1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The most powerful creature ever (minor spoiler)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Seid, Aug 2, 2001.

1. avaray Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i think it's the final test at the pocket plane.
    this "giant slayer" apparently can only be hurt by +5 weapons and up (even a +6 carsomyr would only take 5-6 damage from it), and this beastie also has abundant hp.
    not to mention those bone blades (which keep coming every one minute), which are really pains in the ass, since it keeps disrupting your mage-casting activities, as well slashing your skin.

2. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

About that Giant Slayer, I killed the bastard but with his last breath he managed to charm Sarevok which was wielding Silver Sword, he attacked my main guy (I'm like oh sh*t) I have keldorn instantly cast dispel magic but I swear like a sec before it reached Sarevok he was able to land a hit on my main guy which is a MONK! (saving throw vs death a godly 1) But he somehow failed the save and died. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!

I reloaded and killed him with ease.

The hardest fights for me in whiched invold multiple reloads (in order of easiest the hardest) were:

Demogorgon
    Draconis
    Melissan (being the hardest)

Damn I swear the second round with her is the hardest cause she knocks all your guys out then casts time stop, summons some creatures, kills a member of the party, castes Sunray like crazy. After that round it got easy.

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Melissan was the hardest for me, well she's the only one who had me worried there for a moment. But once I got the swing of things she wasn't impossible just tough. And boy is she tough. Yeah that second time with her is a really pain. If you are any where near her when she casts Time Stop she won't cast spells during the it, no instead she beats the crap out of whoever is near her. My main character with over 100 hit points, fully-healed was killed by Melissan during a Time Stop and not with spells either. I was like :o!?!? Well at least now the end baddie is the toughest in the game. Demogorgon, Draconis, and Abizgal may be hard but you don't have to fight them what how many times was it (I lost count)? And another thing was anyone able to rest in between those end-game fights, I wasn't able to. Another thing that made her difficult.

4. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The wizard outside Friendly arm inn... I couldnt beat him. I used 2 hours to find the right strategy.

5. shadow_thief Guest

Really?! He was a sinch! Melissan, she was tough. The first time I tried it, she killed my cleric, then my ranger, then my mage, then my thief, then my monk and then finally she killed my main char. who had only 10 hp left!

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Tasohan,
    If that wizard gave you that much trouble than take this advice if you ever fight him again...Imoen, hide in shadows and backstab :D That mage does not have that many hp. And you can find a shortsword on some xvart or kobold on your way there. But if you want to talk more about BG1 don't forget it has its own forum.

7. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] i think Chinchilla of the woodland Bhallspawn was the hardest ^_~. Seriuosly draconis was my toughest fight yet

8. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

With me, sarevok, jaheira, and mazzy armed to the teeth everything was pretty easy. Plus the elemental princes get some credit.

Did anyone find Abazigal in kensai form to be harder than in dragon form?

The only creatures i find annoying are ones with blue fireshields around them such as the ice elemental prince.

I found the kobold commandos under the firewine bridge in bg 1 to be the hardest creatures i ever fought at the time. From an arrow count i killed around 600 of those little runts.

[This message has been edited by Tyresian (edited August 05, 2001).]

9. Dragoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

For me Draconis is definitely the toughest guy in this game. That's mainly because when I approached him I didn't know he would shapeshift later. Should've guessed from his name but I didn't and it was a real tough battle as this was the first Dragon I fought without earlier preparing for the fight.

10. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000208.html

the above link will bring you to a thread i started about killing Demogorgon...

and on that matter.. i think i found the whole Melissan thingy difficult coz you couldnt rest between battles so you gotta be careful not to get drained, level or energy..

11. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Just to mention it Big B this topic was originally called "the most powerful creature ever" And my final strategy were to backstab him.

[This message has been edited by Tasohan (edited August 05, 2001).]

12. Seid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

What would be a great idea for an ultimate monster if someone was to make BG3?

13. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] i think it would be awsome to see some more avatars, and their should be alotof them if theirs a Bg3 (and the manual says their probobly wont be)

14. Acemandoo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Ahem, dodgy as this may sound, the hardest creature i ever faced was that guy on bg1, ummm whats his name, greywolf, at level 1 he sure packs a punch. I eventually had to kill him with...xzar, as everyone else had run away. Since then xzar was my new protagonist, leading every battle and losing every time...Tought me a lesson!

15. shadow_thief Guest

Ace, let me reshresh you're mind:

THIS IS THE BG2 FORUM.

I'm sure there is a topic just like this in the BG forum.

16. Adien Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I don't see why every one thinks demogorgon is so powerful. I beat him in one try. just use most of your party to keep the summoned monsters off oyur back. while my character ( a monk) kill demogorgon in three hits.

17. shadow_thief Guest

Key word there, Adien, *monk*. They are extremely powerful when they are a high level. I don't know if you did WK first or after the other baalspawn quests, but monks are still powerful even at a low level. I have not recorded how much hit points Demogorgon is, but it's probably a lot. Afterall, he *is* the Prince of Demons.

18. Horvath Gems: 1/31

I have beaten all the big monsters in ToB in one time, honestly, I never had to reload, so I would say that guy in front of the friendly arms inn was the toughest for, took me at least 15 tries before he was dead :o

19. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] About the mage in front of the friendly Arm, all you need to do is lead him into a group of guards and make sure your shooting at him from a distance with arrows. After his images are gone he falls in like 2 hits. Now take this issue somewhere else.

20. PaladinAfficionado Gems: 1/31

Well, if we knew the number of "average tears & tries before that specific monster got snuffed", Kangaxx the Demi-lich would surely be safe on top of the resulting list...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.