1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with The Darkest Day

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by ltccone, Aug 27, 2004.

1. ltccone Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The Forums on The Darkest Day website don't work, so... Help!

I'm really enjoying the mod, but I'm stuck. When I finished the Hall of Knowledge Quest I teleport out, but I'm caught in an endless loop of teleporting.

I'm using version 1.03 with a full install and the TOB patch.

Thanks!

2. Thyorna Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I pointedley avoid the Darkest Day for this very reason, it's filled to overflowing with bugs. I know that wasn't the answer you were looking for but i thiught i'd chime in with my two cents. Sorry i couldn't be any more helpful

3. ltccone Gems: 1/31

Thanks!

Unistall it is... Sigh...

4. Col. Bruce Hampton Retired Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Wait! You're kidding, right? You uninstalled cuz of the reply of one person, who doesn't even use TDD?

Oh well. Tell me if you still have it installed, and I'll try to help you find a solution. I played all the way through The Darkest Day. I just recently finished it. I did every quest in the walkthrough, using CLUA to workaround any bugs (on a few occasions: to spawn a quest-giving character, and sometimes to teleport to a location when auto-travel didn't work right).

I found it rather easy to fix all the bugs, and thus I found it to be an enjoyable mod for some different quests. If you're up for doing simple workarounds.

5. ltccone Gems: 1/31

I would be glad to get some help!

I did uninstall it, but a re-instsall doesn't take long. I still have the saved games.

So far three thing haven't worked for me:

1) When Xzar was killed, he never dimensioned door back in.

2) At the end of the Trollford Quest the teleport didn't work. I re-installed the patch and TDD; then the teleport worked.

3) At the end of the Hall of Knowledge Quest when I picked up the Book of the Dead an endless loop of teleports began. The re-install trick didn't work this time.

I'm not familiar with CLUA, but my daughter can help me with it.

Thanks!

BTW does TeamBG exist anymore? Are they working on the bugs?

6. Col. Bruce Hampton Retired Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

TeamBG website is currently offline, could be permanant. With their forums gone, there isn't really a support network for TDD.

TDD is no longer supported. The final version was 103A, and it will not be updated again. We have to live with, and work-around, the existing bugs - if you want to play this mod.

You (or daughter) can learn to do CLUA here:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheats.php

The two CLUA codes which will help you are:
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("creaturecodehere")
    CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("ARcode-here")

If a person you need is missing, use CLUA to summon them in. You will need to find the code for that person. This can be done with a web search, or using a program like DLTCEP, or by asking me since I know a lot of the codes now that I have been through TDD.

If a teleport is not working, use CLUA to MoveToArea. Simply move your party to a safe area, and resume the game.

To answer your 1, 2, 3...

1) Go to the location where he should have reappeared, and use this code:
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("XZAR13")
    If that doesn't work then try his other code ("XZAR"), but I think I've told you the correct one above.

2) Sounds like you repaired this already. If it just left you standing there with no way to travel to another map, then use MoveToArea.

3) I did not experience that when I completed Hall Of Knowledge. I guess you could not pause and CLUA out once the loop has started, I don't know. Therefore you might want to MoveToArea before the loop starts. If that means that you have to not-pick-up the Book Of Dead, that kinda sucks cuz you wanted that book, but it's not a huge loss. The book dead does this: (+1 to INT, +1 to saving throw vs. death). You can either try granting yourself these bonuses with ShadowKeeper editor software, or try to use CLUAConsole:CreateItem("--------") but we have to find out the item-code for Book Of Dead. I can find out if you really need it.

Hope this helps.

[Link edited; please do not link to other sites for what can be found on SP.] -Tal

[ August 28, 2004, 12:33: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

7. ltccone Gems: 1/31

Thanks for all of your help!

You are right about the teleport loop in the Hall of Knowledge. I couldn't pause it. I would like the book though if you know what the item code is.

I'll give the mod another shot!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.