1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Grove

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Wildfire, Dec 11, 2000.

1. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] I found a place on my map called The Grove (NOT the Druid Grove). All there was were about a dozen giant stone heads which, if you transform into the slayer, will make you fight another slayer or something. It is very wierd. All I want to know is whether this has anything to do with a quest, or whether it does anything, coz although i got a bit of xp, it doesn't seem to do anyhting.

cheers

2. Beorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Never heard of it. Where is it and how did you get there?

3. Sol'torg Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have beaten the game multiple times and have never found any such place. If it does exist, the way to get there must be VERY obscure. Having done every quest available, I don't think this place exists. I must ask you HOW in the world you got there.

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Anyone who comes across something strange always has time for a split second reaction to hit "print screen".

Bust out the images or let those who are asking know how to get there and where it is located otherwise this is a dead thread.

Syl...

5. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I think you should not smoke joint before playing BG2.

6. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Uh. Some of my best gaming experiences have been when I'm very drunk or very high ;)

Syl...

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Ummm, can you attach pictures to posts?

All I did was head north out of the forest of Tethir, and there it was. If there is any way of pasting pictures in, i can show you on my map.

p.s. I don't smoke joint

8. Beorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

If this is a legit area, I wonder if it might have anything to do with the CE disks.

[edit: I just tried to get there going north out of Tethir...no luck. Where is it located on the world map? It seems like there could be an area just north and between Trademeet and the lake. Is that it?]

[This message has been edited by Beorn (edited December 12, 2000).]

9. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Wildfire, send the screenshot file to

sylvus@sorcerers.net

I can post it up on my web shell for people to view on the message boards and make note of it for the Online Solution I'm working on.

Thanks!

Syl...

10. Jayshaw91 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Quick side question, but totally unrelated. In BG1 you could move from forest to forest and find attached areas almost all the time. I've noticed when you leave Umar Hills, Trademeet, and a few other places there aren't attached forests/areas for them. Other than this mysterious grove that we're talking about, are there just generic forest areas to walk through and whack the random monster or do all of the areas outside the main city appear from info you get from NPC's?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.