1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trouble with Ritual

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Occula, May 15, 2004.

1. Occula Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have just started the Watcher's Keep part of the game, and I cannot get the ritual to work. I have gotten all the items...candle, bell, golem manual, etc., but nothing seems to be working.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Have you placed the bell, book and candle on the altar?

Do you know which verse to read?

Have you been paying attention to the scraps of paper telling you the order to do things?

If yes and you did it the right way, you've got a bug I've never heard of.

3. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

There is a book used in the ritual but it isn't the golem manual.

4. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The book you need is on the altar itself. But to use the book you have to find and use something else first. I won't spoil it for you but when I first found that out it changed my perspective on a very dangerous opponent ;)

5. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@ Thunder - You´re a bit to late, the facts have allready been spoiled ;)

But what´s the "so-called" dangerous opponent you mention? Just give me a hint since I can´t recall ANY dangerous oponent on that level of the keep.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Uh, I assume he's referring to the lich. Of course, at that point in the game, you may not consider the lich to be a dangerous opponent. Heck, you've been taking out liches since mid-SoA, when your characters were a fraction of their current level. It shouldn't be THAT much of a challenge at this point...

7. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Ahh the lich! How stupid of me. But since I all ways try to take the peaceful way he´s seldom causing me any trouble, after all are we not all getting a bit grumpy if awakened in the middle of a wonderful dream?

8. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I usually do the first level of Watchers Keep fairly early in the game, and at level 9-12 Liches are still formidal opponents, especialy when unprepared ;) . And when you realize that you can talk a lich out of a fight by just giving some warm slippers (which won't do any good, since he's dead), it puts the other liches in perspective doesn't it ;) In stead of fighting Gangaxx for his ring you just give him a nice fluffy pillow and a soft matras where he can rest his nice little head on and he's so happy with it he gives you it for free! Wouldn't you be angry at the world after rotting in a cold, damp tomb without your bodyparts around? I thought so :D .

And the other liches you have to fight to gain his bodyparts! You want to take away their paythings without giving anything else in return! Let Jan invent some cool playing devices and these liches can party in their tombe for centuries! :cool:

9. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

dont forget to read the inscription in the liche's "bed" :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.