1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Do You Think of the Thief/Mage?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Bastet, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Bastet Guest

2. Xenomorph Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Surely your question is "what" do you think of thief/mage?
    Anyway I think it's two class that go very well together.

3. Bastet Guest

opps sorry thanks for finding that out for me:alien:

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    My fav variant of the mage-thief is the mc gnomish illusionist-thief. Sure, some necromantic spells are quite handy, anyway, the higher number of spells compensates for that.

My favourite spells here were ghost armor, mislead, improved invisibility, non detection and of course, though not spell, the ability to use wands.

The min advantage is the opportunity to gather xp by learning spells and using the open locks/ disarm traps skills. Mage-thiefs are very powerful and extremely versatile.

5. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

FMT, jack of all trades.
    Exceeds the Mage/Thief in my opinion... oh well, actually it depends on alot of factors
    Never mind.

Swashbuckler/Mage, like Saemon Havarian, hehe. Awesome dual classed character.

6. Bastet Guest

[​IMG] um...can we please stick to the supject

7. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Uhm, to my knowledge a swashbuckler is still a thief... And a Swashbuckler/Mage is still a Thief/Mage... so erm, whats about that about not sticking to the topic?

8. strange_machine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Thief/Mage the most handy dual or multiclass. Why? well, those two classes are imperative to any party. A thief is required for a dungeon crawl! Sure, some people argue that you may not need a thief in a dungeon because of spells like find traps, and knock! Bullcrappy, a thief make easier and quick handy work of traps+locks. Who wants to waste a spellslot on that. As for a mage! well, you basically need one to kill all big baddies. So, that's my census. However, i prefer true classes alltheway!

9. Bastet Guest

ok how exactly do you get rid of a post you dont want any more?

[Which ones? You can't delete your own posts, but you can edit them blank and leave a not for the mods to delete them. But obviously this isn't something you'd want to do with your initial post in the topic for example.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited April 01, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.