1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Soloplaying

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by WIZZY, Nov 21, 2001.

1. WIZZY Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have pleyed throgh TOB 3 times now its soloplay turn i find it very hard its easy to kill demogorgon and drconis with traps tried before...
    But big figths like in sewers under saradush its hard i need traps everywhere =(
    is there any other tactict witout traps all the time to solo play ?
    I am figther/thief/mage

And where is the serpent thing to uppgrade ravager?

2. Hm... I do believe it's either in Watcher's Keep or in Sendai's enclave. But the Serpent Shaft could be found somewhere else.

3. HunterByNite Gems: 1/31

Ah, those clowns in the sewers.

Here's a funny thing I've experienced once with a full party-

If you can throw a silence spell into the throng without them initiating dialog and they fail their saving throws, your Thief would then be able to set traps in their midst because they will not go hostile.

After that, just initiate hostility and watch the gibs fly, preferably with an area-damage spell like 3 spell-sequenced fireballs. To be safe, cast web-first.

I don't know if this is a bug but it works many times.

EDIT: Oops! I'm sorry! I thought you were referring to those guys in the sewers of the temple district. Think I'll be needing specs soon.

[This message has been edited by HunterByNite (edited November 22, 2001).]

4. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Nice tactic Hunter, now thats what I like about this game, with a little bit of "out of the box" thinking there always seems to be a solution no matter what the situation.

Cheers,

WittyNewt

5. HunterByNite Gems: 1/31

LOL! It's amazing what sidetracking from standard procedures can do sometimes in this game :)

I recall that time with Firkagg and that black dragon at Windspear - after my lone Cleric cast Storm of Vengeance on him (he won't go hostile yet), I used Harm on him. He died immediately after initiating dialog and telling me how I'll end up as his night snack :D

6. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Now, you might ask yourself: Is this the way I want to finish thís game?

Actually, those previous tactics are being concidered cheating by the majority. But if that's the way you want to play, then go ahead.

7. HunterByNite Gems: 1/31

I agree with you, my friend. If every battle went the 'cheese' way, there will be no fun at all.

But really, my intention of using Silence on them was only to stop their spellcasters. After ordering my party forward and expecting a fight, I was very surprised that the enemy was still neutral and I've already quick-saved.

Sometimes, it's not that we wanted to cheat but that things just happened. Since no CLUA or SK was involved, I wouldn't view that as a complete cheat, just a cheesy tactic discovered by accident.

But of course, if you were to do that all the time, even Life itself would loose its meaning, SNIFF!

[This message has been edited by HunterByNite (edited November 22, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.