1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jedi & Sith Kits V1.0 (Experience Star Wars' classes in BG)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tal Rasha, Mar 6, 2007.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] Well, I'm definitely downloading this, incongruity be damned! :smash: :thumb:

One thing: where's the Vader-esque Force choke? Otherwise, good job. Looks a very interesting kit and not too overpowered.

2. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

That is a cool power, but I think it's hard to implement. How can I make the PC grip a target's neck and lift the target off from the ground?

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoy my mod.

3. kilolima Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi Tal Rasha,

thanks for your comments.

I had a few questions for you, if you don't mind, on modding lightsabers:

1. I like your idea of no strength bonus and using magic damage. Do you think this would produce an overpowered weapon:

5% chance each hit that the target must make a saving throw vs. death (-2 penalty) or die.

2d4 Magic (5% chance +2d4 extra magical damage)
    2d4 Electrical (5% chance +2d4 extra electrical damage)
    THAC0: +2
    Speed: 6
    Proficiency Type: Two Handed sword

It would be set to increase in abilities (+% kill and extra damage plus larger die roll, 2d5,2d6,etc) for every million experience and with the combination of some other items.

2. I found the Play Sound effect for items in NI, what do you think about adding lightsaber sound effects?

3. Do you know how the Increase Criticals effect works as far as adding it in Near Infinity?

4. You really should include the phrase:

"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time"

somewhere in your mod. :)

I put up my proposed mod at:

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=2591

but that forum seems pretty dead.

Cheers,

kilolima

4. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

1. If it has no strength bonus, it will not be overpowered. The Silver Sword has a 25% chance of vorpal hit, so I think the "Kill Target" effect of your lightsaber should be of no more than 20% chance.

2. The magic damage sound will cover up other sound effects, you will hardly hear them.

3. In fact, I don't know a way. I used "Luck Bonus" effect instead.

4. :)

5. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

3. Use this effect: (0x12d) Stat: Critical Hit Modifier [301] (It's named "Die Roll" in NI, if I remember).

6. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

I had tried it, but it didn't work. Weird.

7. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The effect has been used in Riskbreaker kit for a long time and it works fine. You may have made a mistake in implementing it in your kit.

8. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The number in parameter "Roll number" increases die roll range for critical strikes (i.e. with 1 in "Roll number" you'll score critical hit on die roll 19-20).
    See SPCL905.spl (Critical Strike) for better understanding how it works.

9. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Thanks you two. I will try it again.

10. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Tal Rasha, about the Force Choke. You could do it so that both enemy and the Jedi are immobilised for, say, ten rounds, and the damage would be higher with every succesive turn of choking. Any kind of damage to to the jedi would break the choke and the target could attempt a saving throw at some point.

I don't know how much of that can be done with the engine, but at least immobilising and the damage are doable.

11. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Not a bad idea, though it is lack of some likeness.
    I will think about that.

12. kilolima Gems: 1/31

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info on adding critical hits, it worked perfectly.

I'm having issues adding +AC and electrical resistance bonues for my lightsabers. Even when I copy effect valued from other items (such as rings of protection or items that give electrical bonuses), I'm not noticing any bonus in place when I equip my character with the sword. Shouldn't the new AC be visible on the character inventory screen? And shouldn't the electrical resistance be visible on the character info sheet? It's not.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

kilolima

13. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Where did you copy your effects to? They woundn't work if you copied them into the weapon ability.
    The equip effects should be outside the weapon ability.

14. kilolima Gems: 1/31

Hey Tal Rasha,

thanks for pointing that out, I had copied them into the melee field. It works great now.

I tried to add lightsaber effects sounds, but you were right, the magic damage sound plays over them. I also tried to add a 2-3 second delay to the sounds, and that kind of works, but not so well. Do you know how to find which effect sound is magic damage? Then I could just delete it from my installation.

Or is there a way to disable sound effects for an item? It would also be nice to overwrite the miss sounds as well.

I also thought about adding some random anti- magic abilities to the sword (both against wielder and target), since it is an advanced technological weapon, it should interfere with magic. This could actually be more fleshed out in a "Technologist" kit.

cheers,

kilolima

[ March 16, 2007, 06:13: Message edited by: kilolima ]

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

this sounds awesome, I'm going to try it out now.

16. guguma Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hello and good days,

Congratulations on your effort to create these kits Tal Rasha,

In my opinion it is totally weird and unfit to combine these universes but this is only my opinion do not get offended :) .

On a second thought though, it would be nice to watch Balthazar kicking jedis all over the place, I would really love such a video.

Good work and keep it up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.