1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

problem with meeting Bodhi in chapter 2

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Avatar77, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Avatar77 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I am currently playing this awesome game and encountered the following problem: I can no longer meet Bhodi anywhere to pay her the 15000 gold. I could meet her right after Valen approached me with the offer, but since meeting Bhodi results in permanently choosing sides between the vampires and the shadow thieves, I decided to postpone this decision by not meeting her until I had solved all quests in chapter 2 first. But now I can not meet her anymore. She does not spawn at the graveyard entrance and her crypt is still barred. Why did this happen and what can I do about that? I have not used cheats yet but I would make an exception in this case because I do not want to replay the game. If meeting Bhodi is no longer possible, I want at least the quest entry "Meet Valen's Mistress" to disappear - it does not disappear if I pay Gaelan, unfortunately. Help is highly appreciated.

[ July 30, 2003, 10:45: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

This may be a silly question, but sometimes we just miss things - are you certain it's night when you go to the graveyard? Not dusk, but bona fide night.

3. Avatar77 Gems: 1/31

I have been there at night - in fact I have been there at almost every other time as well. I think there is a prerequisite for meeting Bodhi I am no longer fulfilling. But which one is it?

4. Zorith Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I think that there is a time limit on meeting up with her. I am not entirely sure if I am correct. Do you have a previous save from right before or right after speaking with Valen.

5. Avatar77 Gems: 1/31

A time restriction is possible (although a design flaw in my opinion). Unfortunately, I do not have any old savegames left where Bhodi was still spawning. The second chapter is so long that I decided to delete old savegames in order to keep the savegame folder short. By the way, I am playing with the latest stable patch (and of course ToB) installed.

6. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31

may be wrong....but i read somewhere that the main PC can't be a thief, and you're ****ed if you attacked any vampires anywhere.

if this is true it sucks for me...wanted to do it this time through but my char is a mage/thief....

7. Serpent Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Actually you should be able to side with Bodhi if your PC is a mage/thief. Only single class thieves are restricted to side only with shadow thieves (due to the stonghold issue).

8. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

If i remember correctly there is a time limit to Bodhi's offer among some other restrictions. And again IIRC it is about two weeks after the offer.

9. Kralizek Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

One of the prerequisites for meeting Bodhi is not to attack any vampire in the occasional battles that occur at night (the fight where Sansuki shows up comes to mind...).

10. Avatar77 Gems: 1/31

My main character is a paladin. I think I did not kill any vampires during the nightly shadow thief/vampire encounters but I am not sure. So already two people think there could be a time limit. Well, if this is true, what can be done about it? Is there a counter which can be reset?

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Also, if you side with the Shadow Thieves, the quest "meet with Valen's mistress" will always be there in your journal. It doesn't go away. I think "collect a fee for Galen Bayle" stays there if you side with the Vampires instead of the shadow thieves. Can anyone tell me what equipment you get from Bohdi if you take her side?

12. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31

so if you're gonna do the vampire quest instead of the shadowthieves youre probably gonne end up doing most of the optional quests after you get out from the underdark?

Do all of the even remain available after Underdark?

I've never bothered waiting...

13. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I don't know but I'm voting for a bug of some sort.

I've never heard of a time limit and I've gone long periods of time between meeting Valen and going to meet Bodhi. I've also killed random vampires and still sided with her etc.

You can side with her even as a thief if you don't accept the guild. Even when I have accepted the guild I still meet with her and while talking she says she can tell I wouldn't fit into her plans and she dumps me.

Just sounds buggy to me but I'm not sure.

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    All quests remain after the underdark, and they are actually a little harder when you do them later.

The type and number of enemies you encounter is based on the amount of XP you have earned, so obviously, if you do the underdark before doing the side quests, you have much more XP than had you done them before going to the Asylum.

For example, in the shade lord's dungeon, if you go through before the underdark, you probably won't encounter any liches. However, after the underdark you'll find two liches (one in the room with the pillar on the other side of the fire pit, and the other in the hallway before the room with all the letters).

15. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

When Valen appcroaches you, he says that his mistress (Bodhi of course ;) ) is staying for a few days only... maybe thats why, but could be any of the other reasons as well..

16. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

A quick roleplaying question: What the hell is a Paladin doing working for Bohdi?

17. Avatar77 Gems: 1/31

Aldeth: I have obtained an old savegame from a friend of mine who also plays this game (and also has the problem I described above). You *can* remove the quest entry "Meet Valen's Mistress" from the questbook. All you have to do is to meet Bodhi and reject her offer. This is one reason more for me to find a possibility to meet Bodhi.

Alex: I have no plans to work with Bodhi. All I want to do is to "finish" the Valen quest (see my comment for Aldeth above). In addition, I would like to accept Bodhi's offer in a test game to take a peek at her crypt before resuming my real game.

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I stand corrected then Avatar. I've never sided with Bohdi, or even listened to her offer. So for me, it always remained as an "open" quest even after I had sided with Aran Linvail.

19. Avatar77 Gems: 1/31

I did a test. Using an old savegame, I reloaded the game to a point where Bodhi was still spawning. Then I completed the shadow thief quest by killing Mae'Var but Bodhi still appeared and I was still given the same offer. So whatever keeps Bodhi from spawning in my real game, it has nothing to do with solving the shadow thief quests.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.