1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Favorite Rings

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Kitrax, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

2. Day to Night Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

it gives you addiotional lvl 12345678 spells
    ps on does from 1 to 4 the other does from 5 to 8 not both do the same

3. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sounds nice, where do I get them?

4. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You need to do the mage stronghold. The one for 1,2,3 and 4 is lost by the mage (don't remember his name) at the end when he dies, the other you get when you do one of the quests in the stronghold.

5. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

You can get the ring of wizardry (5678 spells) when you do Jaheira's sub quest at the harpers HQ or you can also get one in the planar sphere when your doing the mage stronghold (Its one of the Items your apprentices makes for you)

6. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

:yot: which lich is kangaxx...is he the one in the sewers???

7. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The one in the Docks next to the Mae Var guildhouse. You have to collect the gold body parts from the liches in the sewers and in the bridge district house.

8. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

o him, god hes a pain in the ass

9. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

ring of wizardry "only" gives 678 and no 5

10. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Both rings of wizardry on Edwin, plus his amulet---- Ye Gods! Does he ever run out of spells?

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thats another thing, abit :yot: but does anyone know what abilities Edwins amulet gives? If any?

The item description doesnt let on :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

12. Day to Night Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I think it gives him an extra spell per level :)

13. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Actually it gives him two more spells per level. That's 3 more spells he has a level-Amulet and Conjurer Class. I opened up the file itself and had a look.

14. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Ring of Gaxx :cool: it rocks man is for me one of the best items in BG2.
    Second ring of danger sense it is very handy you put it on your thief and no need for potions or anything. :D
    And third ring of regeneration it usefull since one can get it from the early stages of the game and it always help a few extra healing help :D

15. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Deathmage is right, I've checked with Near Infinity. Since he is a conjurer, he gets One Extra spell slot per spell level. His amulet increases this by Two Extra. In effect, he has 3 extra slots per spell level.

By the start of ToB (after taking him through SoA), he had something like 9 level 1 Spell slots, 9 Level 2 slots, and 8 level 3 slots :D

Combined with a few spell sequencers, Robe of Vecna, etc etc, he managed to pull out 6 Fireballs and Summon 3 Greater Elementals in one Time Stop :D

And no, he doesn't ever run out of spells :)

I'd just like to add, these rings of Wizardry are lethal when worn on Sorcerers. Sorcerers can cast lots of spells per day, but not a great selection of spells. With these rings they can cast more spells per day (which is a Good Thing :) ).

16. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I like the Ring of Free action(Nothing's like seeing those Holds fall off), and the Ring of Earth Control...

IMO my self-created ring for my PC is the best one ;)
    Immunity to Backstab and Maze :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.