1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Solo Sorcerer (Empathic Manifestation)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Avelus Ev'gas, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Avelus Ev'gas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hey guys,

I have some sort of trouble here, how do i kill Empathic Manifestation, if i can't cast helaing spells because i'm a sorcerer, I know i could get someone with me and then kick them out again but i want to play sole all the way, so is there another solution?

2. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I searched a walkthrough a moment ago, and you're right - it needs a "little lovin' " because it feeds on hate.. The only solution that I can see, is that you take Anomen (AnnoyMen) or Jaheria with you and kill it with a healing spell.

You're soloing so you want to get the XP for killing it, so fire off the healing spell from a distance, right after you've cast it, pause the game and kick who ever joined your party out - and bingo, you will get the xp for killing it.

A little cheesy, but probably the only solution there is.

3. Avelus Ev'gas Gems: 1/31

AI - no there must be another solution

4. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

well.. you could change him with Shadowkeeper but I also know for a fact that you're totally against that ;)

5. Avelus Ev'gas Gems: 1/31

I still cant figure out why making a program like shadowkeeper ;)

6. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

Well.. so you can play class combinations that the game wouldn't normally allow or correct some wrong stats (not adding some as that would be cheating) - only for the real gamers out there.

but.. you could also hack your stats to say - 40 each - and give your character some uberitems from the game - and also get your kensai to wear bracers, armor, helmet, etc.

but thats :yot:

7. Avelus Ev'gas Gems: 1/31

just like you ;)

but I think i will let Anomen or Jaheria join up for a bit... but ONLY for a very short time ;)

8. Heerscher Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Maybe a silly suggestion, but can't you use your innate ability 'cure light wounds'? Or have you already lost that ability by that time?

9. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

I think that this innate ability to cure light wounds only applies to yourself and cant be used on others.

correct me if i'm wrong.

10. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The Cure Light wound ability you get when playing a PC of good alignment works as every other Cure Light Wounds in the game. But if I remember correctly you only get one and is that enough? The pore creature needs loots of love!

Not 100% though, correct me if I'm wrong.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have never tried this myself so I have no idea if it would work but maybe you could try using a wand of resurrection on it. It acts like a heal spell on living characters so I guess it is worth a shot.

12. Khemsa Gems: 7/31

You are incorrect. I solo all the time and always run a Sorcerer or a Mage/Thief and always use my innate CLW to get rid of the Empathic Manifestation. In fact using you innate CLW is even better than other healing spells because it is almost insta-cast.

13. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

If you exported your BG1 character, you only get Cure Light Wounds, Slow Poison and Draw Upon Holy Might as special abilities if you were :good: and your reputation was medium or good in BG1 when you had the dreams.

But if you played :evil: or your reputation was low when you had the dreams in BG1, you get Larloch's Minor Drain, Horror and Vampiric Touch instead.

Alternatively, if you created your character for BG2, that is, you didn't import it from BG1, there is also a chance that your two CLW are instead LMD if your alignment is chaotic anything or true neutral.

Both options would prevent you from curing the Manifestation using that special ability. You would be stuck if you want to play true solo, unless you can use Heal scrolls or wands, or a particular staff you can find in the graveyard.

14. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

There is another way to bypass this, it wont yield as much XP and it will be harder, but if you attack anyone of the Cult guys in their place, the beholder will appear and you can kill it directly, without the rod. I take this way sometimes when Im too lazy to do the whole thing (this is one of the quests I hate most)

15. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

OK, this is the question that finally got me to register for this forum.

My solo sorc, having no means to heal the empathic manifestation (he had not harnessed his Bhaal powers for the purposes of healing), traveled to the Temple District in Amn. There he aided a sacred (but annoyingly sanctimonious) order of knights in purging evil from their midst.

His reward for this good deed? A magical gauntlet capable of healing anyone--even empathic manifestations--with a mere touch.

16. Djieff Gems: 7/31

Isn't that part of the Paladin stronghold quests? If so, you can't get that item with a solo sorcerer unless you install the "get every stronhold" mod. If Avelus doesn't want that mod, he's still screwed.

17. Drumheller Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The Gauntlets of Healing are a reward for a Paladin stronghold quest, but other classes can get them as a reward for hunting down Anarg and the fallen paladins for the Order. Just talk to Sir Ryan Trawl for the quest.

Another alternative is the Staff of Curing, found in the Graveyard district in one of the tombs. Personally CLW has always worked for me.

18. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

I think Rod of Resurrection or Scroll of Restoration might work.

19. Djieff Gems: 7/31

I had absolutely NO idea that quest was available to anyone! Thanks Drumheller and sorry I doubted you Eric Xanthus :o

20. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

Your Planetar can heal, if I'm not mistaken. Level up a bit and heal that beast to death ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.