1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Watcher's Keep

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Taffy, May 24, 2004.

1. Taffy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Anyone know about this? I have it on my map and on my last go through a few months back I got slaughtered and then trapped. Had to restart the game as I only had one save point.. I can't find any information about it on the Sorcerer's site. Any information would be great. Thanks!
    Taffy

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Look in the Games section of the site, under BGII, and find any one of the several good walkthroughs. Oh, this should be posted in the TOB forum. I'm sure it will be moved shortly.

3. Taffy Gems: 1/31

yeah they moved in and sent me an email.. I am playing SOA though so why it is here in TOB I dont know.. Thanks for the tips. I will go look it up.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    It's there because you can do Watcher's Keep in either SoA or ToB, although I would not advise going to Watcher's Keep in early SoA.

5. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Actually, I think it has to be in ToB because Watcher's Keep is part of the expansion pack. You have to post in ToB if you have ToB installed, regardless of what part of the campaign your question addresses.

6. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Probably. But I always prefer going there later in ToB. I would'nt like facing Demogorgon with a weak char... :whoa:

But yes, Watcher's Keep is a BIG sidequest, not related to anything in either SoA nor ToB.

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I always go to watcher's keep after saradush, This is because you pick up so many items for cespenar, I cant be bothered to cart them all the way through SOA. Add to that the difficulty of some parts, I like having a more experienced party.

8. Golden Avenger Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] MINOR SPOILERS

I always hit watchers keep early on.
    The potion case that can be bought comes in very handy to save equipment slots.
    The container for missiles can be found and all you have to fight is some memphits( Sometimes if you go latter on the first encounter is replaced by some nasty mists) and finally the plus 1 bottonless bolt and arrow containers are nice.
    After I raid these items I leave for a while.
    The only thing I dont like is when you buy the equipment the seller says something to the effect of " Dont anger me or you will be sorry" Makes me want to pound her every time :mad:

9. Taffy Gems: 1/31

So, you think I should just grab the stuff and come back later? I finished all the SoA quests now I have to go back and go to 3 (got my 20k fee).

10. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

well, you can do watchers keep whenever you want.

i usually do it before spellhold if i dont take on demogorgon.

hell...you can do everything but him and take him on way later....it'll level you up insanely.

but do as you wish, take on the three first levels perhaps for Purifier, foebane and a few other cool items.....or just wai :)

its up to you hehe

11. Taffy Gems: 1/31

I think I am going to just go gain a few more levels and then go back and do it. I have the first level cleared out, except the bell/candle ritual.
    Thanks everyone for your help:)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.