1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Funniest NPC

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Arek, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Arek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

That is why I use SK to turn the NPCs into more usable characters, so that I can try to get all the interNPC interactions.

2. Serora Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Edwin made me crack up the first time I met him!

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Funniest character?

Individually, probably Minsc.

But the vast majority of absolutely hilarious lines come from the interaction between Minsc/Viconia/Edwin/Edwinia/Jaheria. The programmers really went all out on NPC interactions. Some of them will make you laugh for a matter of hours. I can't think of any other games where NPC interactions even come close to the level of BG2; although, BG1 is probably the first runner up.

4. Demonater351 Guest

It's not really an NPC, but I like the stuff that the sword Lilarcor has to say like:
    "And this one's for grandma, who said I'd never amount to anything more than a butterknife!"
    "What's my status? Well, since when did you care about me unless I'm impaled in somebody's guts? Oh, alright..."
    "Advice eh? Well, besides working on your swordmanship, ya know, besides that, I'd hafta think...Kill somebody rich, then take their money, then kill somebody richer, and take their money too. Hack and slash your way to fortune, WHOO-HOO!"
    "Oooh, throw a coin in THAT fountain!"

5. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] MINSC :grin:

"Jump on my sword while you can, evil... I won't be as gentle!" :lol:

6. Demonater351 Guest

Here's a trick for those people easily amused:

Create a new character to start a new game. When it comes time to name him, instead of naming him some neat warriorly type name, give him a funny sounding name, preferably something abusive like Donkeyd*ck, or something weird like THE MAN.

When the NPC's address your character by name, it'll come out sounding something like this:
    "Shar, my deliverence is in your hands. Wait, I recognize you! Donkeyd*ck, it's me, Viconia deVir!"

For a while, I played a character named THE MAN, all the way up to Chapter 3. Every dialog screen that came up, I was rolling on the floor laughing.

7. Sarin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Only for those people very (!) easily amused, I suppose.

8. Demonater351 Guest

Well I am, so there! :p

9. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

try the tutorial in soa, and listen to xan talk for a while. He's a candy ass, but he cracks me up.

10. The Hierophant Druid Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

MINSC!!
    have you ever had minsc in a forest saying:
    ohh look squirrels,quick boo throw nuts
    its just funny sh*t
    xan is also cool because of his voice

11. Demonater351 Guest

Especially when he says stuff like:

"We're all doomed." (he sounds so emphatic!)

"Life is so hollow."

"Our quest is vain."

12. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I allways loved Edwin's comments.

Lilacor, although not an NPC, was also amusing.

Since no one has mentioned it I also liked Mazzy's comments to Valagar. Her calling him Squire and all.

Lastle, in TOB I enjoyed Saravok and Jan's interaction.

13. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Looks like 90% of the voters in this poll went with Minsc, and I must agree wholeheartedly in this case.
    "Minsc will lead with blade and boot...Boo will take care of the details".

But if Jan is half as funny as people say on this thread, I think it's time to say goodbye to moany Nalia and hello turnip salesman. :)

14. The funniest are:
    1.Minsc
    2.Jan Jansen.He cannot stop his mouth...very long speech he has.
    3.Edwin..just when he gets a dialogue with Minsc.
    4.BOO!!!......

15. HunterByNite Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

"Don't mean to startle you or anything but all these blood that's spurting all over the place is actually...mine."

LOL! I love that good gnome! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.