1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cursed Items

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Moo in techni-color, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Moo in techni-color Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Perhaps I've simply missed this somewhere, but can someone tell me where to get the girdle of gender change(reversal?) and the helm of opposite alignment, I'm simply curious on this matter, but I've been looking for these things and cannot seem to find them, well, thanks ahead of time for any helpful responses.

[ July 13, 2004, 23:47: Message edited by: Moo in techni-color ]

2. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I don't think you can get them apart from cheating them in.

3. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

THe girdle of gender change only appears in BG1, the helmet is just an item that is in the game, but not implented...

4. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

play some oldschool bg1 again and import your char to bg2 with those 2 items (as well as a very nice cloak you cannot find in bg2).

5. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

You will not keep those items.... They get removed in the first scene of the game...

6. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

well ok ... then do NOT cheat them in or use them.

7. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Theres a "keep all items on imported char blabla" file you can put in your override folder that solves that problem. Still cheating though if you ask me.

8. SRDragon Gems: 1/31

Hello everyone
    I've just regsitered with sorcerers.net, with the forum. I actually like the "keep all items" cheat & if anyone knows where I can download it, I'd appreciate it. I prefer to keep the items I've acquired for my character when I import him to the start of chapter 1, instead of lossing everything. In that aspect, it can't be considered cheating, you already had the equipment & just want to retain it! I also found the jedi & lightsabers online that I like playing. I've actually redone the jedi to allow you to play any race, or alignment. The 1 I downloaded only allows you to play a human, with L.N. or C.E. for alignments. I prefer to have it as similar to the way Jedi actually are in Star Wars. Once my system is up & running correctly again, I can see about putting my version of the jedi online for others to enjoy. Also, does anyone know which program will allow me to edit, or modify the TBG files? So far, I haven't been able to find the program that allows you to make the TBG files for any IAP's that are designed with IEEP. Also, if anyone knows where I can download the program, that would be appreciated as well!

9. Isshy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hi SRDragon. Welcome to the boards.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

If you want to keep the items from BG1, when you first start BG2, pause the game immediately when it hits the black screen at the beginning. Hit "I" to go into your inventory, drop everything, then unpause, and everything will be on the ground.

Well, it should work. I'm not sure if any patches fixed this.

And when you hear the person groan/scream during the black screen, that is when your inventory is erased.

SRDragon, all of those programs (IEEP and the mods) are available on this site. Just go to the main site for BG2 and search around.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  12. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

They don't, so feel free :D

13. SRDragon Gems: 1/31

Just to clear up any miss understanding, the items I was talking about are the ones you gain while playing BG2 SoA/ToB. When you finish the game & import back to the start of chapter 1, I prefer to keep the items that I've already gained from playing the game. There is a mod (or whatever it is) that allows you to keep the items. The name: BG2 Keep All Items! That mod (or whatever it is) isn't on sorcerers.net either. If I could remember the site I found it at, I'd let you'll know for any interested in doing the same thing I like doing.

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Yes it is, unsurprisingly from the very page Tal so nicely linked for you. And despite the name, it will let you keep BG2 items as well (though that greatly unbalances the game), because all it does is disables the thing that takes all your items (BG1 or not) at the start of the game.

15. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    One note on the helmet, i've used this to get viconia in a party with My own character, Jaheira, minsc, mazzy, and keldorn. my reputation was 20, and the helm did seem to be effective, because she was giving me the comments she usually gives when your rep is really low and she has her usual alignment.

However, after some time, keldorn and viconia still started fighting, wich can result into keldorn going hostile on viconia, if i remember corectly.

So, even if ou use the helm, make sure you don't have a character that will fight with another one, posssibly resulting in a fight (another example is minsc and edwin)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.