1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Massive BG2 game

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Burndamage, Oct 1, 2006.

1. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Quest Pack includes bugfixed versions of the cream of the Iron Modder crop. You should probably use that instead.

(It incidentally really pains me that you found Mordan's Christmas Mod but not QP.)

2. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

I'm going to echo Decados and others in the thread: take a good look at the mods and only install what you think you'll realistically want and use. When you start adding extraneous mods, the odds increase exponentially that you're going to have a conflict and end up spending playing time as conflict resolution time instead. Reading readmes and checking forums wil go a long way to mitigate this, but there will always be new things to discover.

In addition to Cleric Remix being deprecated by Divine Remix, Ease of Use has also been deprecated by BG2 Tweaks.

3. Burndamage Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

SimDing0 could you expand your explanation on Quest Pack – that would be very helpful.

Any information on mods that cut down the amount to install is great.

(Apologises if I have missed a favourite mods – give me a link and I will look at QP).

Camdawg – thanks for the advice, tonight I am going through the readme’s and looking at some forums to find out compatibility issues. With this in mind, I am still asking for people’s own experiences with mods.

I will try and get back to the forum mid-week but due to the amount of information I am going through and other commitments it maybe the weekend before I post again.

Don’t let this stop you posting since I will take on board all advice and post replies or ask for help..

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...I'm not Sim, but here's some features taken directly from the Quest Pack mod's readme file:

• General AI Improvements & Expanded Vocabulary. (About 7 changes here)
    • Creature & Area Improvements. (About 13 different changes made here)
    • Miscellaneous Enhancements. (About 17 changes here)
    • Additional Shadow Thieves Content. (About 4 changes here)
    • Ok, you know what? This mod has so many features (a total of 20 if I counted correctly) that's it's becoming a pain in the butt to list them and the number of changes each feature brings to the game. :p So why don't you view the mods read me file yourself!?! It's located online at: http://mods.pocketplane.net/d0questpack_v2readme.htm
    Geeze. Sometimes I don't know why I bother. :p :rolling:

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^You could just copy&paste the list, pal! :p

Anyway, Quest pack is one of my new favourtie mods, it has been a favourite in the past, but the new version is soo much better, and more rich, and more filling. Definitely have it, but I must warn you:some components may be uncompatible (mosnter enchantments, Bodhi&Irenicus enchantments may conflict with Tactics, for instance) so I do not have all components installed:for I have a lot of other mods!

Please note that this is not an official advice, though, maybe we should ask CamDawg about it. (my bad I hadn't asked before) What say you CamDawg?

6. CamDawg

What, for mod recommendations? I haven't been able to play BG2, save testing, for at least a year. :( My standard load-out (i.e. almost always play with these installed) nowadays is generally Fixpack, BG2 Tweaks, Ding0 Tweaks, Divine Remix, One Pixel Productions, Banter Packs, Flirt Packs, Unfinished Business, Oversight, Quest Pack, Song & Silence, Improved Horns and the occasional Ashes of Embers . Some mods that I've wanted to try but haven't include cirerrek's scripts (like eSeries and gMinion), Refinements, Virtue, and Sword and Fist. I'm not big on NPC or Item/Store mods. For the former I simply don't have any interest and for the latter there simply hasn't been any good, balanced ones released IMO save three: Ashes of Embers, Song & Silence, and the Exotic Items (BGT/Tutu only) of BG2 Tweaks. I think Ding0 and icelus put together pretty good lists of recommendations in this PPG thread and I happen to think they're both pretty good judges of mods, though the list is certainly dated.

As for the big mods like BP and its ilk, these always seem to fall under love/hate for most players. I've played TDD, TS, and DSotSC and been completely unimpressed by all of them. The content was subpar and they were all tremendously buggy. They've since been considerably modernized and bugfixed, but AFAICT the content remains unchanged which is my biggest objection.

As for ways to avoid conflicts, I think the best advice is what I've already said--only install what you want, check readmes, and visit the forums. Also, if you have issues, suggestions, or questions (both before installation and while playing) please contact the authors! Most authors love feedback as it gives them a way to improve their mod or reduce conflicts with other mods. Personally I love a good critic over 100 'U R TEH GRAET!!!' comments on my mods, as the former is going to help my mods improve dramatically and the latter is going to make me lazy and complacent.

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Uh I was actually referring to Quest pack's uncompatibility issue with the Tactics in regards of Improved Bosses. (Bodhi, Irenicus etc.) I skipped those parts of the QP as I already had Tactics and the like. Did I do the right thing, or did I miss the whole fun? :confused:

8. CamDawg

Oh, heh. Ding0 will have to address that--I'm not familiar with Tactics whatsoever.

9. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

BTW, I have several G3 (Kivan, Cleric Remix, Restoration, Tactics, and EoU) mods and have recently downloaded some other stuff: Kelsey, Tashia, NPC Kits and Underrepresented Weapons. Do you know if any of these could cause a clash with any other?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.