1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen and her xp

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tom Violence, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Tom Violence Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So, if you want Imoen to be in your party permanently after you rescue her from Irenicus, I assume that her XP is gonna be lower compared to the rest of your party. Is it worth skipping side quests (Windspear Hills, Planar Sphere etc.) until you get her to build up her XP?

2. Marvin^42 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

It certainly helps if you rely on her as the primary arcane caster of your group, but the unmodded game is so easy that it doesn't really matter. Just don't do *everything* before you get her :)

3. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

And you can build her XP up another way.

The game isn't abundant of scroll drops after encounters. But all the scrolls cases you can from vendors, collect the scrolls in them.

When you got Imoen, kick everyone out from the party except her, yourself and your romantic interest if you have one. Tell those you kick out to wait for you on the spot.

Let Imoen wolf down a Potion of Genius and let her memorize all the scrolls. Since you will have a lot of dublets of the same scrolls, you can memorize, erase the spell from the spellbook and memorize again.

That will give her a lot of XP.

Cheesy? You decide. I call it using the game rules. ;)

4. Toker Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I completed the slavers quest, sided with Bhodi and picked up the celestial fury then headed straight off to Spellhold. When i picked up Imoen she was lv 11 - about the same as my party.
    I found the underdark very difficult but certainly not impossible. After that i completed all the other quests.

5. Tardazor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

No, this isn´t cheesy. Is Cheesy if you arrenge her XP manually. (CLUAConsole code).

6. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Nah, that would be cheating. Scribing, deleting and rescribing scrolls is definitely cheesy imho (saving your scrolls and learning them all at once is fine by my book, just not the deleating and rewriting bit).

I suppose it should be noted that when you pick Immy up in spellhold her level will either be 11 or 13. Improved Anvil adds the possibility of her being 14 or 15 if your party is of high enough level.

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    It's definitely cheesy if you erase spells. I just wonder how Imoen could level up that much while being captive whereas the PC and the party are busy doing quests and killing monsters... The fact that she was a little behind XP wise always made sense to me.

8. Ironhawk Skylord

Well anyway, Tom Violence, there is a couple of instances where you really can gain a large amount of XP and benefit Imoen with it if you kick evryone out of the party except you, her and your romantic interest.

But I don't know if this is your first run through, so I won't spoil it for you unless you ask me to.

9. Tom Violence Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Eh, I don't like the cheeze ways. And I don't like kicking out everyone in my party. I play it for the rp story and such, I'm not a powergamer.

And it's my first time through, and my 1st time I always do it "proper" then the other go arounds I do some of the "variations," if you can call them that, heh.

10. Ironhawk Skylord

Fair enough. I am sure sure you will have a lot of fun the first time through. :)

But I would then recommend you doing the sidequests you mentioned. A couple of levels more and some nice items will really help you when you rescue Imoen.

Good luck! :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.