1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The coolest Throne of Bhaal (and SoA) enemy

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Baronius, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think Beholders are the coolest looking, as well as the Bone Golems. I love summoning them up in IWD :)

Firkraag is the best in SoA I think, since he's actually got a bit of development for a non-core villian. And Neb, since I really enjoyed the chance to wack him after meeting him in BG.

ToB vote goes to the souleating Lich...a lich on the raw end of a business deal, who would have thought?

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

:heh: Dragons, of course. He's one big, flamethrowing son-of-a-female-dog. :p

3. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

For SoA, it's definitely Irenicus for all the reasons stated above.

For ToB, it's a toss-up between Sendai and Balthazar. Sendai's battle was a bit of a bugger for me at first so I have to respect that.

4. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

n TOB that small party of small baahl spawns crack me up! IIRC they were composed of bunies, gophers and other small fries and run when you hurt them. GREAT! :D

In SoA I have to say I really liked the Gnome illusionist in the circustent. The power to create his own private world in a small circustent, fall after a short battle and take the secret of the source of that power with him in the grave. Why o why isn't there the speak with dead spell in BG2??? :rolleyes:

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    ToB - Abazigal - his portrait is just so cool.

SoA - Irenicus - and so much has already been said, there's nothing to add.

6. Etrigone Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

SoA - You know, I *as* going to post someone else, but although I thought the actor who did Jonny sounded an awful lot like David Warner, I figured they'd just gotten lucky. Now, I know the truth... he's such a cool villain type (ever since at least Evil in Time Bandits).

ToB - I have a soft spot for Gromnir; poor guy makes me think of the actors who get their best bits dropped on the cutting room floor. I'm quite fond of the Amkethran lich too. Like someone else posted - he's smart, he's afraid of the PC.

Q to Foradasthar regarding Balthazar... huh? Is this some mod where he can help against Amy? I'm guessing that, anyhow.

7. Hyperion Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

For SoA there are many, many choices... First of all: I love dragons! It's something like a hobby to me. Firkraag would be my favorite, for the same reasons Foradasthar mentioned. Beside that, nothing can look so cool as a dragon does! Other than dragons... Well, Joneleth is of course another favorite of mine. Voice, unique look, great background (I love elven sorcerers, too) and all that makes Irenicus one of the coolest thing in Baldur's Gate 2.
    For ToB... Well, since no one mentioned him... Cespenar is the coolest for me! That imp cannot be real and is way too cool for words. No further explanations.
    I know that Cespenar is not a villain, but in ToB I don't have so much choices like in SoA. And since Cespenar was Bhaal's buttler...Evil enough for me to be mentioned in my post. :)

8. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Irenicus for the voice, the slaver ship for the fight, beholders for the image.

9. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

For ToB, Either Demogorgon or Sendai - nice long battles where my group fired nearly every spell and lost gallons of blood (DG was much harder, I killed everyone just in time to save Viconia's last 7 of HP. She then had to raise the rest of the party.)
    And I liked Yaga-Shura as well, because it took really long... (and those dozens of corpses!)

SoA: Guarded compound, taken just after recruiting the party. Wow!

10. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Oh yes. I have to give an honourary mention to the battle against Yaga-Shura as well. There's some legendary feeling to actually taking on an army, and carving your way through tons of flesh and blood to get to him. I'd like more such scenes, and better made at that.

11. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I liked taking on Yaga-Shura because I was strong enough to just keep on taking on the waves of baddies without going forward.(it did make me feel kind of foolish when I first took him on because I just kept on hitting him without ralizing I couldn't kill him)

12. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I simply hate that Jarlaxle for his insolence. And enter the rest of the Bregan De'arthe.

13. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well yes, although I liked Jarlaxle and his gang (Bregan Da'erthe, btw ;) ) in Salvatore's novels, he's a bit on the cocky side in BG2. As much as to get himself killed if Charname made it to godhood, and was of evil alignment. Jarlaxle is supposed to be smart, and if we cling to minor details, I'd say he was smart enough to stay out of the way of Charname, instead of awakening the interest of powers too much for him.

The most annoying thing though is Elhan. Dragonlance tought me to hate elves for their superior and egoistic attitude. While I still like that race best for the magical and aesthetic reasons, I'm easily provoked by characters such as Elhan. And I'm actually still playing with the thought of actually making a mod that allowed you to kill Elhan for his insolence, slaughter that pathetic "we are a legion, rest assured" of his... so that the elves would finally understand they were in no position at all to start threatening you, and thus help you advance in your plot.

Problem is, I'd have to start from scratch basically (I've made a few minor mod-assistances and scripts to a few other games but nothing to BG yet). And doing all that studying just to make Elhan pay, would be too much trouble. So I'd have to make a mod that applied that same solution to other suchlike situations in the game as well. And I'm not quite as dedicated as that.

14. Sintryst Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Abazigal and Balthazar ruled completely. Such divine arrogance and such fierce dedication. Balthazar was no villain, however... His battle was FRIGGIN DIFFICULT.

Solaufein was awesome as well, though you can't forget Phaere being betrayed and slaughtered as you WATCH after having slept with her... Priceless...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.