1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I've lost Boo - spoiler?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Niobe, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niobe Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm in the elven city at the moment, and kept getting killed fighting the dragon guarding the cup. So I dropped everything I could on the ground and told the dragon he could have everything I owned in return for the cup. So he took all my gold and the only item I was still carrying - BOO! Minsc hasn't said anything yet, so I don't know if he even realises, but he's lost his best friend! At least he has an extra quick item slot? Poor Boo now has to live with a big scary dragon for the rest of his little hamster life..... which probably won't be very long.

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] LOL!

I guess BioWare weren't expecting anyone to take that option. Ah well, I guess Minsc will be distraught, but I'm sure he'll get over it. If Minsc gets really upset, you can always create a new Boo from the console for him *g*.

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

First: *Falls off chair laughing so hard my stumach hurts*

Secondly: Oh no! Boo in the hands of a vile dragon?!? Quickly. Justice Friends assemble! ;)

Finally found a way to have Minsc have three quickslots ;)

4. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I don't think you realize that Boo is the one doing all the fighting for Minsc. When Minsc goes berserk, it's because Boo's rabis has relapsed and Minsc can't control him. You can't imagine how much damage a frothing at the mouth, rabid, completely out of control, and ultimately insane hamster can do. Be careful.... the dragon will be dead in moments or give the dragon a manicure

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This behaviour must NOT continue! See the burning stare of my hamster...!

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] LOL! Niobe, check Minsc's special abilities... Does he still have his berserker rage? Because that effect was pinned on Boo, and with him gone, I suspect that's gone as well.

7. Niobe Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Taluntain, I just checked Minsc, and he still has his berserker ability (although I don't know if that's a good thing, because I never use it - he just goes Beserk and starts attacking everyone, (including my party), if Aerie dies. I've made it to hell, and Minsc keeps making comments about 'you and boo and I, hamsters and rangers everywhere' etc so I still don't think he realises that Boo has run off with a dragon! Then again, his intelligence IS only 8.....
    Maybe Boo has left a little piece of his soul with Minsc? (Wouldn't that be sweet)
    I can only hope that Garret Jax is right, and Boo was able to escape with his little hamster life.

8. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Maybe there should have been a back-up *epilogue* for Minsc under just this circumstance. Instead of telling the story of how he and Boo returned to Rashemen maybe it would go something like:

"With the saga of the Bhaalspawn closed, Minsc fulfilled a long promised oath. He returned to Rashemen, hoping to regate the Icedragon Berserker Lodge with the tales of his deeds, and earn a place within its hallowed halls. Though everyone had heard tell of his exploits long before his return, on asking him to bring Boo out for all to see, he was laughed out of the Lodge when a perceptive patron pointed out that he was not holding a hamster, but a bundle of cotton wool and lint picked out from his backpack. Remembering the last time he had heard Boos comforting squeaks to have been at Sulluneselar, Minsc returned there with all haste, to find a black Dragon still presiding in a clearing to the North-West of the city.
    No sooner had he set foot in the clearing when he spied his long-lost comrade in arms and hamster friend, Boo, perched on the shoulder of the Dragon he had run from so many years before during his adventures with the Child of Bhaal.
    The Dragon refused to return Boo when asked nicely, and drove Minsc into a berserker fury the kind has never before been witnessed anywhere in Faerun. He single-handedly killed the black Dragon with nothing but a golden rib-bone he had picked up from Athkatlas docks district and some saw dust. Standing triumphantly over the Dragon's corpse, he called for Boo, and out he came, looking not a day older than when they were parted. Minsc promised never to leave Boo again, and over the years lavished him with the finest Hamster wheels, saw dust and lettuce leaves. The two would never again be seperated, and some say they are together still, up amongst the stars where hamsters are giants and men become legends."

9. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] LOL. kingsgambit, nice writing.

10. jesper898 Guest

nice stuff kingsgambit:D

11. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Good writing. That's what I call Imagination not wasted!

12. mannedoc Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

LOL, I’m still laughing. Can’t imagine a Minc with out Boo. Bring him back using the console, or Minsc will feel lonely… hehehe.

13. Niobe Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanks kingsgambit, I love your ending!
    But maybe I will have to figure out how to cheat and bring Boo back... Minsc just hasn't been the same!

14. Gladiator Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well, you could bring back Boo with Shadowkeeper. That is very easy.
    Has Minsc said anything yet? Cause if he havent, I doubt that he will ever notice.

15. Niobe Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Taluntain, I think you are right - Minsc doesn't go beserk anymore! Aerie has died a few times, and Minsc does nothing! When I use his beserk ability, it says he is in beserk mode, but he doesn't do anything. He's lost all his passion since he lost Boo. I've tried to bring Boo back, but when I used the CreateCreature cheat, he just appeared on the floor.... can you help?

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I feared this would happen.

You're going about fixing it the wrong way however. Boo was in Minsc's inventory as an item. You need to create it as an item from the console, with the CreateItem code. The code for Boo is MISC84. Then place Boo in Minsc's first quick slot.

It should work. (Try resting once before you use his Berserk ability after you attach Boo again.)

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The programmers in Bioware are probably laughing their lungs out...

Ara
    (Life is sick. So am I)

18. Merlinster Gems: 1/31

Good work Kingsgambit!! ;)

19. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Maybe think of buying Minsc a new hamster. Or perhaps a ferret?

20. mannedoc Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Or at least a frog, or a dog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.