1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The NPC They Left Out (according to you)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Death Rabbit, Dec 3, 2003.

1. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

ummm..... Skywind you can not even touch the Demon without +5 weapons! so that means the only weapons that can hurt him are the Carsomyr and the improved MoD

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Or you can magic the thing to death...

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

casey,
    There are many more weapons than that that will hurt him. Staff of the Magi, MMM, Crom Faeyr (you can't have that by the Underdark, but...), quite a few weapons from Watcher's Keep, Black Blade of Disaster, etc.

My contribution to this thread is already in the process of being made. Click me.

4. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I attacked the demon lord in the underdark before, and it did not require a +5 weapon to kill it(Gesen short bow can injure the demon lord, but I forgotten if +3 weapons can). I'm not talking about the demon prince.

[ December 06, 2003, 07:15: Message edited by: Skywind ]

5. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Excuse my ignorance (as usual) but what is MMM?

6. Skywind Gems: 10/31

Veteran

I cannot be sure, but I think it's the spell "Melf minute meteors".

7. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

MMM is Melf's Minute Meteors indeed, in case you weren't 110% sure :D

8. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Edoran Dreadhunter
    Race: Human
    Class: Undead Hunter

stats:

Proficiensies:
    Mace: 1
    sword and shield: 1
    Bastard swords: 2
    Dual wielding: 2

Equiptment:
    Bastard sword of justice +2
    +4 against evil, deals double damage against undead.

Bastard sword of judgement +5
    5 poison damage for 5 rounds.
    true sight once per day

Edorans armour:
    Protection from evil (permanent)
    Free action
    armour class: 0

Ring of invisibility
    improved invisibility 3x per day

When asked bout his past, edoran sights sadly and seems unwilling to tell you anything.
    But he finally give after and tells about his battles with orcs, mind flayers, beholders and other filthy creatures all across faerun.
    Edoran was born in icewind dale, but was brought up by elfes after his parents died, his father beeing the sworn friend of an elfen prince.
    Edoran left at a young age and joined many adventourers on their quests before he went freelance. He explains that he desires to keep a low profile, and not get recognised by anyone as reputation cause more trouble than not, according to himself. He then tells you that nothing more is to be said and keep silent.
    But by looking on his armour you see that he indeed have fought many a battle, and you guess he'll say something more sooner or later about his past.

9. Kemkon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Drieda (dye-a)

Half-Elven

Archer

()= with her bow equipped

Str: 17 (18/00)
    Dex: 20 (21)
    Con: 6 (8)
    Wis: 8 (1)
    Int: 9 (1)
    Cha: 12 (12)

Ever since she could walk she loved bows. She trained for days and days. At 10 she was the best shot in her village. At 15 she could 'shoot a fly off a dog's back at 25 feet' (poor poor fluffie, may you rest in peace) At 20 years old she was getting obsessed. Everything she thought about was building the perfect bow and using it to better her skills. She slaved for years in her secret cave, making her perfect bow, eating and drinking only when she had to. When she was 25, she went out and saw her whole village was destroyed. It had been burned down, by orcs. She went into a pure fury, and worked on her bow. She calls it, The Orc Hunter.

Item:
    The Orc Hunter +1:
    +1 to dexterity
    +1 to strength
    -8 to intelligence
    -7 to wisdom
    +2 to constitution
    If the wielder sees an orc, the bow will change to a two handed sword and the wielder will rush the orc.
    This cannot be unequipped even with a remove curse spell.

10. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Johen Silverblade
    Elvin Barbarian
    Chaotic Neutral

Str-16
    Dex-17
    Con-27
    Int-11
    Wis-11
    Cha-11

Scimitars-**
    Bow-**
    Two Weapon Style***

Equipment:
    Benanthalins Courage +3
    Scimitar: Immunity to all fear spells

Kazerrath +5
    Scimitar

A rarity amongst Barbarian Johen is a Moon Elf. He was found by a female babarian whose husband and children had been killed in the ongoing Orc war.

Raised in the frigid lands North of the Spine of the World Johen has travelled to the southlands to find out about his family.

Found by "the party" battleing a force of Orcs will recieve help from the party and join.

Interactions: Will prove to be a mentor towards Aerie since he is also confused about his past and present. Will get along with almost everyone except for Edwin, will eventually fight Edwin.

11. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well, WHERE IS XAN??????????

That was a duty, now:

Arryn Morgerim

chaotic neutral female elf fighter

STR 18/57
    DEX 9
    CON 16
    INT 14
    WIS 11
    CHA 15

*** Axes
    *** Warhammers (by level 8)

Arryn Morgerim is a atractive looking elven woman, despite her dwarven accent and rough manners. She is an orphan, raised by a hill dwarf in the sword coast area (she refuses to give the exact location of her former home). For some reason, her adoptive father, by the name of Turun Kegblower, thought it a good idea to teach the elven girl how to drink a lot, swear, work forge and forge money.
    Her childhood was not very nice, however. Other dwarves quite accepted her, but their home was soon too small for the above-average tall elf and she'd always felt like a stranger, despite she practically became a dwarf. Being a priest, Turun asked his god for a advice. Morradin was pleased with Arryn's fighter skills, and decided it would be best to turn her into dwarf.
    And so one of the weirdest quest Faerun ever saw started.

You will meet Arryn in Copper Coronet, where she is about to be sold into slavery, because she got drunk and destroyed half of the tavern. When she tries to escape, a fight will start, when you get a choice to attack her new owner. If you do, she will stay with the party, feeling herself in debt, and you will be able to decide which way will her quest be completed (= whether she'll turn into a dwarf or not).

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Nym
    Drow Wild Mage
    Chaotic Evil

STR: 12
    DEX: 12
    CON: 13
    INT: 18
    WIS: 10
    CHA: 17

Proficiencies -

Quarterstaff *
    Sling *
    Dagger *

Equipment -

Robe of the Evil Archmagi
    Quarterstaff +3
    Packet of Rizla and some tobacco

He came from the Underdark city of Chaulssin. He had obviously angered Lloth in some way, which forced him to flee his home, though this is something he is never eager to speak with you about.

One thing he is uncertain of though is how he ended up in Spell hold, all he remembered was that he was on his way down to Burger King and a couple of Cowled Wizards jumped him from behind, the rest is just a blank.

13. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I agree with ArrynMorgerim! WHERE IS XAN!!!

Games like BG2 benefit from personality more than power classes. And the personality of Xan is one which is never portrayed in classic D&D. So, when he turned up in BG1, he was a breath of fresh air.

Yes, there is a mod for him, but it could have gone so much further. He could have been a potential romance for a female protagonist. He could have had a tentative, but futuile romance with Aerie. He could have had some really great banter with Edwin. His pessimism could, at one stage, become contagious, and Keldorn, Jan, Haer Dalis', Korgan, et al. all start saying things like... "You know,... I guess... well, ... Xan's actually right. We are all doomed. Can we go home now and just forget about this?". It would be then up to the protagonist to re-motivate the group. And Xan could have some great sub-plot quests with his moonblade, ascend unwittingly to the position of Archmage of the Cowled Wizards, etc. etc.. Oh, the fun is unending!

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I was talking about the demon prince. The regular Baalor requires +3 weapons to hit.

BTW, there is no way to get Gesen bow in the Underdark without cheating.

15. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Must... resist... shameless... self... promotion...

Ah, forget it. :p Delainy, the werewolf from TotSC is my contribution, and she's in development.

16. Skywind Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Oh yeah! Forgetful me! I only remember killing it long ago(before I even installed TOB).
    Anyway, talking about the demon prince, I think I should update my previous post to make it more interesting.
    Here's another character: Riyuzo

Charname and his party were walking to the entrance which lead to the shadow dragon, when they encounter a human assassin with 2 shadows and a shadow fiend. The assassin will shout:" kill them.", Before he disappear. Surprisingly, while charname and party are attacking the shadows, the assassin back-stabbed(I forgotten if shadows can be back-stabbed. For IWD2, it's impossible.) or attacked the shadow fiend. The shadow fiend will then said:"you shall suffer for siding with these cursed people. The lord will see that you become a shadow like us!", before attacking the assassin. After the battle, the assassin will introduce himself as Riyuzo, a assassin from Kara-tur(SP?). He said that he is not to be blamed with what that had happened to Umar hills and that he too want to destroy the lord who terrorised this place for a personal reason which he will explain when the lord is destroyed. Charname can than recruit Riyuzo as a party member. When charname and party confront the shade lord, if Riyuzo is in the party, the shade lord will have addition things to said(to Riyuzo about how Riyuzo is going to suffer for going against him, that kind of stuff). The battle will begin after that and when the shade lord is down to badly injured, he will shout:" Curse you! Riyuzo! I will not be defeated so easily!" Then, the shade lord died.

Riyuzo will then tell charname his story: Riyuzo used to work as a hired assassin in Kara-tur. When his latest target flee a long way to Amn, he gave chase and after a few years, tracked down and killed his target. but while Riyuzo was on his way back, a cloaked figure appeared before Riyuzo and asked Riyuzo to work for him, with the promise of great riches. Riyuzo agreed and started to do his job. But one day, after Riyuzo had poisoned a wizard to sleep and carried the wizard back to the temple ruins which was what the cloaked figure asked him to do, he heard a loud explosion and went to investigate. What he saw frighten the hell out of his life. Apparently, the wizard had woke up and was fighting the cloaked figure with spells. But before the wizard could unleash another spell, the cloaked figure grabbed the wizard and a unearthly dark magic seems to invade the wizard and soon, the wizard is just a dark figure(a wraith). The cloaked figure then noticed Riyuzo and said:"Well, you have witness my true identity and how powerful it is. Do you want to walk the dark path too?" Riyuzo was horrified then. He quickly said:"I had served you well. If you were to turn me into a shadow too, I would not be-able to capture your victims as they may set wards against undead at their bedroom, thus preventing me from capturing them at night, which is the only time when a shadow can travel more freely." With that, the shade lord allow Riyuzo to continue serving him as a human. But Riyuzo long for the days when he is the one in control(In the past, when someone want to hire him to kill, and he is not in a good mood, he will reject the job, no matter how high the pay is. If the person persist or threaten him, he will just left that person for the dead without hesitation). But the shade lord had too many shadow hiding around foe him to safely escape and heis only allow to go out or perform his mission at night. So when charname and party arrive, Riyuzo thinks that this is a good chance for him to be rid of the shade lord.

Now that Riyuzo is free, he will offer to join your party, as he can't return to his home land for a certain reason and he also long for a life filled with excitment of victory and glory over strong opponents.
    After some time when Riyuzo is in charname's party, a band of warriors will appear and move toward charname's party. Riyuzo will recognize the warriors as his comrades from Kara-tur. The warriors will recognize him too. but by their clan's rules, everyone had to pay respect to the clan's ancestor altar once every year and failing to do so comes with the punishment:execution. So Riyuzo will have no choices but to fight them. Of course charname and party can help Riyuzo, or Riyuzo will die. The human warriors will also attack charname's party anyway. The warriors are 2 fighter/thief, 2 kensais and 1 assassin. only the Kensais and assassin wields +1 katanas. After the battle and a week later, the 4 masters of Riyuzo's ex-clan will apppear. They are 1 kensai, 1 wizard-slayer, 1 fighter/thief and 1 assassin.
    Again, the fighter cannot be prevented. But this time, the 4 masters are high lvs warriors and have powerful weapons and armours. After this battle, Riyuzo will not be chase after by his clan anymore.

Riyuzo, male (neutral evil)human assassin

short sword:**
    single weapon style:**

hide: 2/5 of total skills
    walk silently: 2/5 of total skills
    set trap: 1/5 of total skills

can put ** in any blade weapons
    can have greater whirlwind HLA

equipment:

Mask of Doom, helm

effect: immune to death spell
    abilities:
    death gaze: 3/day, just like the balor's
    death sentence: death to 1 enemy 1/day, unless save vs death at -2

Shadow blade, short sword

thaco: +4
    damage: 1d6+4+2 cold damage
    effect: 15% chance to drain 1 level,
    15% chance cause enemy to panic, unless save vs spell
    drain 2 hp with each hit,

Cloak of darkness

AC: +1
    effect: +25% hide in shadow
    abilities: improved invisible 1/day,
    summon 3 shadows 1/day

other equipments: stuffed-leather armour +2, 2 extra-healing potions, 40 darts of stunning, 46 gold pieces.

Gets along well with no one, but will not end up fighting one except for Keldorn if Keldorn himself starts the fight.
    Will out-talk anyone who trys to judge him.(
    Example:
    Minsc: Riyu! you are a bloody killer who shows no passion at all! If not for charname, I would have end your life!
    Riyuzo: Hey! You wronged me! Let me ask you, what have you been doing with charname and his party?
    Minsc: Kicking the ass of evil!
    Riyuzo: Then what ass had I been kicking together with you?
    Minsc: Evil's ass....
    Riyuzo: Hah! Now you get it!
    )

End of TOB: Will work as a private assassin for hire in Amn.

[ December 18, 2003, 08:00: Message edited by: Skywind ]

17. Thais Paradox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Trydan, you're absolutely right. I hadent thought about it before, but a BGII without Xan doesnt seem right. He added so much flavour to the experience........

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.