1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What difficulty do you guys play on?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Berem, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    When I started, I played Very Easy (I had no confidence on my abilites, due to the fact that before BG2 I hadn't played thorough even the first Super Mario game...) Then it became normal and towards the end core rules.

Now, it's core rules. I'm debating going for 'hard' soon...

Ara
    (Atchoo. Another Atchoo. Sniffle. I have a flu)

2. ZYL Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Insane isn't that difficult, really -- I've played a sorcerer, monk, solo blade and kensai at that level.

Just try to avoid getting hit too often.

3. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hard with a new character, Insane with a well experinced party from BG2.(not joking but on insane there is certain to be reloads with hard monsters and sometimes the easier groups too!Many reloads.)

[This message has been edited by Alienboy (edited January 10, 2002).]

4. jesper898 Guest

Core rules

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Core rules but normal for learning scrolls.

6. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Core rules (though first time I played had to go to easy to kill Kangaxx)

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Used to be core rules, now Hard, and someday Insane. Also, I still have to solo sometime.

Actually I have gotten back to my game that I started before Christmas and was reminded that I skipped playing Hard and jumped right into Insane. I was swiftly reminded as I got tore up by the Demon Knights in the Underdark. On the third try I made it without someone getting chunked and without cheese too! :p

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited January 18, 2002).]

8. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Normal until just recently when I moved to Core after realizing that monsters didn't do normal damage. :almostmad:
    I'm almost sure that Normal used to be that monsters did full damage and not 3/4. Can anyone confirm this?

I like(d) Normal because of the full HP's at level up - no reloads after a crappy HP roll - but this is irrelevant for ToB. :)
    I use potions to get the intelligence over 18 to get a full spellbook, but the automatic success when scribing scrolls is comfy.

9. Astral-Druid Gems: 1/31

Hard if in a party, core if solo.

10. Vinyan Gems: 1/31

Core rule

11. kunonere Gems: 1/31

I would have to agree with most people when I say Core rules and use Normal to Scribe scrolls.

But, I'm going to try Hard next time for the challenge.

12. Frodo Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] hard but normal when scribing scrolls.
    have tried insane but i think i need to gat better at this first.

13. Shamroc Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

LoL ! Guess I'm the wimp: Normal. I've had BG2 about about 2 1/2 weeks and Love it. My dad let me borrow BG about 2 months ago and been hooked since and when BG2 was $19.99 on an after-xmas sale I grabbed it. (FYI I'm 31 and dad is 54; loonngg time gamers :D ).

Oh yea, my real question: Is the experience different on the higher levels ?

14. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

No, the experience rewards are the same for the harder difficulties.

15. void Guest

core to insane, depends what sort of mood I'm in...

16. jbigdaddy Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Core but now insane.

17. Drasar Gems: 1/31

I'm playing on Core Rules now and I think I'm going to up the difficulity level now that my party is getting to be a little higher level 12 to 14th.

18. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Normally I play AD&D, but right now I play insane to prove a all fighter party can face any problem :)

19. Nightal Romu Guest

Hard, I think insane is unrealistic, goblins hitting harder then Minsc, and core rules is to easy.

20. Silvio Gems: 1/31

Core rules, sometimes on hard, if I feel the need. And did one time on insane (but I'm not going to try that again in a long while :mommy: )

[This message has been edited by Silvio (edited February 05, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.