1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What are your PC's ability scores?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Silverstar, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] I wonder the ability score of your PCs, and how do you accure that stats? Please share your latest or most favourite characters and their abilities, and tell us how you rolled them, did you work for hours, or cheated, or are you just plain lucky? Keep in mind that I wonder the 'base' scores, not after using tomes, or making quests or equipping items etc. Just the starting scores, and why/how did you arrange them? Ofocurse, class knowledge will be helpful too. Let us compare the stats, and we will see powergamers or roleplayers, along with nasty cheaters! :)

Here is my latest PC, a Druidic Sorcerer:

Oriel Siannodel ( :p Meh I am not that good at names, I picked the name from a random generator and surname litteraly means 'Moonriver' in Elven.)

Human (apparently with a little elven blood)
    Neutral Good

STR 8 (it was initialy 10, I later decided to SK it and added two points to dex, just for personal taste OK?)
    DEX 11 (it was 9, later made to 11 by SK as explained above)
    CON 10
    INT 18
    WIS 18
    CHA 18

TOTAL of 83 points!

First proficiencies: Dagger, quarterstaff, two-handed weapon and single weapon styles, as this is the only chance to get them for a DS!

Bear in mind that DSs get a hefty -2 to STR DEX and CON so my original roll is 89! Worked on it for a few minutes, and I was lucky enough. I distributed heavily on WIS and CHA as DSs get bonus spells for those. An 18 INT for interesting dialogue options and a good lore. Pyschial stats may suck but they are not that important for me. Agh I am a powergamer but I have so many so hard mods so do not blame me OK?

So what are yours? I am curious! Please share them here! OK?

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The best roll I ever had was with a halfelf R/C named Bronwyn. I rolled her stats for about an hour or so. I keep going until I hit 90 or whatever feels comfy.

Str 18/65
    Dex 18
    Con 18
    Int 10
    Wis 18
    Cha 18

Dex and Con were the first ones to get maxed. The better my AC, to-hit and hp the more comfy I feel. Strength was third as I wanted it high until I could assemble the Crom Faeyr. Lastly, wisdom since she was a cleric. I lucked with the other 8 points and threw them into Charisma, stacking with Helm of Glory, nymph cloak and Sensate ammy for shopping.

With any character I roll, my priorities are Dex, Con, primary stat and Str. If those get maxed, I throw what's left into either Wis (mage types) or Cha.

3. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

My current character is a Paladin, who I am playing from Baldur's Gate. His base stats are:

STR:17
    DEX:16
    CON:16
    INT:15
    WIS:16
    CHA:18

4. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

My most frequently played charachter: Human Kensai. Stats: 17/18/17/x/x/x. I take the first roll higher than 80, set str, dex and con as above, and then distribute the rest of the points. Why not 18 str & con? Well, from a role-play perspective, Minsc should clearly be the strongest in the party, and 18s in all the primary stats for a Kensai would just feel wrong. Why exactly 17/18/17 makes me feel so much better than 18/18/18 is something you'd have to ask my subconscious ;)

5. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

@ Warrior of the World

... WTF! Did you really get those as BASE stats! That's crazy.

As for you Silver, I normally work for hours to get my scores! What I usually do is after each roll, change of all the stats to 16 and then leave the remaining 1 to see what amount I can get. I remember somehow I got all of them 16 and one was 17 ... How I did that, i don't know! Much like Warriors stats!

But because I normally play an assassin or F/T or Mage type character, I really don't care about my wisdom score. I usually have enough protection spells to save me from an untimely death and as for the wish spell, there's always potions for that!

But Silver, by the end of BGI, my stats are usually around the 16 - 19 range, but that just won't do! Soooo, yep you guessed it, I use cheats to buff them up to around 19 - 21. Hey, what can I say, I like those numbers! :D

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Currently:

Quayle (yes, that Quayle :p )
    CN Male Gnome
    Illusionist/Cleric

STR 14
    DEX 19
    CON 8
    INT 20
    WIS 20
    CHA 17

That's after seven BG1 tomes (I skipped the CON tome because there was no reason).

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Hahaha! You're funny Fel. Nice post to hit 3000 with as well! Nah, Quayle never did it for me. AND his constant bad mouthing of me didn't help either! But as we can see here, tomes are always nice to use if you couldn't be bothered rolling!

8. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

My Kensai/Mage/Thief (on hold at the mo):

Ezkiel, Chaotic Good, Half Elf

19 Str
    18 Dex
    16 Con
    19 Int
    12 Wis
    14 Cha

50% Resistance to fire.

Worked through Tutu and got all tomes.

9. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I roll stats, and then minimise everything. For a paladin, I will keep rolls where I have stat points that are 40+. For a fighter, I aim for 75+. It can take a while, but you get a nice character out of it.

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

:p Nobody uses CTRL+8 at all? Tis good to know.

Ofocurse, after tomes, machine of Lum the mad, hell trials, one can have 22+stats.

Why there are NO tomes in BG2? :wail:

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Because tombs are overpowered and unbalance the game. (That having been said, yes, I typically use all 7!)

Anyway, my favorite character is a F/T multiclass, and really, any race will do. I've done every race as a F/T except gnomes and half-elves. The two stats that are the least important are intelligence and wisdom, so I usually drop my intelligence to 9 and my wisdom to 7, so that with tombs they'll get to an average level. I try to get the remaining four as close to maximum as possible, but the exact priority is usually dependent upon the actual race I'm playing. I won't spend hours rolling for stats - usually 85 is plenty enough.

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

It is still good that BG2 allows stat increases via quests and all, so PC can have in-human stats really.

But hey, game also steals away points, in tests and in one particular dream, I will miss those points in DEX!
    (I know a trick to avoid DEX drain in Hell trials! YAY! :banana: )

13. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@Silverstar - I ALWAYS use the cntrl+8 cheat! Then I max out my stats using SK. Gets a bit too overpowered sometimes, though. Maybe I should make all stats be 9 or something...on insane, that would be well hard. :)

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Cheater Moonelf! You play with all stats 25? :eek:

You deserve to play with an all stats '3' PC with Tactics, Improved Battles, Ascension etc. fully installed AND on insane difficulty as a punishment!

15. jA Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

F/M/T
    18+1(tome)+1(Lum)+2(tears)=22
    18+1(Lum)(dint found tome)= 19
    18+1(tome)+1(Lum)= 20
    18+1(tome)+1(Lum)= 20
    18+2(tome)+1(Lum)= 21
    3+1(tome)+1(Lum)= 5(and RoHI)
    roled abaut 2 nights...

16. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hi, I play currently with solo assassin:

Skie (well.. almost Skie, I use her soundset, portrait and stats)

Str 11
    Dex 18
    Con 15
    Int 15
    Wis 8
    Cha 13

She's at lvl 16 in Planar Prison right now. This time I decided not to make uber-character imported from BG1 with Tome-added stats. Only cheesed with giving her assassin kit.

Still she is good thief though, but I expect some difficulties with bosses later. I also have some mods installed; SoS, Ascension, Tactics, etc. It's been good journey so far.

17. HairySun Gems: 3/31

I don't remember all stats right now but STR is at either 22 or 23 due to playing through BG1 a few times for tomes and then the hell trials :) (He's a F/T btw)

Ohh and other stats are maxed out(or a little more) except INT - 10 and WIS - 4

(INT is good for "Use any item" so you can use basic scrolls like stoneskin)

18. hamstermagus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My personal best was a classic paladin (BG1). Starting stats were:

STR 18/00
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 12
    WIS 18
    CHA 18

Whether anyone believes me or not, I didn't use an editor to get these attributes. It took me more or less 3 hours of rolling. When I was about to call it quits and accept the other roll I stored this incredible roll came out. I guess my patience paid off. :)

19. HairySun Gems: 3/31

How is it even possible to role that much?

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

A 102 isn't that bad, but getting the exceptional STR is a real long-shot. I've gotten a 103 once, but not that high of STR.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.