1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bodhi more powerfull than Kangaxx?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Thorr, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Thorr Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I my caracter information screen, the most powerfull monster killed is Bodhi (I play solo and I did almost all quest, including Kangaxx and Shangalar&co). It's somehow weird, because there are lots of reasons that Kangaxx is better: require +4 weapons to hit (+3 Bodhi, I think), is immune to lots of spells, he is a powerfull spellcaster. Against a caracter with Amulet of Power, Bodhi doesn't matter.
    What do you think?

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I had less problems with Bodhi. She isn't to powerfull and I can kill her a regular way, for Kangaxx I really need the protection-from-magic scroll.

3. garathorn Gems: 5/31

i cant even kill kengaxx (dont laugh to hard) i get him near death and and he wont die but i fight bodhi i poisin the blood do day blast on her she is dead instently

4. Silverblade Guest

The most powerfull creature you killed depends not on how hard it was to kill it but how many exp you get. Kangaxx is around 50,000 exp points IIRC and Bodhi is 91.000

And to Garathorn: there are much usefull tactics on how to kill Kangaxx, I advice you use the search option and try some of them.

5. garathorn Gems: 5/31

i would try some new tactics but im stuck in hell and irenicuses mines are to boaring

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Silverblade ---> that's nonsense, XP says nothing about who's the toughest enemy. How tough a fight is depends also on what tactics you use, if you play with fighters or with sorcerers..... etc.

7. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

i think SilverBlade was referring to the Information part under a Characters info... where you can see how many kills he has made, how much XP he has contributed to the party.... that place also shows the most powerful creature you have slained

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

There is the creature that has the highest XP but that don't say anything about hard the fight was. It also depends on at what level you encountered the enemy etc.

Kangaxx is definetly more powerful. Bodhi is a piece of cake... imho

Another question: WHat is the hardest party you had ever to deal with?

I say the one in the Temple Sewers.

9. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Drizzt's party, probably. He *alone* could whack the folks in the sewers.

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I never tried fighting that party, why should I?

11. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Fighting Drizzt's party, excellent! let Drizzt check your party's hardship! :)

12. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I think Shangalar and friend are the hardest.

13. garathorn Gems: 5/31

i actualy found my battle with irenicus in hell easyer than the red dragon i had to restart 5 times and i lost 3 people with the red dragon i lost no one and hardly took damage with irenicus and i only needed to restart once with iren

14. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    bodhi is only worth more experience because she gives u quest experience as part of the story instead of a side quest

15. garathorn Gems: 5/31

thats a good point Shoshino

16. Silverblade Guest

Sorry Headbanger I did mean the info in the character screen, I probably should have said it in a different way. But I agree with you, I had Bodhi down in no time and had to put some more effort in killing Kangaxx, so it is a little strange that Bodhi is my most powerfull kill, according to the character screen.

17. Rangstrom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

For some reason I have trouble with the cowled mage Tolgarus(sp?) in the planar sphere. I dislike running and waiting for the protection spells to wear off and I don't do scrolls.

18. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

19. Thorr Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Some very powerfull parties, especially for a solo mage/thief like me, were the demon knights from Kua-Tuan dungeon from Underdark, the demons from the Planar Sphere quest and Irenicus as Slayer, after I finished the spells. The last one regenerates too quickly for me to do enough damage to him.
    Shangalar and his minions were piece of cake, if you take them one by one; party from the sewers were a group of pathetic mobile targets, without mages (Oh, I love backstab). The same thing was in the Guarded Compound: Skull Trap against mages=no mages and then backstab again and again.
    I think there are lots of enemy who are individually a lot stronger than Bodhi. Tolgerias, Sarewolk, the dragons, liches, there are only some I could think now.
    IMHO, the vampires are very weak against someone who has imunity to level drain (Amulet of Power...).

It seems that the topic become "who is the most powerfull enemy in the game", and here I think Kangaxx demi-lich is NO 1.

20. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

If you have a good cleric then Bodhi is a piece of cake (with False Dawn, Sunray, and Bolt of Glory). The problem is, that the game usually takes away your cleric just before the confrontation with Bodhi. Why? Because your cleric is usually your romance (Aerie = cleric/mage, Jaheira = fighter/druid, Viconia = cleric, Anomen = fighter/cleric. The ONLY clerics in the game, if you are not one yourself.) Did they make it that way purposefully, to make your fight with Bodhi a bit harder?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.