1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Item request please....

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Kenshiro, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I love the improved Kittrix figurine from the Item Upgrade mod(makes a nice pet for sexy drow clerics, or nature-loving rangers or druids). I was wondering if someone could make a modded version of either or both of the Golden Lion and Moon Dog Figurines you can get as a ranger, basically mod their stats/abilities so they'll be able to work as companions even in TOB? Thanks in advance.

2. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31

Good idea. Moondog has nice special abilities, but seems to die way too easily. What I would like to see is for both animals to be like wizard eyes, so they can clear fog of war. Golden Lion, with it's crazy speed, would be a great scout.

3. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Moondog I have heard about, but Golden Lion :confused:

Must play this game through again when I have the time... :(

4. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31

Actually, I have no idea where I found either... anyone know?

And there's also Jade Figurine, summons a jade-colored dog with level drain.

5. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I don't remember finding or hearing of a Golden Lion figurine either. Amazing, considering how much I've played this game. Always something new :) . Where do you find it?

6. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You get the Golden Lion for completing one of the stronghold quests. I *think* it's either the druid quest or the ranger quest. Can't remember which.

7. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31

They're both listed in the strat guide, I just only ever played as a ranger once. Sooo..anyone up for doing this request? And I dunno why this got moved to TOB, the items are found in the normal game.

8. david w Gems: 19/31

Probably because the original poster mentioned the words "TOB" in his post.

In all honesty, how difficult would upgrading these things be? The basic items are already in the game so surely it's a case of just adding extra HPs and special abilities. It's not like creating a brand new item here.*

* Says someone who doesn't know a thing about modding and is hoping no one will point this out.

9. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Speaking of a whole new item... While this is, indeed going far off the subject, Could someone make a Charon's claw, i think it was called? The sword with the glove that if you don't wear the glove with the sword, the sword will kill you? Artamis Entri(However you spell it) has it in one of the books... I think It was Servent of the Shard?

Back onto subject: While I can't even make my own item yet, with IEEP, you can somewhat easily alter the item, give it new abiltys, etc. Don't know how to toss that into the game, through.

10. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31

Ack, I didn't realize I'd mentioned TOB in the original post. Well....um...anyone wanna take up the challenge on this, please?

11. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31

I'll see if I can do it with SK. If not, someone might do it.

12. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31

Regarding Charon's Claw:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001770
    I've made it.

An easy way to put an item in the game is to put it in the inventory of a powerful baddie. I'd give Charon's Claw to Demogorgon, but you can't physically kill him, he simply gets banished. Abazigal with the tougher battle mod would be a worthy fight for a good weapon.

As for the upgraded Golden Lion, Jade Hound and Moondog, yes that would be easy enough, I think. They could be a sort of familiar. A companion that lives on another plane, and must return to rest, hence being resummoned everyday. Hmm.. why does this sound familiar? :rolleyes:
    (Says the ever-present annoying guy that always points out the obvious, thus ruining the joke: "Gwen!")

13. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31

Hmm... It seems to me that such a weapon that can kill in one hit (like a vorpal)along with all of the other things, would be a +6....

Remember how Good ole arty killed people with one hit, because they got burnt up by the blades magics? Well, to tone it done, I'd recamend a 10% chance of vorpal, just to stick a bit closer to the book...

*Just thought of altering the life-taker dagger into Arty's dagger of DOOM!...*

Hmmm.... Maybe I'll try my hand someday at making good old Gwuan... If I could figure out how to edit the golden lion's pics, I could make a nice little black panther...

14. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31

Sorry to do this to you ;) , but...

I already did that one too. "Jeweled Dagger".

Gwenhwyvar, or Gwen, already exists in the game. That'll actually make it easier for you.

And back on topic, does anyone else think that the creatures summoned by figurines are way too pointless? Golden Lion, Jade Dog, Moondog, Efreeti Bottle... Spider Figurine is good, plus it is upgraded in the mod. But I like the idea of a conjuror with his arcane artifacts to summon powerful allies. Not a pet that falls to an orc's axe. I'm all for an upgraded figurine mod.

15. david w Gems: 19/31

The Golden Lion and the Effreeti are pretty weak summons. Just like the Berserker you get via the horns. No matter what grade of berseker you summon, he seems to get whipped by almost every enemy in the game. I've not tried him against diseased gibberlings yet but I doubt it would take many of them to bring him down.

Not sure about the Jade Dog (not found that one) but the Moon Dog is pretty decent. It seems to move as if hasted and causes a lot of damage before it's killed.

The original Kitthix is a little underpowered whereas the upgraded version is overpowered. I'd sooner have something inbetween. The original gets regularly whomped by gnolls and orcs; the upgrade killed the Shadow Dragon, an adamantium golem (who somehow got poisoned by it (yes, a golem being poisoned)) and even a few liches. I once set him on a particularly tough party of Drow in the Underdark and he got four of them and wounded the others.

But none of the summons work that well once you get into TOB. Improved Kitthix remains useful long after the others have been abandoned but after a while you just tend to find yourself summoning him to temporarily block an incredibly powerful enemy while you ready your spell protections. His usefulness is pretty much down to zilch.

16. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31

lol, I forgot about the horns of Valhalla. The berserker takes longer to appear than he does to die. The Jade Dog is just a hound-type creature that happens to have level draining hits - not a bad ability, except that it does have bad survival skills.

And did you say the improved Kitthix took down the Shadow Dragon?? I mash spiders on my wall. I can only imagine what a dragon would do. :eek:

17. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31

Well, heck, if you wanna make a Guen figurine, go for it. I've tried installing Drizzt chars that come with Guen fig's that do nothing or crash my game. If you make a reasonably tough Guen fig, I'll finally have to make that Drizzt party. :)

18. david w Gems: 19/31

Well, Improved Kitthix didn't take down the Shadow Dragon single-handledly - I hit him with a Pierce Magic and Imoen and Edwin kept up a constant barrage of Magic Missiles. But it was Kitthix who inflicted most of the actual damage. My party were at a low level at the time and usually would struggle against something like the Shadow Dragon yet being able to summon Kitthix turned it from a very difficult to a very easy fight.

19. NAM US Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I like the spider,and sence others have talked about weapons could Lilarcor be made like Mourneblade or Storm Bringer in first addition AD&D Demi Gods book? I had a Chr.that killed Elric and lost many Levels,but What a sword.
    And I loved the Hit point gain.Why should only the Good Guys get a +6 sword?
    "Come on Lets Kill somthing"

[ March 23, 2004, 15:26: Message edited by: NAM US ]

20. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31

So...um...is anyone gonna take me up on my request for Improved Moon Dog and Golden Lion figurines, please?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.