1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just a Question on Mod Installation

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by LeslieShrum, Oct 16, 2006.

1. LeslieShrum Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Are there Any resources for the order in which you are supposed to install Mods? I have several that I would like to enjoy for BGII: ToB, but I seem to be having conflicts. I have done research and as far as I can tell the ones I want to install are all compatible. However I think the order I am installing them may be causing problems. I have downloaded and installed the Official ToB Patch and the Game is a Full install all across the board. I have downloaded the latest versions of the following Mods From these websites; Sorcerers Place, Gibberlings Three, Wesley's site, the Pocket Plane Group, and http://www.onlinefiction.net/Redemption/Redemption.html for Redemption Mod.

The list of Mods that I would like to Install (Although it may be a bit industrious) are:

Ashes of Embers
    Unfinished Business
    Quest Pack
    G3 Anniversarry Mod
    G3 Fixpack
    G3 Tweak Pack
    Item Upgrade Mod and Subsequent Audio update mod
    Dungeon Be Gone
    Flirt Pack
    Banter Pack
    aVENGER'S Rogue Mod
    The Xan Romance from PPG
    The Kelsey Romance, SoA and ToB
    Getting Rid of Anomen
    Non-playable NPC Portrait-mod by Parvini
    Ascension
    Redemption
    Tunabout
    Underrepresented Items Mod

I cannot get them all to install right all the time, sometimes one set works, and the other set don't, so I try doing things differently and get completely different results. The one time I got all of them to install without error, the game would crash on loading (using Dungeon Be Gone) when Jasper took my party to the exit.

What do I do? or Not do as the case may be. Is there a compatability issue? Operator error maybe??? I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks so Much!

Leslie

[ October 17, 2006, 00:02: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Gorilym Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This is generally considered to be a good (if basic) order for installing mods:

I. Non-Weidu mod (maximum of 1) always first.
    II. NPC mods
    III. Banter/flirt packs
    IV. Quest / Kit mods
    V. Tweak mods
    VI. Divine Remix / Virtue

IIRC there may be compatibility issues between Turnabout and Redemption, but I haven't tried them together myself.

3. Gastong Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

4. LeslieShrum Gems: 2/31

I am assuming you mean the fixpack for ToB...
    Is that all I need, or do I also install everything else?

Uh... I probably should have worded that different:

I install the Baldurdash fixpack and then install the previously listed mods in the previously mentioned general order?

[ October 16, 2006, 23:12: Message edited by: LeslieShrum ]

5. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

To my knowledge, you have to install Baldurdash/Fixpack after the first step ("I. Non-Weidu mod (maximum of 1) always first.") Fixpack has much more stuff than BD (you've probably read about it already), though it's only beta and many fixes are under review/discussion at the moment.

6. LeslieShrum Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] OK
    I think what I may do is not install the G3 Fixpack, and instead install the Baldurdash fixpack. I think the 'beta' fixes may be some of my issue. Or at least it seems to be the common thread for my problems. I am also interested in the Improved Anvil Mod... Also, I don't think that any of the mods are in non-Weidu format...

So
    Full Install of SoA & ToB
    Official ToB Patch

(BY THE WAY: Is there a place to download the official patch with a relatively fast download speed? The link on Sorcerers Place is painfully slow!)

Baldurdash fixpack
    The Xan Romance from PPG
    The Kelsey Romance, SoA and ToB
    Getting Rid of Anomen
    Flirt Pack
    Banter Pack
    G3Anni... Mod
    Ashes of Embers
    Improved Anvil??????
    Unfinished Business
    Quest Pack
    Ascension
    Redemption
    Underrepresented Items Mod
    Dungeon Be Gone
    aVENGER'S Rogue Mod
    Non-playable NPC Portrait-mod by Parvini
    G3 Tweak Pack

Does that Sound About Right?

7. Baronius

This is ten times faster for me, but as we have been unable to solve our technical difficulties yet, I can't guarantee it: http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/patches.php

The install order looks okay except certain things regarding Improved Anvil. I'm sure the author, Sikret, will reply in this thread soon; until then, this is what I can tell:

1. Improved Anvil should be installed as the last on that list, I think.

2. You've chosen several mods to be installed which have incompatible components with IA (but the whole mods themselves are not incompatible). Quoting the author:
    Let's wait for Sikret to confirm this and to correct me where needed.

8. LeslieShrum Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Sure thing! I have plenty of time... especially right now, both kids are quiet. I swear, if it weren't for the PC I would have nothing to do during nap time.
    By the way... thanks for the link on the patch. Much FASTER!

9. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

10. LeslieShrum Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Thank you so much everyone! I now have a working order to go off of that should work. I can't wait!

Thank you to all!

Be Well

Leslie

11. Baronius

Glad we could help! If you have any problems, we'll be here.

12. LeslieShrum Gems: 2/31

Ok ladies and gentlemen!

I have successfully installed everything! Thank you for all of your input, otherwise I may have never gotten it all set up right. Now all that is left is to play and enjoy. I can't wait to enjoy all the new features! From what I have heard it sounds like it is going to be pretty good. With all the combinations of Mods for this game, I may never have to buy another game for at least a couple of years. The final Role Call for installation is as follows:

Full install of SoA and ToB
    The Official Patch install
    Baldurdash fixpack
    PPG's Xan Romance
    Kelsey for SoA and ToB
    Getting Rid of Anomen
    Flirt Packs
    Banter Packs
    G3 Anniverssary Mod
    Ashes of Embers
    Unfinished Business
    -the Spider's Bane Quest
    Quest Pack Mod
    -General AI improvements
    -Creature and Area improvements
    -Misc. Enhancements
    -Iproved Oasis II
    -Further Slaver Involvement
    Ascension
    -Tougher Gromnir
    -Tougher Yaga-Shura
    Redemption
    aVENGER'S Rogue mods
    NPNPC Portraits Mod
    G3 Tweaks
    -Cast Spells From Scrolls ect. at character level (Got an error, but no biggie.)
    Sent in the debug file. Who knows, it may even be a fixable problem...
    Improved Anvil

Everything is going Smooth as honey now!

Thanks all! Take Care!!

13. Sikret Gems: 13/31

Wait!

You have misread Improved Anvil's readme file! You have installed exactly those components of Ascension, Quest Pack and Unfinished Business which you shouldn't.

14. -David_W- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I think "-[component x]" means "minus component x".

15. Sikret Gems: 13/31

Oh, if so, the installation is correct.

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I was going to say that, but...
    ...this makes it sound like she got an error when she installed that component. :bad:

Though since it says she sent in the debug file, someone ought to know what the real deal is.

EDIT:
    Whew. Well, that's a load off my mind. Thanks for the followup, Leslie. :)

[ October 17, 2006, 21:52: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

17. LeslieShrum Gems: 2/31

Sorry folks it was late when I wrote it...
    - means not installed....
    The error I got when I tried to install it
    didn't install it because of the error
    I sent in the debug file, but haven't heard back yet. So far... The game is running well

Thank you very much folks
    I really appreciate it

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.