1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Spoiler for the Paladin-Haters

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Big B, Jun 21, 2001.

1. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Spoiler****
    I don't know how widely known this is but here it is for those who don't know, from the manual...
    Evil Clerics can now turn paladins.
    Paladins are turned as undead equivalent to their level.
    Good stuff.

Look out Keldorn here comes Vic...

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited June 21, 2001).]

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Big B . . .

That has got to be the Biggest Pile of "B" that I've ever heard!

Name one story, legend or myth that has a paladin facing an evil cleric and turning tail!?!?!?!

3. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

i find that that is the biggest load of BS that i have ever heard... *EVER*.

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Thank you Jack-of-All-Trades. I knew I recognized you from Avooch Dar's paladin get together last month.

I saw we all team up and show Big B what it looks like when we call TURN his skeleton smasher self into a Big pile of something icky!

5. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31

Hey, sounds like fun.(but not all to challenging)Oh, hell with it, who gets the first jab????

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

The story where a Paladin runs in panic as an evil cleric turns him was just written I suppose. I summoned (over the Abysal Planes loudspeakers ;) ) Viconia and Keldorn. I leveled Vic up to lvl 19 cleric and Keldorn to lvl 16 and had Vic turn undead. Two seconds later Keldorn was yellow and running around in panic. Seeing is believing.

7. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31

Um, ever hear of a spell called horror, or maybe it was spook that got 'em.

There are also other things that could do that, such as low morale. the manuel explains that.

[This message has been edited by jack-of-all-trades (edited June 21, 2001).]

8. Havok Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] It's True...page 8, ToB manual.

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] True or not I don't care.

I always lead Viconia and dump Keldorn so who is this thread for anyway? I don't hate paladins, I just don't have spare space for them in my party.

And also, I don't have ToB and if you continue making topics like these BEFORE you finish it, I trully don't think that anyone needs to buy it.
    Why buy the expansion when you can read the whole manual on these boards? :mad:

10. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm... I think I'm not gonna visit the ToB msgBoards untill I have finished ToB.

11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

ITS TRUE????

Oh the horror, the dismay, the humanity.

That's it, my player character is going to go on hunger strike throughout TOB!!!!
    No grabbing a cheeseburger on the way to the Watcher's Keep; no glasses of Dwarven Spirits at the Inn.

Maybe that will make the people at Interplay take notice!

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Vicsun, come on!

Of course you'll visit the boards. Someone may get stucked and you know the answer on it, or you get stucked and need an answer.

But to get here just to say "WEEEEEEE, all of you are suckers, I bought ToB and all manuals from 3rd parties!"... Who is sucker here? I'm a bit touchy I guess, but if anyone starts ignoring this forum, that'll be me, and that will then be for good. Just like I started to ignore all BG2 threads that one utility is mentioned inside.

I really don't care who bought ToB and what was in the package. I care for things that are NOT in the package - things that you can get to know only by finishing the game.

13. Havok Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I don't think this is all "Gloom and Doom" for Paladins.

I suspect that the Paladin's "Protection from Evil" would give them a fighting chance plus that other "do-gooder doodad", the Holy Avenger could play a big part in countering the evil cleric's turn ability.

14. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How often is a computer controlled cleric going to stand around and turn undead anyways? I doubt it will affect the game at all.

15. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31

i don't have the ToB manuel, so if it is true, my charachter is going to be screwed.

(STRIKE AGAINST BLACK ISLE)

j/k...

16. Dalarian Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This can be pretty amusing actually if you have both Vic and Keldorn in the party, and of course it helps to not know/forget that its possible. I was fighting a lich who summoned up a huuuuge hoard of undead, so I decided to Turn/Charm what I could with Vic to make it a little easier. I charmed everything in range including the lich, and poor Keldorn ran around getting beat on by everything that was out of the charm range.

17. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I'm glad evil clerics can turn paladins(pompous tin cans) Besides, they made a bastard sword version of carsomyr, the 'purifier'. :mad: All my stalker gets is the loss of his backstab!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.