1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Supremacy Spells (Custom)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

[​IMG] OK!

Enough with our favourite spells! Now it's time to make up our own spells ... ones that we'd like to incorporate here in BG II!

All you have to do is say the name of the spell, what it does, school, level, length, save, etc. It can be any level, even a HLA spell if you want! Here's mine:

Khelben's Master Magic Missiles (Evocation)
    (Lvl 6)
    Range: Sight of the Caster
    Casting Time: 1
    Duration: Instant
    Saving Throw: Special
    Area of Effect: 1 Creature plus 5 foot radius

This is an upgrade of the famous level 1 Magic Missle spell. This spell creates up to 7 missiles of magical energy that dart forth from the wizard's fingertips and unerringly rush foward to strike at their target, which must be a target of some sort. Each missle inflicts 1d15+5 points of damage. For every 3 levels of experience, the caster gains an extra missle - he has 1 at 12th level, 2 at 15th level, 3 at 18th level etc, up to a total of 7 missiles at 33rd level. In addition to the initial damage, there is also splash damage, which occurs once the missiles have hit their target. Every creature within a 5 foot radius (including the original target) must make a save versus spells or suffer 1d5+1 of magical damage. If they make the save, the victim will only suffer 1/2 damage, although there is no save for the initial damage of the missiles.

There we go, there's my super spell! :D

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Can someone code these spells? You know, I had many spell ideas but I lost them recently. Can someone really code special spells and make a mini-mod that introduces these spells to the game? Like BoM's hugely (well almost :p ) succesful item pack, can someone make a BoM's spell pack? What say you Olim? Or the Magpie? Or anyone else? If someone can REALLY make these spells I will gladly participate but as for now my time is limited I need to make a project report for school for tomorrow and I do not even know my subject :aww: so forgive me! Wish me fun! :geezer:

3. Fly2tHeSkY

I agree with Silver, if someone could make a nice little mod with these spells it would be really nice! I'd gladly participate too! But for now, let's just get a few new ideas into gear!

OK, watcha got people! :D

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

That spell is easy enough except for the surrounding damage. not sure how to implement that.

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

So you can make custom-spells? YAY! What about others?

I read the tutorials about making spells and items but I am terrible with such things, it took me far too long to learn how to use Shadow Keeper efectively. :p

6. Fly2tHeSkY

Perhaps people have forgotten what this topic is actually about! I have started a new topic about how to create such spells as those posted here, so if you need to ask how to create them, post it there! Soooo much easier that way!

By the way, if people would like to continue posting their custom spells, that would be nice!!! :D

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

OK:

Imprisoning Ice Cube (evocation)
    (level 8)
    Casting Time: 8
    Duration: 4 rounds
    Area of Effect: 1 Creature

Upon casting this spell, the caster releases the immense power of the chilling cold on the victim. If the victim fails a save vs spell at -2 to escape the chill, he is caught and surrounded by the chilling cold and ice shards. The victim takes 15d6 cold damage and is imprisoned by the icy magical shell which surrounds and holds him for 4 rounds. When held in such manner, no damage or other spell can affect the victim, and victim can not do anything; though a succesful dispel magic breaks the magical barrier of chill immediately and releases the victim prematurely. However, if the victim's save was succesful, he evades being held by the cold barrier but still takes 5d6 cold damage due to chill and is slowed for 4 rounds.

I think this is a pretty easy spell to code, just get Otiluke's Sphere, add some cold damage and slow effect, do not forget to hamper the saves with -2.

Dread Touch (necromancy)
    (Level 7)
    Range: Caster
    Casting Time: 7
    Duration: 5 rounds
    Area of Effect: Caster

Upon completing this dreadful spell a black glow ecompasses the caster's hand. Caster's hands are powered with dreadful negative-energy, and one touch can bring great harm to any living victim. Caster can attack 2/round for 5 rounds with his hands, and gets +2 bonus to his THAC0. If the attack is succesful, the victim is paralyzed for 1 round due to the shock of massive negative energy, no save is allowed for that effect. Additionaly the victim must make a save vs death magic or suffer 5d6 damage due to the blast of the energy or lose 1d2 levels as his life force is drained away. (%50 chance each)

I think this is easy enough to code too, just edit a touch spell like ghoul touch?

Life Shield (necromancy)
    (Level 6)
    Range: Caster
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Duration: 2 rounds/level
    Saving Throw: None

This innocent necromantic spell uses the caster's own life force and spirit to protect him, this magical shield of pure life energy makes the caster immune to instant death effects (spells such as, but not limited to:Death, Disintegrate, Finger of Death, Wail of the Banshee, Powerword:Kill) and grants a +3 bonus to all saving throws for the duration of the spell.

Note that this spell can only be casted by the caster for the caster like stoneskin.

Improved Disintegrate (Alteration)
    (Lvl8)
    Range: SoC
    Casting Time: 8
    Saving Throw: Negates
    Area of Effect: 1 creature

This is the improved version of chaotic and feared spell Disintegrate, this version has much power and thus even deadlier. The basics are generaly same, upon completion the caster shoots a green ball made of pure energy, and upon contact to the victim, he must make a save vs spell, but with a -2 penalty or is immediately reduced to dust. The spell is extra powerful though, if the victim makes a saving throw he still takes 1d6 damage per caster level, and the victim can still die because of this damage.

This can easily be made via editing already existent disintegrate spell I hope.

Disable (enchantment)
    (Level 7)
    Range: SoC
    Casting Time: 7
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Negates

This spell targets the mind of one victim and if the victim fails his save vs spell at a hefty -4 penalty, he is disabled by 1round/caster level. He is blinded, deafened, silenced and slowed. He also gets a spell failure of %100. A succesful dispel magic will negate the effects.

That is one heavy spell, but I think enchantment school needs some high level punchers.

So what do you think Sebastian? Are they good enough? What about your ideas?

8. Fly2tHeSkY

VERY NICE Silver! I think they're just perfect to implement into BGII!

Ok, here's another one of mine:

Shivering Sleep (Evocation)
    (Lvl 8)
    Casting Time: 5
    Duration: Instant (damage) 1 round/level (effect)
    Saving Throw: 1/2 damage and duration
    Area of Effect: 1 Creature

Upon casting this spell, a terrible force of dark magic leaps from the caster's hands and streaks towards it's target. Once the dark magic has struck its target, the poor victim will suffer 15d5 cold damage immediately and will fall into a devastating trance. The unlucky victim will fall asleep as if in the effects of a coma for 1 round/level of experience of the caster. The victim is completely vulnerable while in this effect. If a save versus spells is made, both the damage and the duration of the sleep are halved.

There you go Silver! How about that for a cold spell! :D

9. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The problem with custom spells is that the PCs are the only ones who can use them. So your enemies will be at a disadvantage.

10. Fly2tHeSkY

Aahhhh, that's why a mod which enables all custom spells to be used by PCs AND NPCs. Anyone who knows how to do that should post it in the other topic.

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

On the contrary, with all those cool item mods, only PCs and his chores can use them, poor enemies can NEVER have uber items like those, so same can be applied for spells IMHO. Though if someone can implement this spells into NPCs and enemy spell casters it could be cool! But I guess it is hard.

Sebastian II, that spell is 'cool'. :thumb: But I think a save should eliminate the sleep and cut the damage in half, with this even a victim makes a save he is asleep for 10 rounds. Or make the victim awake whenever he takes damage?

12. Fly2tHeSkY

That's true Silver, I really should've done that eh, although I could just make it a HLA spell and just beef up the damage or something.

Regarding the spell usage, I'm sure we can implement it so that NPCs can use them, otherwise it wouldn't be any fun!

13. Mihai SuperStar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I wish a spell for Cleric.
    For good Cleric:
    Desire Wishes
    Level 7 spell
    School-any
    Casting time 1
    Duration:Instant and permanent(on caster) 1 turn per level(other effects)
    Range:Huge
    saving throw:None
    Magic Resistance:No
    The good cleric have a connection with his God.For that,he\she can ask for Desire Wishes.When casts,the cleric is healed,restored,aided,blessed and shielded in a sanctuary.His allies are also healed and hasted in the same time.In the same time,God protect him\her and send 2 paladins (summon) to obey the caster.The enemyes are blinded with no saving throw for 1 round,injured for 2d10+5 damange per level of the caster and blow away from the sight of the caster.However, this spell is very difficult to obtain.After casting and effects,the caster lose 2d10 points of life,is stunned for 5 rounds and suffer a great lose of primary spells(up to level 4) wich are sacrificated for the casting of Desire Wishes(7 spells)
    Cool!I am so smart.I will post another time for the bad cleric.Zbye

14. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

How about a lvl 9 spell that would be a short term buff? Like an upgrade to Tenser's Transformation...

I can't think of a name and all...too sleepy, but a guideline should do.

Sets HP to double.
    Sets STR to 25.
    AC Bonus +1 per 2 lvls upto maximum of 10.
    Sets number of attacks per round to 5...this cannot be increased through Improved Haste etc.
    Lasts for 1 round per 2 lvls.

Poor wizards and sorcs really need something like this.

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Heavenly Inferno (evocation)
    (Priest HLA)
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Duration: 4 rounds
    Saving Throw: 1/2 damage
    Area of Effect: 30 feet radius

Upon completing the spell the priest channels the wrath of his god(or nature in case of druids) to release it as a powerful and chaotic collection of small explosions of raging holy fire within the radius. For the spell duration, each round one of these may occur:

1)A 20d6 fireball explodes centered on the target.(%20)
    2)Flame Strike on all enemies in the radius.(%20)
    3)An incendiary cloud is released and stays for the duration of the spell.(%20)
    4)A firestorm begins in the area for the spell duration.(%20)
    5)Two effects at the same time, roll again.(%20)

Victims can make a save vs spell whenever applicable for half damage.

A priest must learn Storm of Vengeance and Implosion before being able to learn this HLA though.
    Magic Breaker (abjuration)
    (Level 9, mage)

Casting Time: 9
    Duration: 4 roundS

This powerful spell is the doom of any spell caster, its powerfull anti-magical capabilities will rip through any kind of protection spell and disrupt the caster's bond with the weave. The effects are:
    One spell protection of any level is dispelled, all spesific combat protections are dispelled. Additionaly magic resistance is lowered to 0, and the victim gets a spell failure of +%25 for 4 rounds onward. After 4 rounds, MR is restored and victim does not suffer any spell failure.

Shatter Golem(evocation)
    (Level 5, mage)

Casting Time: 5
    Saving Throw: 1/2 damage
    Area of Effect: 1 golem

This spell is designed specially to battle golems or any kind of constricts that have innate MR or spell-immunities. This spell can only affect those creatures, when casted on a different type creature it will have no effect at all. However if used on a golem of any type, it will do 1d4 damage per level of the caster to the golem, and slows it down for 10 rounds. A succesful save vs spell at -3 penalty (as the spell is specialized for golems it is hard to resist) halves the damage and golem evades being slowed. Obviously, this spell penetrates MR of golems easily and is not hindered by immunities.

16. Fly2tHeSkY

The Shadows of Mask (Abjuration)
    (Lvl 9)
    Casting Time: 9
    Duration: 1 round / level
    Saving Throw: None

Once the Wizard has articulated the proper actions for this spell, a powerful magic is channelled and proliferated throughout the caster, which also develops him somewhat out of the Prime Material Plane. The spirit of Mask, Lord of the Shadows is then taken from wherever it might be, and brought down to the Prime Material Plane to be used by the caster. Once the spell has been cast, the caster becomes dark and empty, much like a shadow, although not invisible. Any creature who attacks the caster while under this spell does so at their own peril, for if a successful attack is made, the attacker will feel a terrible darkness thrust throughout their body and will take 1d6+6 damage per level of the caster, up to a maximum of 25d6+6. In addition to this, the caster, being protected by the shadows of Mask, will only take ½ of the damage. Also, because the caster is not entirely within the Plane, all spells directed to him will receive a 35% failure rate.

What do you think Silver, good enough? Oh, and should this spell be a HLA? I thought the spell should be abjuration because the spell doesn't really conceal the character, thus not illusion.

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Ugh it is hugely powerful Sebastian, especially if the caster protects himself with Stoneskin, Mirror Image, Prot. from Magic weapons etc, the enemies will try to damage him in vain but die fast, 25d6+6 damage is just too much, maybe a save vs spell for half damage is needed. And why the +6 damage? You mean 1d6+1/caster level? It makes 25d6+25 which is OVERKILL, and note that all spells have a cap of level 20 so this spell is further unbalanced IMHO.

I think you should change it to:1d6/per two caster levels, up to 10d6 at lvl 20, and a save vs spell for half. Otherwise, you either need to lower the duration a lot, OR disable spell casting for the caster for the duration. What do you think?

18. Fly2tHeSkY

Yeah i agree, it's pretty powerful huh! The +6 damage is just a constant, so it always remains as +6. I only added it because it looked good at the end! But yes, I agree a save should be allowed and now that I think about it, it really SHOULD be a HLA spell. Even with the damage decrease, it's still pretty crazy huh! But what did you think of it anyways Silver?

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well even as a HLA it is still overpowerful, 25d6 damage, with a save for 12d6+1/2 per attack to the caster will kill everything fast! Imagine this, caster protects himself by PfromMagic weapons and all critters try to attack him in vain, each taking 30+ damage per hit they do, which kills every creature fast! Err for example, a tough improved smart dragon can attack with improved haste 8 times per round and you know what? It will be cold dead in the second round! And what kind of damage is it? Pyschial or magic damage? Maybe cold?

I still seriously reccomend disabling the spellcasting for the caster for the duration of the spell, or add a good spell failure rate.

20. Fly2tHeSkY

HAHA! Just thinking about it like that just makes me tingle! I guess it could be cold damage, as it's from a shadow damage, although I think physical was the type of damage that shadows made anyway. Nevertheless, after looking at it again, I realise, although it is one god damn powerful ass spell ( yeh I made it! :D ), it would probably be better if we lowered its potency. Maybe the wizard shouldn't be allowed to cast anymore spells for the duration. What do you think Silver? (Yeah that was YOUR idea!) Should anything else be added to it?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.