1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Protection from magic

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Spudsquisher, May 31, 2001.

1. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] ok here's the deal.. i went to see kangaxx, to find out what the big fuss is about.. i killed his 1st body quickly..then when his 2nd one popped up, i cast protection from magic on him..the blue sphere went round him, but he still cast spells that wasted my party in about 20-25 seconds! i thought that with the PFM thing on him, he couldn't cast...whats going on?

2. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

You are supposed to protect Yourself against magic.. :D Ehh. That's about it. Protect the character who has a meelee weapon that can hit him. And start hack him down. IT would be best if You have a beserker that can "rage" and get immune to imprisonment

3. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

but in the decript it says that someone in the sphere can not cast magic!!!

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Have I said something stupid again?
    For Once I haven't time to check up on it this time. sorry. Guests coming by.

5. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Are you sure you have learn to read???

read and understand
    try this
    :)

6. Shrike00 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You need to cast Protection from Magic on the person (preferably someone with a low thaco) who has a weapon that can hit the lich, i.e +5 or some such.

It shouldn't matter whether they can cast magic or not. They will be protected from the lich's magic while they bludgeon, slash, pierce him to death.

Hold the rest of your party back if you must.

Any other questions?

[This message has been edited by Shrike00 (edited May 31, 2001).]

7. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

what is the average rainfall for the coalstal lowlands of venezuela?

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Tsk, don't you know anything :rolleyes:
    Oh well, basically all you need to know is that the northwestern coastal regions experience descending air, and the resultant aridity can be severe, some places receiving less than 20 inches (500 millimetres) of rainfall annually. La Guaira, for example, receives an average of only 11 inches. Rain shadow areas behind coastal and upland ranges also receive little rain, while their corresponding windward slopes are generally well watered. Inland, the Llanos and the southern interior of the country generally receive sufficient rainfall to support tropical savanna, lush tropical rain forest (selva), and cultivated cropland and grassland pastures.

tsk some peopl just don't seem to know even the most basic of information ;)

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited May 31, 2001).]

9. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

how do u find the area inside a triange?

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Close Your eyes. Take Your triangle. Open Your eyes. There You have it. You just found the indside of a triangle
    A= 1/2 X HEIGHT x SQUARELINE

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 31, 2001).]

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    All right people that's enough of the nonsense... :)

12. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere

Type: Defense, hindrance
    Strategy: This spell has many many uses. Creating a sphere around the target that lets no damage pass through, this spell can be used offensively and
    defensively. Assuming the spell is not resisted, it can be cast on one creature out of a mob to let you deal with the others first. This spell can be cast on enemy spellcasters to prevent them from casting on you. Also, this spell can
    be used to shield an ailing party member. The possibilities are endless.

from some guide I got somwhere....

[This message has been edited by toast (edited June 01, 2001).]

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ah, but if you used that on Kangaxx, you couldn't damage him either...

14. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

ok, i have been trying 2 kill him for ages now!! i don't have that pallys only sword...can i hurt him with anything else? i keep hitting him and it just says 'wepon innefectave'

15. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

You neeed +4 or better.

16. Lothar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Spudsquisher is quite right to be confused. The protection from magic scrolls should prevent an enemy from casting spells, but should still be able to be damaged by weapons (once protections wear off). Anyway, I have no idea why that didn't work. It works on other liches, although I've never tried the tecnique on Kangaax himself.

17. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] +4.. i tried using the daystar ( +4 vs evil ) but just says no effect) :(

[This message has been edited by Spudsquisher (edited June 01, 2001).]

18. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    The enchantment level must be +4 or better; normally a weapon that has different bonuses vs. different monsters has an enchantment level of the lowest bonus...

19. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] thats it? cast protection from magic on a liche and then hack away with carsomy? i cant wait until i import my thief into BG2...

20. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Maybe its cause kangaxx's spells are special abilities such as the illithid stuff. His imprisonment is long ranged and he has the demilich howl. Maybe thats why the protection from magic scroll didnt work. I dont really kno, i just used it(gasp) on myself and beat him with a stick i bought from ribald.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.