1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What party did you have the most fun with?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Kenshiro, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

With me, it was my "dirty half-dozen". CG Elven F/T with Edwin, Korgan, Viconia, Haer Da'lis, and Imoen switched for Sarevok later. Honestly, yes, I SK'd some of their cruddier stats up a couple points, but all in all, they made a pretty bad-a$$ team. My F/T and Korgan did pretty well, and Haer, well, once he gets UAI, give him the gaunts of exec. weapon specialization. Edwin is a beast, I had him blaze away with every spell I could think of, and Viccy didn't fare too bad. And once the big S came into the group, wow. I just got a kick out of playing a decent guy working with a group of "scum and villany", none of which, by the end of TOB, would you wanna mess with. Oh yeah, Energy Blades became Viccy's fave weapon. Yeah, they don't do much individually, but she could take down 2-3 enemies with her stack.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    For me, I had the most fun having minsc and Jan in the party. The constant banter between the two, especially when Jan keeps trying to steal boo is great.

3. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Any party with Minsc in is one I've had fun with. I also had fun, surprisingly enough, with Anomen due to his habit of bragging about his exploits and then getting whomped by low level enemies.

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Two parties are a lot of fun (and they can be the same, if you wish):

1)The "perfect" roleplaying party, in which you won't ditch the guys you went through BGI with (the game assumes your party in BGI is Jaheira, Minsc, Imoen, Khalid, and Dynaheir). Pick any two NPCs for Khalid and Dynaheir's spots.

2)Just make sure you bring Jan and Minsc. Great stuff here! I've heard combining Mazzy and Korgan has some great results as well.

5. Vandred Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I always like to have Edwin. Get a few laughs, and have you ever put him on script- wizard disabler? OMG he rocks!

6. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well, with acension installed, having Imoen turns out to be a lot of fun. SO much fun I replaced Jan with her. And again, with acension, having both Imoen and Sarevok in your party leads to a very exciting, action-packed ending. Basically, having this group was a blast, although the difficulty at the end was ramped up quite a bit.

Me (Human Swashbuckler)
    Imoen
    Sarevok
    Keldorn
    Edwin
    Viconia

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, the most fun I’ve had is my current party (although I’ve taken a bit of a break to try a solo blade). It’s an all-rouge (single-class) party, although I had to use SK to do it, since there are only two single-classed rouges in the game. The party is:

Me – Skald
    Haer'Dalis – Blade
    Yoshi – Bounty Hunter (to be replaced by Imoen, SK’d to Bounty Hunter)
    Korgan – SK’d to an Assassin. Also changed his portrait to a dwarven mage with a hood (kind of looks like a thief).
    Jan – SK’d to a Jester. I envision him making one of his stories into a song and driving enemies nuts with it. :D
    Minsc – SK’d to a Swashbuckler. This is IMO the biggest stretch, since a swashbuckler is “the epitome of charm and grace”, which certainly doesn’t describe Minsc. However, I figure that Minsc thinks that description fits him perfectly, so it’s not unreasonable that he would follow that line of training.

Generally speaking, I like thieves, and I’m finding that this party, while OK in melee, needs the magic support of the bards. (I'm using Tactics mod on core rules.) It forces me to be more creative in my approach, and is quite entertaining as well.

Let the "SK is evil" flames begin. :p

8. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

keldorn
    mazzy
    jan
    minsc
    korgan

the banter in this party alone is worth seeing.....cracked me up all the time!

especially when jan suddenly says that keldorn suffer from a diaper rash LOL
    while korgan try's some "moves" on mazzy :D

believe me, theres tons more funny dialogues :cool:

9. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Half-Elf Blade
    Minsc
    Korgan
    Edwin
    Jan
    Viconia

The Korgan-Edwin-Viconia chats are so everfunny, so is Jan and Minsc's ;)

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Not sure how many time this has been asked before, but here goes anyway...

- Protagonist (CG Sorcerer)
    - Imoen (Childhoods friend -no dumbing her, and she has those necessary thieving skills=
    - Minsc (Yea, not much interesting banter or not too good tank either, but still taking 'im ;) )
    - Jaheira (Healing and stoneskin-tank)
    - Viconia (SK'ed a bit; sorc and CG)
    - Aerie (Lots of spells)

11. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Valarian, my elf fighter/mage
    Jaheira ... of course.
    Keldorn, Carsomyr + Inquisitor kit just rocks
    Minsc, he's a good, but he's a nice goof, and a decent fighter as well.
    Anomen, not so much fun as convenient.
    Imoen, kicks butt as the main mage, and definitely brings a certain humour and lightness of spirit to the party.

12. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Varas Fighter/Assassin (SK)
    Korgan
    Vic
    Edwin
    Jan
    Imoen (very late addition)

13. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

My mage/thief, my lover Viconia and my bodyguard, Boo!!! (Minsc tagged along as well... :p )

[Imoen rotted for the rest of her long, miserable days in the maze below Spellhold] :evil:

14. caldurin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I was thinking of playing through the game again and was planning on taking some never before played npcs by me.
    I am thinking of this:

Me- HE Ranger/Cleric
    Jan Jansen- never played and heard he was fun
    Haer Dalis'- never played him or a blade
    Keldorn or Korgan-haven't decided yet, depends on my roleplaying
    Imoen- childhood friend and I feel she is part of the story and you wouldn't dump her.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.