1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How many times have you played thru Baldur's Gate II?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by komei, Sep 28, 2002.

1. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

How many times have you played thru SoA, ToB and with what type of character?

Myself I have played thru SoA 3 times and ToB twice (including SoA part)

1st time thru SoA was with a True Neutral Male Cleric Half-Elf (Priest of Helm). I did the Viconia romance, though I didn't quite get to the end of it. This was before ToB was out.

2nd time thru SoA and ToB was with a True Neutral Female Kensai/Mage Human (Duelled at level 12). I did the Anomen romance right to the end! I feel very sorry for any woman who has to put up with a man like him!

3rd time thru (and just finished last week!) SoA and ToB was with a Chaotic Neutral Multiclass Fighter/Mage/Thief Half-Elf. I did the Aerie romance right to the end. I initially tried to 'almost' solo with myself and Aerie but ended up with 6 as usual!

The party constantly changed thru all 3 games apart from in the ToB part for the last 2 games.

In the Kensai/Mage game the main party for the ToB part was Myself, Anomen, Saverok, Jan, Viconia, Edwin (I think!)

In the Fighter/Mage/Thief game the main party for the ToB part was Myself, Aerie, Minsc, Mazzy, Nalia and Korgan.

Personally I think the easiest game overall was the last, but I guess that's because I knew what to expect!

I've always wanted to go around with an evil party killing everything but never have the heart to!

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Too many.

Seriously, probably a dozen or more. My first time through was with a priest of lathander with abysmal stats since I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Second time was with a ranger, and I pretty much destroyed everything.

I can't really remember what classes I played in what order then, but I've played everything except thief at least once.

3. komei Gems: 5/31

Aww you gotta do a thief or at least a multi-class including thief - the thief stronghold is cool!

If I ever get round to it I want to be a Paladin (Cavalier) and a Monk - I hear they kick major butt after a few levels!

4. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Finished the game with a Female Thief dualled to Mage at level 13. It was quite difficult in TOB and especially the end, because all the really cool items for thieves and mages are pretty much rings! Also did the Anomen romance, it was a bit stale, but easy to do.

Then completed with a Beserker human male. It was a "fragfest" if you catch my drift. I found the reages far too useful for any description. Great. I did the Jaheira romance all the way before moving to TOB. Took ages but it is worth it.

I've set off with a heap of other charcters and I guess that I'll eventually finish them off. At various stages of Chapter 5 and 6 mostly. I don't think that I can ever do the Aerie romance because I find her so annoying, not in the dialogs but her normal comments.

I have started the Viconia romance but she is so incredibly confusing. Such a woman! :D

Anyway after I've completed IWD2 I'll get back to my Blade and others...

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    First, Undead Hunter. Second, whole party of PC's with: Inquisitor, dualled F/M, dualled F/C, dualled f/T, multi R/C, straight up bard. Third, monk. Fourth, multi F/M solo. Fifth, multi F/T solo. Sixth, evil barbarian deliberately mixing alignments with NPC's for the dialogues. Seventh, evil F/M/T solo. Now, sorceror, playing with Jan, Aerie, Yoshimo (for the time being), Nalia and Edwin.

Gulp (too much time on my hands . . .)

6. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Three times.
    Once with a cavalier, once with a undead hunter, and once with a fighter.

7. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I've started way too many games with various classes and races as my main character. The ones I have actually taken to the end are:

Male Human Paladin
    Female Human Undead Hunter
    1/2 Elf Male Bard
    1/2 Elf Male Druid
    Elven Male Archer
    Elven Female Mage/Thief
    Elven Female Fighter/Mage/Thief (not great combo IMHO)
    Elven Male Sorcerer

I'm currently running a 1/2 elf cleric/mage.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I've completed BG2 and ToB twice...

Frst with a female CC half-elven f/m/t, doing the Anomen romance the good way.

Second time, female LE half-elven assassin... romancing Anomen the evil way...

I have a couple of games that I need to complete, thew only problem being that my stupid computer is down... again... I hate WIn ME...

Ara
    (Liking Kelsey quite a lot...)

9. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

About 6 times SOA and only twice TOB

Always first the paladin.

After that a multi classed fighter/mage (they rock in SOA, i had an armor class of minus 10 or more without armor, if I cast the right spells)
    That was by far the easiest game!

After that I created six players of my own (now they were gods, all imported from BG1 with super stats from those books, all legal)

I only did TOB twice because of the lag, my computer couldn't take the big fights

10. Hassassin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

4 x SoA, 3 times from it including ToB. I have started it several more times, only to discover, that the play-style for the protagonist class I have tried is nothing for me, and re-started. So - my protagonists :

Human NG Kensai
    Human CG Archer
    Human CG Swashbuckler

11. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

SoA & ToB only once. My character was True neutral human Conjurer (portrait: Edwin's from BG1). Now I'm playing SoA (&ToB) second time through with Cavalier. :)

12. Camlan Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Two times through SoA, one with a half-elf wizard and another with an elven fighter/mage.

Just got ToB yesterday, so I'm planning to play it with these two characters :)

13. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Twice through both (second time I started in BG).
    1st. CG Half-elf Ranger. I didn't do a romance and did not take full advantage of the magic system.
    2nd. CG Halfling F/T. I romance Aerie all the way through. I finished before the baby was born.

Awesome game(s). Highly recommend taking a thief or mc thief through.

14. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Finished chapter 1 in SoA with every possible char many times (horrible restart syndrome :D :D )

But i finished SoA three times
    1:>- kensai dwarf with drow full plate (shadow keeper ;) ) with no party as i constantly go itself killed :) .Used cheats all the way. Possibly i had all stats 25 as well :rolleyes:

2:>- ranger archer with my self-made perfect party ;) Not so great for we were again too poweful

3:>-druid with valygar, soulafein, anomen, jan, kelsey best time throught until now :D

15. Solidude Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sweet Karana...I have played BGII tooooo many times to count

Right now I am playing a MAJORLY tweaked party..hehe

Me - F/M/T
    Minsc - Monk
    Viconia - Cleric/Ranger
    Jaheira - Fighter/Avenger (modified to be able to use the elven bow)
    Aerie - Skald
    Imoen - Sorceror

I know that it is tweaking a bit much, but hell, this is the first game I have really enjoyed all the NPC's together and enjoy the various classes

16. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31

Oh gods...I've played too many times to count...3 characters that come to mind are a CG elven ranger, a CG elven sorcerer, and a NE rogue/mage.

17. Person_Persival Banned

Ive played through with um...Mage, Sorcerer, Archer, Monk, and Druid. I enjoyed playing through with Druid and Mage the most.

18. Elementus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I honestly finished with every race and every class.
    Elf - Ranger 3x
    Human - Wizard 2x
    Half Elf - Fighter/Mage 1x
    Halfling - Thief 2x
    Half Orc - Barbarian 1x
    Elf - Sorcerer 4x
    Gnome - Mage 1x
    Dwarf - Barbarian 1x
    Dwarf - Cleric 1x
    Elf - Fighter/Mage 2x
    Human - Paladin 1x
    Human - Monk 2x
    Human - Druid 1x
    Elf - Fighter 2x
    Human - Wild Mage 1x
    Human - Bard 2x

I think I got all of the classes and races covered, the #x is the number of times I beat them with that character or similar, I still didnt do all of the multiclasses yet but I never liked them so I keep it mostly at single classes. I didnt beat it with every single kit but I have played all of them.

19. komei Gems: 5/31

Wow - is it the only game you play? It takes me 3 months to play thru just once (but I guess i don't play continuously - I like the 'tip' that comes up saying even tho your chars dont have to eat, YOU do! We don;t want to lose any hardened adventurers thru starvation or something! - and when i do play I try to find everything I can and do as many quests etc as I can, and make as many items from the parts that I can :) )

20. Hazel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Human- Fighter/Mage
    Elf- Fighter/Mage/Cleric
    Half-Elf- Fighter/Mage/Thief

I have yet to experience Kensia or Archer *drool*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.