1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Keldorn - Minsc Weapon Mastery?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Donkey, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Donkey Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Why can't they gain mastery in a weapon (ex. two-handed sword)???
    Does it have to do with their class???

[ May 11, 2005, 16:07: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Only Fighter and kits can get more than two stars in any weapon. Keldorn and Minsc have Paladin and Ranger as base classes, so they can only get 2 stars.

3. Findae Darkblade Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

What Xei said. ;) Except for a few exceptions (Ranger - Archer being one of them) you can't get five stars. The Ranger Archer can get 5 stars in ranged weapons. There are other kits who can get extra as well, but I have so many mods installed that I can barely remember which ones are on the original game. XD

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    One more addition here - I am pretty sure that rangers can get a third star in two weapon style (which doesn't do all that much - it reduces the to hit penalty of the off-hand weapon from -4 to -2, and does nothing for the main hand weapon. So I'm not sure it's worth investing an additional proficiency point in. The two you start with are probably sufficient.

But everything else posted is right - with the exception of the archer and ranged weapons, the only class that can get five proficiency points in a weapon class are fighters and their associated kits.

5. Findae Darkblade Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ah yes, Aldeth is right. You can get 2 in two weapon. But that's true for all the classes. For weapon proficiences I guess the archer is the only one. I just downloaded TDD mod (which I highly reccomend) and it has a bazillion who can get extra star proficiencies.

6. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If you install Ease of Use mod, you would give 5 stars to any weapons they can use.

edit: I found that giving more stars, only works with Multi/Dual classes who got less stars because of their another class instead of getting more stars because of their fighter class.

[ April 18, 2005, 18:02: Message edited by: Ruin Ehwazehs ]

7. Telcontar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

One question...
    If i use ShadowKeeper to lets say put 5 stars to my ranger, does this actualy work, or it will just show 5 * in profile, but will not affect to hit / damage ???
    I need to know, i want to create new kit...

8. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think it works as he has 5 stars.

'cause I know when I gave 3 points in two weapon style to Minsc, he wield mace, and hammer with only -2 lefthand penalty

9. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

It does work, but only for the to hit and damage. It does NOT give you the extra attacks you would normally receive.

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Well, don't you normally (normally for unmodded BGII, that is) receive only 1/2 extra attack - on the second star?

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

According to normal rules you DO receive a 1/2 attack when specializied in a weapon (2 stars), plus some minor to hit and damage bonuses.

12. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

are you sure? i kinda remember giving Viconia 3rd star on flail, but i'm not sure

13. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Viccy being a pure Cleric can only put one * in any weapon proficiency.

14. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You probably confused her with Anomen, who can potentially put five stars in flail since he's fighter/cleric.

I think there is a grandmastery fix that gives back the missing bonuses. Or so I've heard. I haven't used it myself.

15. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

maybe. i keep my save files on a cd but i'm lazy to check it now. when i do, i'll let you know

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.