1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sarevok, to join or not let him join

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Thalantyr, Oct 14, 2001.

1. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Yeah; I changed him and he still keeps bitching about how we're a poor match because Im too much of a do-gooder.

On the Sarevok good/evil on the inside thing, what about the second challenge in hell?
    SPOILERS
    It is implied that were the PC in Sarevok's shoes (ie left behind by Gorion and adopted by the iron throne) and vice versa, that the PC would be the evil murder afficionado and Sarevok would be brought up under the watchful eye and benign influence of Gorion and thus (assuming you play a good PC) good.

2. Dan the Disgruntled Drow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Wow, my first post.
    Evil is good. I have always enjoyed having Sarevok in my party because of his 2H Sword skills. When I got him to 5 points in 2H Sword and 2 in 2H Weapons I dualed him to a mage.
    Now he casts stoneskin on himself, immunity to magical weapons AND he wears that +5 elven armour (that gives immunity to normal weapons) and off he goes for a few rounds. The opal jem thing for his helmet that gives and extra intelligence helped a lot too.

3. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] welcome to the boards o'magic, dan the disgruntled. sarevok is the best npc fighter that ever walked. i know, i know, all you minsc lovers will be out there saying "ooh ooh look at me, boo and i vill keek your evil doeenk butts" and all that, but jus look at his stats. and his proficiencies. and his pure ability to just kick the arse off any creature in faerun in hand to hand combat (besides your pc, of course). he has a stat total of 95. yes, 95. thats better than any roll ive ever done. and i dont think anyone wants to hear about all you people out there whove done better rolls than that. make your own post.

the fact that you can help change his alignment is completely plausable. he has, after all, a piece of your soul (which was brought up by gorion in the humble town of do-goodersville, mind you) and that recently posted piece of info about his lover saying 'he's good on the inside'.

i think that sarevok is one of the most well thought out npcs in the series, and even though you may want to dual him, i suggest you dont, as #1: it will lower the amount of levels up he gets to becoming the best fighter in the game and #2 neither of the dual class choices fit his character.

well... thats just my opinion...

4. Archer14 Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] I have to agree with corbulo87. Saravok is much better than Minsc at fighting. I still like Minsc, but I just had to repalace him when I first saw Saravok.

5. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] All this praising of Minsc and Sarevok in here... When I'm done with SoA, my berserker buddy Korgan will prove a much more valuable tank then the both of them combined. Bah!

6. Archer14 Gems: 8/31

:rolleyes:Ya right. Minsc or Saravok could kill him so easily. They could probably take out your whole party.:lol:

7. Kilburn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well, I just started with TOB and the first thing I looked at when I got Sarevok was his class. I was a bit disappointed that he's a pure fighter, as I had expected fighter-mage --- Unless my memory fails me, he DID cast spells in BG1 didn't he?

8. That's better... At least you could dual him yourself.

9. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Currently, i'm dualling that nasty bastard as a mage. While his grooming process has been seamless, i must say that to get him up to speed with the rest of the group as well as his own fighter level is turning out to be a monumental task. I like a big party, so experience is becoming a factor in this game. Moreover, i'm getting bored of re-entering the firegiant lair just to open up a can of whoop ass on mystically appearing giants ad infinitum. Dualling Sarevok will one day produce a warrior of great power, but he might die of old age before this happens.

10. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Corrections Corbulo! Sarevok IS the best ever fighter in the game. Only he has the deathbringer assault ability, which makes this big bad war machine even more awesome. Though he doesn't have his Bhaal essence any more he is a power to be feared I'm sure.

11. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] i am so sorry, oh great tinman, for doubting the might of sarevok... :p

12. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Apology accepted...smap over:D:rolleyes:

13. MD Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I you miss a good fighter, you should take Sarevok in your party......... He is good in melee combat..... :p

14. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31

Just to try it out, I gave Saerovak the secret tank armor and weapons. (Good thing Extremist is banned from the TOB board) He did some searious damage in that thing!!!! It was quite fun to whatch!!! Yes, I wholeheartedly endorse the slightly crack brother of your protaganonist, as a party member!
    Luckily I had Aeomen in my party, so he was Mr. Bye-Bye!!!

15. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31

I'm hoping i get a chance to recruit a few more of my siblings. So far i have sarevok, sis, and me. Maybe i can add a testy fire giant to my party. Sarevok rules, especially if you like hearing him diss fellow party members. Best thing since kelgorn.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.