1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG2 editors (Need help)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by SleepleSS, May 30, 2002.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] [I'm not sure this is the right forum...]

Hi I'm creating my own items and creatures with some stuff I got from the Teambg site. Now there are two thing I like to know:

1:If I make a good creature and attack it, it walks away, and doesn't protect itself. (Unless it can't go annywere, but then they miss almost always...) Is there a way to change this? (Some script???)

2:how can I import animations from PS:T, to use them in BG2 and how can I re-size them so they "fit" in the game. (I saw that somebody did this with Ignus and Morte, so it must be possible)

Pleas help me...

2. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

well... i can help, but you'd have found your answers at TeamBG if you'd looked hard enough.

anyway...

1.) you need to write it a script to make it attack.

2.) go check TeamBG for BAMWorkshop...

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I have BAM workshop, but I can't find a way to make a new creature with it.. it just changes a bam in another bam... not a complete creature file...

4. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You can extract BAM files with Infinity Explorer . ;) Make sure you save them out as animated GIF's.

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I have done this I did extrackt the bam files and I have the GIF files But I cant use them in CREATURE Maker, he can't even find them! Not even if I put the entire BIF file in the DATA Or OVERRIDE Folder...

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

IIRC creature editor is ment to be used for CRE files, not for BAM.

[EDIT]
    Sorry for typo, I ment the creature maker. And I still believe it can't edit BAM files but CRE files.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 31, 2002).]

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] IIRC creature editor ? I'm using a program named:Creature Maker. You can make or edit creatures with it, and give them an animation.

What I want is adding some animations (That are BAM files) From Torment in BG2 useng this creature maker, but I am not able to add new animations to the list with animations you can choose from... That's the problem I'm facing....

8. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

that is not a simple process. For a start you can't add new animations, you have to override existing ones that already exist in the game. It is not as simple as using Creature Maker...

creature maker just edits the .cre file, which references a specific creature avatar to use.

i'm not entirely sure on the whole process, but i know it's not an easy one.

9. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Just wanted to tell you that Ignus's and Morte's avatars aren't imported from PS:T into BG2. Ignus uses the avatar of a Lesser Fire Elemental, and Morte uses the Demilich avatar. So, AFAIK nobody did it... yet...

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] So that's why Ignus looked strange... Well I did send an Email to Team BG this afternoon and I wonder what they will say.

But I think it's harden then I thought it will be... But If it is possible, and I know how, I shall post it somewhere...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.