1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any ideas for new weapons/Spells

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by yappie!, Apr 29, 2002.

1. yappie! Guest

My imagination isnt what it used to be :cry:

Give me some Name/Descripion Ideas for some new weapons and spells, especially the latter.

Think up some good ones and i might make them and send them into SP for you people to enjoy!

thanks
    yappie

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't remember where, but there was this post with dozens of new weapon/item ideas. No one made any AFAIK. Look for it in the BG2 forum. (I think it was there anyway.)

3. yappie! Guest

Alright thanks Tal.
    Btw, did you get those Portraits i sent in?

4. Bastet Guest

[​IMG] Atomic Bomb(spell)

it does 1d34 posion damage and renders the unconious for 20 rounds:cool:

Feel the love(one handed sword)
    does 1d5 damage and if your fighting multible Bad guys if you hit them they'll become a teammate

giant crawling things(spell)
    creates giant spiders that are like slimes

5. yappie! Guest

[​IMG] Anyone willing to download that apart from Bastet....no?....didnt think so.

Come on people, serious ideas only.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    How about Cat CLaw? A dagger that increases dexterity up to 20, seeming as the spell Cats Grace is disabled in BG2

7. yappie! Guest

yeah, that sounds good. Or i could just make the spell Cats Grace....i just have to dig up my Dungeon Masters Guide to figure out wot it does.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Its on Heart of winter or I could find out tomorrow

9. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

(sorry for any misspelling)

Spell: Sulphureal Emissions
    Level: 5
    School: Invokation
    Casting time: 4
    Range: 75 meters
    Area of effect: 5 meters' radius
    Duration: 2 rounds/level

Description: This spell opens a magical channel between the targeted area and the deepest part of the earth. For every round the channel is opened, everyone in the area suffers from 1d6+1/lvl fire damage and, if they fail a save vs. death, 1d10 poison damage. The area is also under the effect of a Stinking Cloud spell.

10. C'Jakob Guest

Cat's Grace: increase DEX by 1d4+1. I forget the other details, such as range, duration, etc.

Israfel, don't you think that's a tad too powerful for a level 5 spell? Well, I can see a lot of Sulphureal Emissions - Fog of War strategies with this spell. :rolleyes:

11. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Uhm...probably you're right (I've just checked Cloudkill, for a comparison). It might be a L7 spell, since there are few damage spells in that level. The base idea was to combine fire & poisonous damage.

As for the fog of war thing, I know it, but that is quite cheesy and people know it very well, so it should not limit your creation.

[edit]: hey, I've got a new idea.

Spell: Harp Tune
    Level: I suggest 4
    School: Conjuration
    Casting Time: 7
    Duration: 1 rnd/odd level
    Range: na
    Area of effect: whole area

Description: With this spell, the wizard produces a magical harp tune which can be clearly heard by his allies at any distance. This tune is mental, not physical, so people around will hear nothing. The wizard's allies will be affected as per Bard's song as played by a Bard of half the level of the caster.

[This message has been edited by Israfel (edited May 01, 2002).]

12. C'Jakob Guest

Israfel, I'd say level 8. Compare it with Incedinary Cloud.

A spell for all classes (that is, sorcerers, mages, druids, bards, and clerics.)

Spell: Lifesucker
    Level: 5
    School: Necromancy
    Casting Time: 5
    Duration: 1 turn
    Range: touch
    Area of effect: none

Description: This spell taps into the subject's life force, while adding to the caster's own. The target loses 1 point of constitution every 2 rounds until the spell has ended. Furthermore, the caster gains the lost constitution, which lasts for 1 hour. Should this spell be used on a dying opponent (5% hp or less), it reduces him to but 1 hp, while the caster is healed by 2d8+2 hit points. That effect is added to the previous one stated. This spell cannot be used by evil characters, nor can it be used against nonliving ones, such as golems, undead, etc.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.