1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Naming Voice Files?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Kyrie, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Kyrie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

After I've recorded a soundset for a BG II character, how do I actually put it into the game? I mean, do I have to label it a special way so it can tell "just told to attack" sounds from "just selected" sounds? Thanks so much to whomever can help me out!

2. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

The file names need to be in a special format for the game to set the sounds properly. Choose a name of seven letters or less, and then the letter on the end tells the game where it should be used. For example, if you wanted to use "Kyrie" as the name of your soundset:

Kyriea.wav - Battle Cry 1
    Kyrieb.wav - Becoming Leader
    Kyriec.wav - Tired
    Kyried.wav - Bored
    Kyriee.wav - Badly Wounded
    Kyrief.wav - Selected 1
    Kyrieg.wav - Selected 2
    Kyrieh.wav - Selected 3
    Kyriei.wav - Action Acknowledgement 1
    Kyriej.wav - Action Acknowledgement 2
    Kyriek.wav - Action Acknowledgement 3
    Kyriel.wav - Being Hit
    Kyriem.wav - Dying
    Kyrien.wav - In Forest
    Kyrieo.wav - In City
    Kyriep.wav - In Dungeon
    Kyrieq.wav - Daytime
    Kyrier.wav - Nighttime
    Kyries.wav - Action Acknowledgement 4
    Kyriet.wav - Action Acknowledgement 5
    Kyrieu.wav - Action Acknowledgement 6
    Kyriev.wav - Action Acknowledgement 7
    Kyriew.wav - Reaction to Party Member Death
    Kyriex.wav - Rare Select 1
    Kyriey.wav - Rare Select 2
    Kyriez.wav - Critical Hit
    Kyrie1.wav - Critical Miss
    Kyrie2.wav - Target Immune
    Kyrie3.wav - Inventory Full
    Kyrie4.wav - Successfully Picked A Pocket
    Kyrie5.wav - Successfully Hid In shadows
    Kyrie6.wav - Spell Disrupted
    Kyrie7.wav - Set A Trap
    Kyrie8.wav - Battle Cry 2
    Kyrie9.wav - Battle Cry 3
    Kyrie0.wav - Selected 6
    Kyrie_.wav - Action Acknowledgement 8

Drop the whole batch ito the sounds folder in your BG2 folder.

3. Kyrie Gems: 2/31

You are a saint.

Oh, and just for clarification, what are the following?

Daytime
    Nighttime
    Rare Select

Thanks...

4. CamDawg

If I had a nickel for ever time I've been called a saint, I would have five cents. :D

The day time and night time lines are similar to the "in dungeon" and "in city" lines, except they only occur at day/night and IIRC not in dungeons. The rare selcted lines are lines that happen when you click on a character, but they only happen rarely. Some of these border on silliness. Examples:

• Minsc "Don't teach my hamster to suck eggs"
    • Imoen "Just like old times. Well, except for the torture and all"
    • Cernd "A bird in hand gathers no moss... or some such"
    • Yoshimo's "Hiiiiii yah! Heh, the tourists love that stuff" (a personal fave)

5. Kyrie Gems: 2/31

Ohhhh, I see. Thanks again.

Mr. Saint.

(10 cents now)

6. Ishmael Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Help me, Saint.... Dawg!

For some reason, characters that I create have no access to sound files. All of the NPCs have their full sets at their disposal, but when creating or customizing characters, there are no sound sets available. what files need to be where?

7. CamDawg

Dump all the wav files in the sounds folder, and named in the scheme above. Are they all wav files?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.