1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fixes in ToB?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Drunken Monk, Jun 23, 2001.

1. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I havent got ToB yet but I was wondering, will all the fixes that I have for BG2 (ie. Text Update, Fix Pack, Romance Fix etc.) be applicable in ToB? Will they work if I put them on or will the game crash?

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Are those unofficial fixes?

If yes, try them on yourself. I hope that the game will start formatting your HD. :p

3. Havok Gems: 4/31

Baldurdash's tweaks and fixes will not work once ToB is installed. You'll have to uninstall BG2, then reinstall w/the "official" BG2 patch and install ToB, without installing Baldurdash's patches for the game to work properly.

Kevin has just gotten the game like all the rest of us, so he'll need some time to figure out what does and doesn't work, and come up with new fixes.

For the time being, if you want to use these tweaks, then just play BG2 thru to the endgame without ToB installed and then do the uninstall/install process from above then add ToB, import your final save game, then take off from there.

[This message has been edited by Havok (edited June 25, 2001).]

4. Pyrion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I think the developers said something about the current fixes developed on Baldurdash and other sites having been implemented in Throne of Bhaal, so the BG2 fixes currently on Baldurdash wouldn't do a thing. Those problems have already been fixed, and the only things that need fixing now are the inherent problems with Throne of Bhaal.

5. Havok Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] If the developers did implement alot of his fixes and tweaks, that's good news, Pyrion.

Was just looking at his sight. He does have an "uninstaller" available to remove all of his fixes, tweaks, and cheats prior to installing ToB.

6. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31

Thanks for the reply guys. About uninstalling/reinstalling, I have already uninstalled it off my old hardrive to put on my new 40gig one.
    Pyrion ---> 'I think the developers said something about the current fixes developed on Baldurdash and other sites having been implemented in Throne of Bhaal'.
    Does this mean that the Jaheira romance is also improved ie. speed up? I want to play BG2 through and finish the Romance and then commence ToB. My Cavalier & (Drunken) Monk ;) rule. Next I will be a Chaotic Neutral Wild Mage. Ive got my own portrait (edited with Aobe Photoshop Deluxe) and my recorded voice set (with SBLive sound effects for wild surges) for the game.

[This message has been edited by Drunken Monk (edited June 26, 2001).]

7. Pyrion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

To be honest, I have no idea, since I haven't restarted from SoA to attempt it.

8. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31

Does anyone know if the romance is sped up in ToB?
    I know this is not related (and I have searches the ToB forum), but is it true as in HoW that Conjurers cannot cast Invokation spells? Please be true as I have an Invoker and I think Conjurers have it tooeasy and are over-glorified.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.