1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BoM mod

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by james smith, Dec 5, 2005.

1. james smith Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

how do you install this mod, dont know anything about the RaR file.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

3. james smith Gems: 4/31

thanks felinoid solved my problem

4. james smith Gems: 4/31

why doesnt the merchant show up, order of mods maybe

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] @ james smith:

When you say the merchant doesn't show up, do you mean Taluntain in his plane, or Bion south of the circus tent? :hmm:

Also, did you start a new game after installation?

6. james smith Gems: 4/31

Bion, their s. of the circus tent? I thought he was in the adventures mart. no I didnt start a new game.

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

If you've been to the Promenade before installing the BoM pack, you should probably restart the game, for override reasons.

8. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Bion showed up in my save game in the latest version. Always check your save game for him just in case restarting is unnecassary.

9. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    For some reason the Readme keeps having that same flaw where it says that Bion is at the rear end of AM (that is even though I've gotten the new v. of the readme from Magpie AND added a lot of other things tons of times :mad: ); I'm royaly screwing up with that one, apologize, and promise to correct it asap!

Bion will appear at 3000, 2000, just south of the circus tent in Waukeen's Promenade.

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

And Bion is smart enough to shout to attract possible adventurers, that's how I found him! :thumb:

11. james smith Gems: 4/31

thanks everyone, I found him

12. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Now for some feedback, please ;) .

13. Saber

I just DLed the pack, because this is my first night with my new computer in a looong time...

I'll give you an update once I get my party ready :)

14. james smith Gems: 4/31

love it, got some awesome weapons, will let you know my favorites as soon as possible

15. Saber

Wow, tons of sweet (and funny) weapons. I was dissapointed to not see the weapons I submitted (which would have made my assassin sweet), but I understand that you could only have so many, so you only took the best ones. But good stuff, and as soon as I can afford it, I'm buying it.

16. olimikrig

Media:
    Which weapons did you submit?

17. Saber

I submitted two swords for thieves, a ring, and a piece of armor, all based around thieves. I don't remember the names, except one was Tallon. I'll search on my computer, and I'll PM you.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

You asked for feedback. I'm pretty sure I d/l the new BoM pack from SP. The date on the .exe file was 12/4/05, hopefully that's Dec. 4 and not Apr. 12. :lol: Anyway, here is what I have for other mods and how I installed BoM:

ToB patch
    Baldurdash
    EoU
    Flirt Pack
    Banter Pack
    Tsujatha
    BoM

I extracted the BoM_Item_Pack.exe to my BG2 SoA folder, then clicked on it (the icon was the Bhaal skull, not that tiny Window thing) to install. I had leftover BoM files around, so when asked if I wanted to replace them with new ones, I said yes to all. A couple of the files were much larger than the old ones. It went okay and the readme popped up. I read it, too. ;)

I started a new game and quickly ran through Chateau Irenicus to get to the Promenade. I went south of the circus tent, near the snake cage and there was Bion, the imp. I clicked on him with my PC first (who wasn't in the top spot) and Bion's dialogue was: 3. Leave me be! Okay. I clicked on him with Jaheira, party leader. I got the imp portrait and no dialogue options. The talk window was blank, other than Bion's picture. I clicked around on it and surprisingly clicked on whatever gets you to Taluntain. Bion cast Dimension Door 3 times before it auto saved and we were in Taluntain's store.

Jaheira talked to Tal and there was a blank talk window like before. I clicked around and got the option to look at his stuff. And if this previous stuff wasn't weird enough, here's the item names and descriptions of the first 4:

Item 1) Boots (icon of Boots of Grounding)
    84,000 gold
    Name - I would offer to give you a tour of the library, but it is so nice and war
    Description - It seems as if the outside world has abandoned us, It is just myself and the old Priest here now, wandering amongst the dusty archives.

Item 2) Sword
    12,600 gold
    Name - I have better thing to do than chat with spirits. -I
    Description - I am Giltham, the temple archivist. I look after things around here - mostly maintaining the library and waking the old Priest for services. But I was not expecting visitors.

Item 3) Sword
    11,200 gold
    Name - blank
    Description - Ahh, a few things in life are as fine as the simple pleasure of a warm fire.

Item 4) Plate armor
    35,000 gold
    Name - Imprisioned One
    Description - blank

A few other items had names of the Helm Knights from WK or things from WK. The ioun stones had no names or description, nor did anything else after the first 6-7 items, iirc.

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Oh my, something is definitely wrong, I have:

Tactics
    Imp. Battles
    EoU
    Item Upgrade
    Underrepresented items
    Planar Sphere mod (it is so COOL!)
    Rogues-rebalancing
    Kelsey
    Valen
    Sola
    G3 tweak pack
    Unfinished Business
    Quest Pack
    Flirt pack
    Banter pack
    Ashes of Embers(some parts of it)
    Robe of Vecna tweak
    Exnem item mod
    GM fix
    Level 50 mod
    Song and Silence
    Divine remix
    Oversight
    Turnabout
    Ascension
    G3 anniversary mod
    BoM item pack
    BG1 casting sounds tweak

:eek: and many little tweaks or fixes I can't recall plus
    ToB patch, and my game is totally bug-free, I bought cool stuff from Taluntain with no trouble! And ıam glad to say that I did not encounter any bugs except one:My town-criers tell me the description of Case of Plenty but other than that I am bug-free!

Kuemper, you reaaaly need to uninstall those and re-install in correct order.

20. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

kuemper@ it's mod compabiity props i think, sure you didn't install weidu mods after non weidu
    be sure to get the install order right, ive had similar problems

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.