1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Joneleth Irenicus?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Elan Morin Tedronai, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Who is he? Except that he wants to recieve some potential... Can you give me some additional info about him?

[ March 05, 2003, 20:28: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] *spoilers* if you hadn't guessed

He is an elf who was exiled and had his soul taken from him so he wants yours.

*Bigger spoilers*
    John Irenicus used to be an elf, a high standing in Suldenessalar and Queen Ellisemes lover. His sister Bhodi though wanted power like his and more and got him to join them both to the tree of life so they could become as powerful as the gods. It failed killing many elves and weakening the rest. They were both stripped of their elven virtues and souls and exiled. Bhodi tried to counter her curse by becoming a vampire while John tries to steal yours.

3. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] ...And if you'd not figured it out by now; he's the guy who cast spells at you at the start of the game. :p

4. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have already finished BG2! But I hadn't "touched" BG1...does he represent any important element in the first part of the game?

5. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Nope. But the spider woman in Cloakwood mentions a mage named Jon Icarus, who cursed her.

6. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I heard he is not completely evil... Do you kill him completely in Shadows of Amn? Has he any chances after Throne of Bhaal?

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] Why does you people wan't these spoilers? The answer is again: NO!

8. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just curious...

What is his Alignment exactly?

Chaotic Evil?

9. The Archmage Neon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yes aces. Also, Joneleth is his elven name, Irenicus means exile or something to that approximation in their specific dialect of elven.
    He does have some semblence of having a heart, because he keeps that room for Ellesime in his dungeon. However, as he says, he clung to those memories of her love and then clung to memories of those memories, then nothing. That's when he steals your soul.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Which is not very friendly of him. And plain rudeness.

when he was exiled he was cursed so he has lost his soul and losing his emotions and memories of his former life

11. Platypus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

SPOILERS!
    Irenicus means "shattered one" - this is revealed during the little talk between you, Irenicus, and Ellesieme just befor the Tree of Life fight.

Although it would make sense for Jon to be Neutral Evil (not really concerned with Law or Chaos too much, just with revenge), his alignment is, on his char specs when you fight him (all three times I think, someone correct me here if I am wrong) Chaotic Good. This has been discussed in the forums a fair bit, I believe, so do some searching if you need information...
    It's a real bummer that his alignment is Good, because it means that any Evil-oriented spell (eg Protection from Evil) will not work.

12. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Protection from Evil works and so does that spell that only hurts evil people (I'll remember it in a minute :hmm: )

When I've checked him I've seen it CE, NE and there was one that was CG but I don't think it was used anywhere

When I get to install BG2 again I'll probably go around and get all the Irenicuss in my party :evil:

That would be interesting, muwahaha

13. Hephaestus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I think the spell is called holy might, but it did not work on Irenicus when I tried it.(though that could be MR)

14. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah, yeah..the spell is Holy Smite. And it really doesn't scratch Irenicus...I don't think he's CE or NE...you can insult me for what I will say, but I think he's ChaoticGood or ChaoticNeutral. Both tends for revenge, and can be inspired by selfishness emotions...a good reason to do what was done to the Tree of Life!!!

15. Platypus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I think there was some disscussion about Irenicus' alignment on the boards a while back. I think the consensus reached was that, although listed as CG, he should be NE (to reflect the fact that he is both evil (please don't try to tell me that trying to drain the Tree of Life of... erm... life :p is the action of a good person) and neutral (insofar as he doesn't really care for laws or chaos or balance, just revenge)).

[ March 08, 2003, 21:37: Message edited by: Platypus ]

16. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] most likely me and my bugs then :doh:

I'll probably have a play when I get it again anyways :rolling:

17. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Ah ok...

I was hoping for CE since my new toy (Carsomyr) gets an extra +5 against CE guys.

Like my Undead Hunter is gonna need it against that loony! His sister dies tonight, and he'll follow soon! :mad:

Hee hee... I'm getting my game face on! ;)

18. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

There are several Irenicus files in the game. Many of which never appear anywhere. One of them is chaotic good. All the ones you fight are evil.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.