1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which NPC would take over from BHAAL

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Takara, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    O.k, everyone is wondering what you would do after TOB. The question is...
    TOB ends and you decide to head back to Faerun and do whatever it is you want to do. That leaves the throne empty. Now cyric, of course, would like this. What if, before you go, you could give one of your party characters your essence and they could take over instead? Who do you think it would be?
    For me, since Jan is already a god, it would be minsc. I mean, given the opprtunity, he would like to kick the butts of evil with god sized boots. I think, you could allow characters who could not join your party, like tiax (supposing he survived), to Gealen Bayle.

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

If I was in a perverse mood and wanted to leave the world open to some serious chaos, I'd put Edwin in charge. He would make a truly amazing evil God.

One I'd love to leave in charge would be Tiax. He already thinks he's determined to rule the world one day and making him a God in your place would be the answer to his dreams. It would also be interesting to see just how he handled the whole thing. I suspect he'd probably just collapse at the very prospect of it.

And what was that about Jan as a God already?

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Didn't you know? After Jan's side-quest he reveals he is actually The Masked Leaf; that silly god Aerie worships :D

Since I would not choose mortality, pretty useless question from my part, but if I had to choose one NPC that would be a fitting "god", it would be -perhaps- Valygar :D He would not be sticking his nose to others affairs, but still keep care of those he chooses to.

4. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Edwin anytime, I mean c'mon! He's always going on about how he's the most powerful and smartest person in the world. He'd go for the God-thing anytime. (He DID take a battle against Elminster after ToB..)

5. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What about Sarevok? Speaking of making people's dream come true. At this point he's just ordinary like everyone else, so he should have a stab at it.

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Viconia, so someone could finally kick Lolth ugly ass once and for all.

7. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Probably Sarevok. For some reason I really feel for him, he is so strong and ambicious and gloomy, and he's already got an afterdeath experience. And he is so disappointed in me after I refuse divinity. After all he did for me - and he was my main tank through the whole ToB, died probably 5 times, I have to reward him somehow. He would make a really cool god, after being in my company his ideas of world have changed a little bit, so I don't think he'll be pure evil, more like the god who'll be on the side of strong, reckless, power-hungry, but not necesserely evil.
    I would give it to Minsc, but then I am afraid it would be Boo who'll become next god of murder... And what? He'll start killing all cats or whoever else if the enemy of hamsters?

8. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I would like to Viconia take over Bhaal's Throne, because Lolth needs to die one of these days...

9. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Arien Linvail would be a good god. He'd have his hand in everyones pocket.

He'd be the Micheal Corlione of the gods of Faerun.

10. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

No one Evil and not me, I would do evil with it once I had the essence again. None of the joinable NPC’s either, I would give it to Elminster.

11. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Elminster wouldn't accept it, unfortunately. He's fully dedicated to serving Mystra only.

For the NPC's it's hard to say. Probably either Valygar, Imoen, Sarevok (after changing alignment into CG) or Aerie.

12. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

I'd give it to Minsc, see what he could do with the position. The Abyss would be full of hamster playgrounds :D

13. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I'd give it to Korgan, there are too many people on this earth, and he'd do a fine job of cutting down the over population :)

14. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'd probably give it to Keldorn...there's a man who would do his duty as a god.
    Or maybe Valygar; he'd make a good foil for Mystra and Azuth...at least, I think he would.

15. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Virne, I hope you're kidding about Jan being a god in disguise, right?

16. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hmmm...i'd give it to...Boo. Ya he'd make a good God of Murder i think. If only to see Cyric get his ass kicked by a Hamster i think i'd choose Boo. I mean i'd like to know someone with a protection form furry-Godly-Hamster-fury, spell!

17. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I can't believe you people. How on Earth could you forget Noober?

He could be the god of Noobs and mentaly damaged (and very very VERY annoying) people.

18. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'd pick Aerie. I wouldn't pick an evil character for it, so I'd pick the romance I do pretty much every time I go through the game. Now how's THAT for child suppport! Aerie's a goddess I'd be glad to worship.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.