1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Two Holy Symbols!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Robert, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Robert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I don't know if this is a bug or not but if your cleric has reached high exp levels He/Sha gains a holy symbol, if they after that dies and you ressurect them they gain yet another one, Yeay!! :)

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Cool, but I wont and don't can't use it.

I wont because its cheesy.

I can't because I am romancing Viconia and she is my only cleric and she can't die as the romance is screwed that way.

3. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

hm my clerics die sometimes and they never get a second holy symbol. I would say it's a bug.

By the way why is the romance screwed if viccy dies? i have only romanced jaheira at the moment and she died sometimes without penalities. Only if she gots petrified or something that kicks her out of the party. is this different for viccy?

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Really? I read on Extremist romancing guide that all romances is ruined if the character dies. He was wrong I guess then.

(That was enough for getting me banned, telling a Moderator or Administrator that he is wrong. God have mercy on my soul. :p )

5. Robert Gems: 2/31

I had a romance with Viconia too when she died, after ressurecting her with a rod the "you've gained a holy symbol text" appered in the text box and she had one. The romance continued as if nothing happend... but I guess it's kind of cheesy if it's a bug.

6. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Robert. Did that happen because someone else was holding his Holy Symbol or was it in a Bag of Holding at the time? I have heard of the Bag of Holding doing some trendy things...

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    OK, this is slightly off topic, but I was under the impression that a romance was screwed only if you kick them out of the party, something happens to them that causes them to leave the party (like petrification), or they get chunked.

8. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Perhaps you had a level drain before you died, so that your level was under the one where you get the symbol. As you revived the cleric regained the levels and so gained a symbol because he didn't carry one as he was revived.

By the way you could easily test if romance is screwed when she dies. Just kill her, revive her and use the Console to get next talk.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Well - If the character dies then the game is over :p the people can die without screwing anything up.

As to holy symbols - was the symbol in the open inventory, a container, or equipped when this happened?

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It's a patch matter.

11. Robert Gems: 2/31

I dont remember if she died or got petrified, I had installed the patch but no mods, the first holy symbol was equipped, the other one appered in the inventory. The sane happend to Anomen i think..

12. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

That could be cause the holy symbol was dropped when she got it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.