1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Amaunator Trap

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tayja, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

In the ruins the Amaunator statue that quizzes you on chatechism (religious rites and obligations) has a trap.

I can find the trap. But I can't get the icon for disarming the trap to appear.

I decided to just take the damage to see what the goodies are. I can't do that either.

I can only get the icon for pickpocketing the statue to come up. So what the hey, I says to myself, I'll just pickpocket the statue and take the damage.

Well in her unsuccessful attempt to pickpocket the statue, my female thief behaved in what I can only call a very unladylike manner...she moved against the statue in an inappropriate way for the better part of an hour. Apparently this excited Anomen, who took this particular time to decide to praise her many virtues.

I have to admit to a giggle. But... still no treasure.

Any suggestions?

2. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The riddle statue in the far NW corner of the ShadeLord Dungeon?

I was never able to get in it.

If you look careful you can see a small object (person?) in there you are talking to.
    It looks sort of like the small guys in the tanks in the first dungeon in the game.

You can attack it but it must have infinite HP...
    You can't get close enough to pickpocket...

Just take the prize it gives you.

3. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

It doesn't have unlimited HP. But it has about 4000, so it may take some hits to take it down :D

4. Tayja Gems: 6/31

Do I understand correctly? You need to attack and kill the statue (with 4000 hp) before you can disarm the trap?

Does it fight back? Do you get lots of xp for doing this? It could take awhile.

Thanx, Tayja

5. Kowalski Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My thought is that what you see (the item beholder and the talkable figure) are only means for the programmers to make a statue talk and offer items... The figure talks and the beholder holds the item you get when you answer the questions correctly. So my guess is that there are no goodies, just the piece of the (IIRC) sun mask...

6. Yochimbo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You can pickpocket the statue without disarming the trap. What you have to do is get all of your characters out of the room so the statue starts fading from sight, then hit the tab key.

An eyesocket will light up, and you can get your normal pick-up icon and click on the eye.

You then walk back to the statue and remove the diamond (as i recall it) from the eye.

7. Kowalski Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ah there you go, please then ignore my poorly initiated message ;)

8. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Too much work for a stupid diamond! :shake:

4000 HP!? Holy... :eek:

9. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

So does that mean you can get stuck in the quest by killing the statue BEFORE passing the quiz?

10. Tayja Gems: 6/31

Yochi, Thanks that did the trick. I left the room and then the "disarm trap" icon came up over the eye.

I had to leave the room again to get the treasure icon to come up. Then presto! Diamond.

I tried to see if I could kill the statue. At this point I can neither confirm nor deny if its killable.

I left my characters beating up on it for about two hours of real time while I went and watched Enterprise. When I came back they were still whacking away at the cheerfully still animate statue statue. I estimate that they were around 10,000 hp. (roughly 80 hp damage per minute x 120 minutes). Besides, I couldn't think of a role-playing justification for my party to beat up the statue for 17 hours (their time).

11. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Whaaaatttttt...kill a statue with 4000 HP to receive a simple diamond??? Gee, just use CLUAConsole and creates it... :D !

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.