1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Solo quest order?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Thunder, May 10, 2006.

1. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

When you solo, do you have a order you do the quests in? What makes you do the quests in that perticular order?

I always do the circus tent quest first, usually followed by the battle in the inn (den of the seven veils?). Then the slavers quest of de copper coronet, usually followed by the thieves guild quest. I leave the planar sphere and haer'dalis quest until later when I have better equipment and savingthrows.

I normally have some items on my shopping list that I want to get ASAP in solo games, but usually go for items that grant a savingthrow and/or armor bonus first, seeing as a failed save is enough to get killed really easy when playing solo.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's the order I did, then went to the Bridge District -- mistake. Does anyone else have problems with the rune assassins? These guys are killing me (over and over and over...).

3. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yep they are terrible! They see invisible characters, turn invisible just like that and can backstab standing in front of you! I just confronted the mage at the end and ran upstairs and away from those bastards ASAP. Came back later to finish them of, but it cost me a lot of healing potions!

4. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Usually I start with these quests:

1) Circus
    2) Slavers
    3) Graveyard
    4) Government (Viconia,Jan XP)
    5) Watcher's Keep (buy potions' case,ammo belt and quivers from inside)
    6) Harpers
    7) Umar Hills (the small quests)
    8) Trademeet - Druid Grove (go invisible and kill Rakhasa for the reward >10000 gold)

and then continue with Murders-Bridge, Shadow Thieves ...

Yes they are the toughest enemy in the early game.When I solo a fighter-type I confront them only when I have the Ibratha sword (mirror image) and an oil of speed.Summons from items can help too.

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I usually start with

1) the circus
    2) the slavers
    3) Mea'Var's quests (although the first quests from Edwin usually must wait until I get a +2 weapon)
    4) bridge murders

Going to the Watcher's Keep for the potion and arrow cases is probably a very good idea as well. I usually also try to get the Amulet of Power as soon as possible (for the Negative Plane Protection).

Further quests usually depend on which equipment I want to get. If I have a character which uses the FoA, for instance, I'll go to the de'Arnise Keep ASAP.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

:yot: Rune assassins? :confused:

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

When you go after the tanner in the bottom of his house, the guys who keep going invisible and backstabbing....

8. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Keep yoshimo and that potion of the master thief and pick pocket ribald to get a ring of regeneration, one of the best items in the early game.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    1) Circus tent - it's right there and easy to boot!
    2) Government - some easy XP from saving Viccy and Jan.
    3) Graveyard - fairly easy...unless you go down to the area with the Egyptian ruins...
    4) Slavers - Start in the CC, and work your way to the ship...not the other way around.
    5) Harpers - this is more of a though fight, but you can do it at a low level
    6) Thieves Guild - this is where you get a lot of XP and gold. If you can, do these quests as early as possible.
    7) Trademeet - if you can, complete the entire quest...if you can't, the side quest involving the Djini and the Feliniod...I mean Rakhasa...will get you some good XP and some gp. :p
    8) Umar Hills - If you can't complete the entire Trademeet quest, then hop on over to the Umar Hills. Get some XP, and while you're there, don't forget to grab Valygar's corpse (or tell him to meet you at the sphere).
    9) Cult of the Unseeing Eye - go do this quest now. You should be able to handle a few beholders by now.
    10) at this point, it's up to you... :rolling:

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] I wholeheartidly agree with the list above, but you can make a change of pace here and there, for something new, extraordinary and challenging. Like trying to get Spellhold to rescure dearest Immy as soon as possible, when you just first have 15K gp. (which is easily done by a single major quest, most of the time)

I may try that in the future, but since I have Improved As(s)ylum mod, I am rather..flinched. :roll: But the beauty of this game is there is NO order in most of the quests, you can do as many of them as you like, in your own order, or just skip them. I miss that in ToB part, as there is not that big of choice to be made in this manner in ToB, unfourtunately. But it is sill a fun game thanks to cool atmosphere and gigantic and epic battles ahead! Do you agree?

11. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

i usually do the same sort of thing with a party or if i solo

copper coronet(slavers)
    harpers and mae'var
    a few bridge area quests
    pick up quests in temple and government areas
    make a start of de arnise
    eyeless
    a few of the other outta town quests

12. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Depends a lot on the class of my character.

If I'm playing a thief, at least starting the guild provides a good amount of XP with no combat (open all those locks and disarm the traps in that room under Edwin baby!). This provides a pretty good early "leg up" for me.

13. Pseudospawn Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I normally follow Kitrax's routine whether i'm soloing or in a party.

But when im finally on a roll i attempt Windspear Hills & Firkraag and die suprisingly quickly. when does everyone else think the best time is to go after the dragon?

14. Klorox

I go about as late as possible, unless I'm playing a Paladin.

15. Pseudospawn Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

So is it worth saving the whole windspear hills till last and take it all in one go or just save Firkraag himself till after everything else?

I don't like going into an area for 1 or 2 quests, i'd rather clear it then move on, but yeah i guess i have to make exceptions for the toughened monsters like Kangaxx and Firkraag.

16. Klorox

Go whenever you feel comfortable. I don't know what it is, but the planar prison, planar sphere, and Firkraag scare me the most! :eek:

17. Die_Bad_Guys Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

the acorn quest is extremely easy and gives too much exp for a solo character to ignore early on.

18. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Typically...

1) Circus
    2) CC slavers and sewers (Lilarcor)
    3) Stronghold and anything in its vicinity (so a ranger would do all the Umar Hills stuff, a druid would do all the Trademeet stuff, etc.)
    4) de'Arnise Keep (second stronghold?)
    5) Mae'Var (if not already done)
    6) Tradmeet (if not already done)
    7) Clear out Athkatla before hitting the other places

19. UCLAEnigma Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I completely agree. I always end up leaving each of those until the very end. And when I don't, they are the quests that give me the most trouble (especially the Warden and those 2 air elementals - if I go early I always forget to get +2 weapons and so have to kill the warden to get the staff and then kill the elementals with that).

As for the order, it's the same everyone listed... more or less:

1) Circus
    2) Copper Coronet
    3) de'Arnise Keep (I play a melee-heavy parties most of the time so the trolls are never a big deal)
    4) Trademeet
    5) Umar Hills
    6) Bridge District
    7) Temple District (Cult of Unseeing Eye as late as possible... I hate that quest)

20. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

the planar prison is not that hard early on, just have minsc wielding lilacor or the sword of choas, have either viconia, aerie or anomen pumped full of healing spells and dispel paralysis to free minsc up if he get held.

my usual order of quests is as follows:
    1) Circus Tent
    2) CC and slavers
    3) Bridge District quest
    4) temple minor quests
    5) Getting celestial fury

after that, you may have gone up a few levels depending on how many people you have in your party and should have enough magical weapons to take on most on most enimies and complete most of the other quests (would leave firkraag and the shadow dragon till last)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.