you have doesn´t mean that everybody else has. Cheater.
    :cool:

PS.BongoTjockskalle:
    Nope, that´s not it either. I know wich stone you mean but I don´t remember where exactly you get it :p
    BTW, coolt med en till svensk här i Sorcerers Place :D

5. bongo tjockskalle Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] would the extra hitpoints given from potions (heroism I think) combine with that given from artifacts?

BTW du gamla du fria...
    :D

crilloan

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What about that CON set to 18 girdle?

Or Helm of Balduran?

Or Sensate Amulet?

Or Spear of Kuldahar?

Or many other items...

Geez...
    Zaragoth, when you ask something like this tell us what items you're equipped with if you don't want us consider you as a cheater!

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    ... and here is the rest (afaik):
    -the fieldplate of balduran (I, just like extremist, *know* that it's not for kensais, just like the helm of balduran - it's just an example ... )
    -the pale green ionstone bongo mentioned

A little more information would be helpful. Oh, and read carefully what Punisher wrote: "...*or* you have been messing around with shadowkeeper, ..." - so there is no reason to flame or to be pissed off. I tend towards a bug.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited July 11, 2001).]

8. Zaragoth Guest

I`m so god damn angry right now!!!!!!! :mad:
    :mad: :mad:

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

10. bongo tjockskalle Gems: 3/31

jupp!
    would be worse if hitpoints were halved all of a sudden.

11. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

You have more hitpoints than expected and you are angry, consider it a gift, you are the Child of Bhaal after all....

12. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

There are a couple of other possabilities that haven't been mentioned.

1 - had you been level drained earlier when you had the lower HP. Being level drained takes away the HP you gained when you levelled up. They are restored when you are cured by a spell or at a temple.

2 - There are some spells and innate abilities that can boost your constitution considerably. You gain the temporary bonus hit points associated with the new constitution. My Dwarven barabrian could get a constitution of 25 with various spells and rage in effect. This can give a theoretical bonus of 70 odd HP and allows regeneration.

13. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Slappy: No it´s acctually not that either... :p
    I just don´t know what went wrong... Now I have to start all over again :mad:
    I´m gonna make a Bounty Hunter. And perhaps dual him to a mage. Or a fighter.

14. I think it might be the spells, but u've checked that? Maybe if u told us what equipment(magical) that u wear, we could help u.

BTW Här har ni en till svensk!

15. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] I just began playing with him. I had no good magical equipment at all..
    hehe, coolt. Vi svenskar borde invadera det här stället.
    Translation: hehe, cool. We swedes should invade this place.
    BTW, what do you guys think about Bounty Hunters?

[This message has been edited by Zaragoth (edited July 12, 2001).]

16. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

There is a Baal power - vampiric touch, that gives you about 30 HP bonus for a few turns. Haven't you used it?

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I suppose you just wasn't already at level 10 when looking at the Hit Poiunts. You start at level 7 so in BG2 so you can level up twice before reaching level ten, and after that you only get 2 hit points per level. So let's count. 2 times level up... from 113 hit points to 157... 15 hit points per level is 143 and 10% from Ioun Stone gives around 157 HP.....

18. Zaragoth Guest

oh. wait a minute. damn. Why did I remove my savefile? oh no!
    TIN_MAN: I did use the Vampiric touch. I didn´t know that you got extra hp from that! oh. :(

19. bongo tjockskalle Gems: 3/31

all is well and I can finaly have my coffe!
    :D

bongo bouncing off

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.