1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A game to honor

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by omnigodly, Jan 13, 2006.

1. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Keldorn + Korgan = good banter. No problems. I've done it :) . Unlike most people I have no qualms with mixing good and evil characters. I build a party based on the PC's choice. In this case good vs. evil makes no difference.

New look at the party:

PC K->M (CN)
    Korgan
    Keldorn
    Jan
    Anomen

2. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

korgan wont get along with keldorn and anomen(if he becomes LG) unless your charisma is high.

3. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

PC going TN because Kensai can't be Chaotic :p .

Btw, I've almost died a bunch of times because Kensai solo can't handle battles very well, (gets hit way too easy). I'm changing at 9 to mage. So here goes!

4. Prine Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

There's no conflict between Korgan/Keldorn/Anomen. Actually I lie, Keldorn and Anomen can potentially cause problems together if Anomen fails to become a knight, but the only one Korgan conflicts with is Aerie. I don't think charisma makes any difference to these events, they're all scripted in the characters' DLG files.

5. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

High charisma...I'm not sure whether it's starting or charisma at the time...can make them happen less often.

6. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

I love having the three of them in the party. Including Jan there's always some kind of good/funny/awesome banter going on.

7. Prine Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Which game files are used to determine that, though? I can't find any banter-related statchecks for charisma in the DLG or BCS files.

8. starwalker Gems: 16/31

I wouldn't know where to find a check or if there even is one. I just know that's the way the game seems to play. My lower Charisma leaders seem to have those matchups that have problems have them more often. My high Charisma ones...Like say Paladins and such seem to only have them rarely.

Something certainly seems to affect it though. I've played a Mage with lower Charisma(Seriously this could not be the true cause) and had Keldorn and Viconia go at each other like 3 times in an hour.

But I played a high Charisma Fighter I started in BG1 and imported and had the banter where they both leave the party and attack each other happen only 3 times in that whole game.

So there is something that affects it. I really don't think it was my class. that doesn't make sense.

9. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Were they close to each other? Usually this dialogue only happens when they're side by side. If you adopt a different formation or just shove someone in-between it can help.

That is, unless you haven't installed a mod that renders party dialogue with a "is party member X present?" check rather than a "line of sight" check.

10. starwalker Gems: 16/31

I did the same thing with Both. Viconia near the back. Either the 4th or 5th slot in the row of pictures. Keldron always in the second. Usually fourth for Viconia though so she was right behind Keldorn. I have two basic party line up's I will explain now.

(Main Character. This affects just which one i use.)

Main character is a Tank then...
    Tank
    thief
    Priest
    mage
    mage

Aerie is the only thing that affects this And then usually as soon as I get multi-mage armor(stuff you can cast in) Then she moves forward because she's better protected.

My other setup is

Main(spell caster. tends to be mage)
    Tank
    Priest
    Thief
    Tank
    Mage

My Tanks are typical different members of warrior classes. Keldorn's usually at the front of my party. But I developed the second one in BG1 and just gotten used to it to deal with ambush encounters in that game. Aerie is the only one that changes things because either she's my only healer or I take Anomen too so I have two less than stellar healers.

Viconia was never that far from Keldorn in either party and something affected how often I got it. But all my high charisma games have usually seemed to got the fighting banters less what few I've had such matchups in my party.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.