1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Need help finishing off this party (Mazzy or Minsc?)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Klorox, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Hey everybody. I'm trying to construct a good aligned party, with the intent of getting to Spellhold ASAP and getting Imoen into the party.

I'm happy with my party, but I'd really like to know who you think is a better fit, Mazzy or Minsc:

Fighter/Mage: Me
    Jaheira
    Anomen
    Keldorn
    Yoshi->Imoen

Mazzy provides my team with an awesome missile weapon character. I probably have enough frontliners with the Protagonist, Keldorn, and Jaheira and Anomen being used in that role when needed. Although I'm not happy with her shortswords, there is plenty of time to slap slots on Halberds on her. Unfortunately, I need to go on a small quest to get Mazzy into my party (I really want to get to Spellhold ASAP!).

Nobody is stronger than Minsc (at least, not for a long time!). Minsc uses two-handed swords, and he's not bad with a longbow. He can be a stealthy character if needed (but I probably won't use him in that role until I get that shadow dragon armor). He's an awesome tank, and leaves Jaheira and Anomen a little further back, where they won't get hurt as easily.

Both characters have some cool special abilities. Mazzy can heal herself, and Minsc can learn some low-level spells.

So, cast your votes! You will determine who fills out my next good-aligned party! Who do you think fits better into this group?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 14 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Need help finishing off this party (Mazzy or Minsc?) (14 votes.)

Need help finishing off this party (Mazzy or Minsc?) (Choose 1)
    * Minsc - 57% (8)
    * Mazzy - 43% (6)

2. Xindell Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

First off, I just like Minsc better, so I am biased. Plus, you've already got Keldorn the paladin and Anomen the wanna-be paladin. Do you REALLY need yet another wanna-be paladin in your party?! Go with Minsc, IMHO.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Ditto!

(Yes, Tal, but he said all I might want to.)

4. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

For the sake of the poll, I voted for Minsc. Nothing particular against Mazzy, but I just find him far more useful.

5 fighter-types? That's a bit of overkill, isn't it?

And good-aligned? Jaheira is true neutral (although she leans towards good). I'm presuming you haven't completed Anomen's knighthood quest, so he is lawful neutral (based on your rush to get to Spellhold). Yoshimo is true neutral. 60% of your current party is neutral, and that's not including your PC's alignment.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Minsc, simply because I dislike Mazzy (guess why). Since you would prob. have too many fighters, I would ditch Anomen and take anyone else to his place :D

6. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I voted for Mazzy. Why? Because she's good archer, and you don't need more tanks at all.

If you want a stealthy character, you could take Valygar. He can also backstab and cast several spells.

7. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Minsc, always Minsc. No matter who else you´re thinking about.

And also, please, drop off Anomen in some dark hole somewhere and pick up someone else. Maybe Mazzy, that way your first problem gets solved. Anomen shouldn´t be allowed in Bg2 at all. Cant someone make a mod where you can give the guards Anomen to burn instead of Viccy? That would make my day.

8. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Anomen becomes ridiculously powerful around the end of SOA, hes annoying but thats not the point, he the best cleric avaliable to you in the game.

9. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

@Virne: I have no idea why.

@Duke: I had considered Aerie instead of Anomen (I don't want to play a Cleric, and Viconia is out, with Keldorn in the party and me saying I want to play *good* guys), but I think that might be too many Mages (Imoen, Aerie and the protagonist). Anomen's in.

Hey, howcome I can't check the results of my own poll without voting? It's kind of silly that I need to cast my own vote when asking for an outside opinion! :rolleyes: :grr: :bang:

10. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Jaheira and Aerie can easily provide the healing that will be needed. There is no use for a pure cleric if you ask me. And as I´ve said a thousand times before. You can never have to many mages. The most irritating part with having to few is all the memorized spell management. With three you can make one "disabling mage" one with only harmful spells and the third can just fill the gaps. Makes my life a whole lot better :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.