1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The most powerful creature ever (minor spoiler)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Seid, Aug 2, 2001.

1. either mellisan,Demogorgon or cangax.Actually a pheasent!!!:shake::shake::shake::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2. DinoTiggy1 Guest

No, it's got to be those mice.

3. Elementus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I thought all the enemies thats actually supposed to hurt were easy, took me 10 minutes or so with mellisan, one trtry with firkraag, and all of the other dragons except for the black dragon in umar hills. and the demilich took me two attempts but once you get the statagy down its easy, one big part of winning a battle is how predictable your enemey is, you fight one dragon, you are more prepared next time, and you get wiser. I really dislike adamatite golems, and any creatures with huge resistances to physical attacks(100% protection from slashing) that is the only one I can think of that made me frustrated.....

[This message has been edited by Elementus (edited June 27, 2002).]

4. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I must've reloaded about five times for chickens.:p

5. Memosarks Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

For me, the hardest battle I fought in TOB, relatively speaking in regards to levels etc. was the Wraith in Yaga's Temple who appeared to you in the image of Gorion. That took me a whole lot-o-fights to finally beat.... then I got Anoman for my next time round, and the fight was over in 10 seconds with his turn undead. Who'd have thunk it...

6. badge9781 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

melissan is one tough girl ouch i dont know how many times i had to reload the dang thing

7. Deth Guest

[​IMG] You know that thief that helps you get to spellhold? What about that nasty dude that shows up if you attack him?

8. Parvini Gems: 10/31

I always found the first battle with Irenicus hard but that's just me.

Incidently can you kill that Demon in the drow city and what happens if you do? Can it be CNTRL Q'd? I'd love to see its awesome stats.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

There were only two creatures in the entire series that took me more than two tries to beat on the core rules level. Ravager and Amy. I still have not come up with tactics that always work against them.

10. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

Oh yeah the Ravager. I forgot about him but he was my hardest fight.

11. Parvini Gems: 10/31

Everyone cries about Draconis but I found the Dragon in Watcher's Keep the hardest Mofo in the game. That thing is awesome, I left it there in the end after about 10 re-loads.

12. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

the fight with Sarevok, Semaj, Angelo and Tazok over all... havenĀ“t finished TOB actually... now a speech...

why do everyone think that Boo is so cool... ok the attack he has is pretty cool but you gets tired of him and Minsc after some time... its like Jan... or Edwin... but not Montaron, Viconia or Xan... they are funny guys... I like the others but they gets a little bit annoying in a way... not the Imoen/Nalia way... yet...

13. Lord Ogre Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You actually meet 2 dragons in WK, but I guess you are referring to Saladrex, as you need to slay the other one to enter the demogorgons lair (He has the warrior skull). But they were both a piece of Cake! Just have a mage (EDWIN I SAY!!!!) cast time stop, then improved alacrity, then 1 or 2 lower resistance, a pierce shield, a breach and then start firing a couple of magic missiles and a dragons breath and if you still have time, summon energy-discs and start throwing them at him. He's dead 5 seconds after the time stop is done... :D Worked for me!

14. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I concur, Demogorgon and the Ravager takes the cake. I took care of Melissan without restarting. I wasn't able to do that with Demogorgon. :spin:

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I actually found demogorgon to be a complete whimp. Just cast Warding Whip on him, ignore the marileths, and have your tanks stomp their name into his chest. Pierce Shield and Lower Resistance work as well, if you want to use magic, as does a planetar.

16. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Malchor Harpell, cannot be killed.
    Elminster. I did tens of thousands of damage to him with the killsw01 and he brushed it off.
    Arkanis Gath. You can't kill him.

There are probably others. But these are powerful because you can't kill them.

17. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

But they are not powerful enemies, they are just "immortal".
    I think the worst enemy is Abazigal.
    But the selection of the worst enemy depends on the members of your party (Sorcerer - Demogorgon no problem; Melissan - needs min 2 fighters, without 2 fighters or in solo you can destroy him only very hard I think).
    And the worst creature type is Mind Flayer...Tghey are very strange in the world of ADnD, I dont like it. They are a little science fiction-kin...

[ August 30, 2002, 01:34: Message edited by: Baronius the Sorcerer ]

18. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hmm...I can't see the point in these topics. Want to know the most powerful creature? Open up ShadowKeeper and have a look at the levels.
    Search, and you'll find at least 50-odd topics just like this. Make your bandwith get wasted on something useful instead.

On a lighter note; Mellissan was hardest.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.