1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The most powerful creature ever (minor spoiler)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Seid, Aug 2, 2001.

1. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

i hate draconis the most......i truly hate that dragon

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I found something to work on drac, get him to "injured" and cast 2 bolt of glory on him, he wont have time to cast heal cuz those should do around 20-50 damage each.

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

that floating skull demi-lich in watchers keep level 4 (lum the mad's machine) in the githyanki compound - before i know it, half my party has been imprisoned by that cheap bastard

4. Immoral Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

BG - Ogre-Mage :D

SoA - Twisted Rune (not so much a person as a group)

ToB - Draconis (Never died, but ran from this battle twice. Finally had to cheese him with traps set at the edge of the battlefield with my solo F/T)

---------
    -Immoral

5. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The only creatures I've attacked and not defeated are Tethtoril and Gatewarden in BG1.
    They must be invulnerable or something. Actually killed Gorion...Got 4000 exp and couldn't get out of Candlekeep. Not really worth the trade. And thos kobold commandos are really annoying, killed 33 with one fireball.
    I think the Demiliches are the nastiest creatures in BG2. Had to face two once because of some bug...

6. Dragoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I was totally wrong - Draconis isn't the toughest creature. Right now I'm going thru BG2 again and I'm trying to check out various possibilities. I was lately in the Drow city and wanted to know what happens if you let Phaere give Demon the real eggs. My fighters were 15lvl at that time and others around 14-16. The Demon attacked me and I couldn't even scratch the bastard, even though I had +4 weapons. The demon on the other hand had no problem killing me in a few blows. Had to resign.

I don't know what this fight would look like should I do all the quests in Athkatla and other places before setting off for spellhold but having no one to wield Carsomyr and the only +5 weapon I have is Staff of the Magi I don't think the result would differ.

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Did you try to defeat the demon through magical means too? Like casting Lower Resistance and Sunray or Bolt of Glory, etc. And summoning.

8. Dragoon Gems: 3/31

This is my weak point actually. I don't use magic much even though it can be of REAL help. Fighters do most of the job in my team. Anyway I don't recall my mages having that spell alrady. I'll just have to do some testing. The point is however that this 'guy' surprised me. A LOT.

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

You need a +5 weapon to hit that one, and Bolt of Glory is excellent against it as well. I can't quite remember how hitpoints it has, but I think it's around 50

As for thoughest enemy, I say Demogorgon (with the improved AI).

10. Dragoon Gems: 3/31

So I could beat him had I Crom Faeyr but I cannot get it w/o going thru Underdark first. This leaves Staff of the Magi and Tenser's transormation, but my mage is just so weak.

Anyway Draconis caught me off guard and I defeated him (though after a long and exhausting battle) and this Demon chopped me to tiny bits.

11. Caliban Gems: 3/31

For hardest fights... myself I had a hard time with Kangaxx 2, and the whole Melissan fight. The Slayer thing of the last pocket plane fight was difficult as well.

Caliban

12. dragon903 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Kangaxx 2!
    where is kangaxx 2
    tellllllllllllll meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

13. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Haha, sorry I can't help but laugh, to hard to type...ok...he means Demi-Lich Kangaax that's all, there is no Kangaax 2 in ToB...lol.

14. Creslyn Gems: 3/31

While I realise this isnt quite what the topic had in mind, probably one of the worst surprises I encountered in bg2 was the first time I played the game and went through the dungeon portal. After being told that there were "annoying little creatures" I assumed there would be a few mephits coming out of one portal, like the first mephit portal just after getting released. Rushing straight in with the intention of shutting it off as quickly as possible, I got a nasty surprise when my tanks were blinded, my mage burning, and half the others put to sleep. Not the hardest creatures (mephits) sure, but still a nasty little surprise to face right at the start.

15. ikzelion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The toughest creature I’ve ever seen is a dwarf fighter.

My dwarf can kill the dragons and just about everyone else almost single handedly, with just a few preparatory spells.

I have three clerics in the party: one a dwarf fighter/cleric, one a human dual classed magic-user/cleric, and the last an edged weapon wielding dual classed cleric/thief. I have them all memorize regeneration, a total of five regeneration spells. Then I cast them all on my dwarf dual wielding Crom Feyr and the Runehammer while under the effects of hardiness and magic resistance. While fighting I keep using his greater whirlwind and critical hit abilities. He’s beefed up with all the best equipment of course, plus with grandmaster specialization in warhammers and three stars next to dual wielding. I like watching the equipment screen while fighting dragons to just see his hit points rack right back up after the dragon bites a chunk out of him.

Now and then he needs some help like with Merileths and demi-liches, but for the most part he is one bad dude.

16. Caine Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

i'd have to say my c i decided to have fun once and had all my npc attack me i slautered them evem though they took draconis without me

17. ikzelion Gems: 1/31

Well I said a dwarf fighter but I have to take that back. There are many more powerful than he, some of whom have been mentioned here.

However, a couple even more powerful dudes in order of greatest power who haven't been mentioned but who may still fall under the technical semantically accurate purview of the question are:

Helm and Elminster, respectively.

18. Jon Irenicus Gems: 1/31

MIND FLAYERS! these guys are practically the most deadly group monsters in the game (unless you have Psion Blade).

BEHOLDERS: well, yeah, these guys can be deadly sometimes, but if you have Cloak of Mirroring then you can walk into the room full of Behos and just stand idle, watching the Beholders fry by their own spells!

DRAGONS: naa. With good tactics, you can kill any dragon with ease. Just remember to prepare your party very well before the battle.

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mind Flayers? Naw, all you need is Chaotic Commands and a good AC and they're no problem at all...

20. Dragoon Gems: 3/31

Is there anything that protects against Flayer's eating minds - it's really annoying when your main char is a fighter.

BTW my tactics was to send a Mordenaiken sword, let them attack it and then kill them while they keep on attacking the sword effortlessly.

Also non-detection spell helped.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.