1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: How evil is this guy?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Kip, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Kip Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Kills every child in sight, knocks out the mother if there is one.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 27 user(s) have voted.

Poll Results: How evil is this guy? (27 votes.)

How evil is this guy? (Choose 1)
    * Like father like son... - 19% (5)
    * One sick, sick puppy. - 44% (12)
    * Evil - 11% (3)
    * Neutral - 0% (0)
    * Goody 2 shoes - 26% (7)

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    erm :confused:

3. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    My sentiments exactly.
    What guy are we talking about?

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Erm exactly... who is this... "guy"?

5. Kip Gems: 5/31

Just an idea for a character I had.

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Sounds like a nice kind of fellow to me.

C'mon, that behaviour is obviously going to be generally regarded as evil, why even bother asking the question? The only alternative was if the character in question was insane, but you didn't make that one an option.

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Sorry but I find this poll utterly pointless.

What would be the reasons for such a behaviour? Why Gorion's ward would act like that?

Now that would be more interesting than agreeing that the compulsive and mindless slaughter of children is an evil act.

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I wonder who voted for 'goody 2 shoes'? :p

9. Kip Gems: 5/31

I offically (as offically as I can anyway) change the topic to that.

I could see this in that having seen the person who was closest to him (at the time) has caused him to have temporary lapses in sanity where an alternate personality has developed which believes that she was Gorian's MOTHER and has lost her own child so the rest of the world has too share her pain. Ahem, yes. That sort of works.

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Could be one explanation. Another explanation that I just thought of would be for that character to adopt a sort of nihilistic outlook on life. He or she could act like a sort of leveller or equalizer to further embody the essence of Bhaal's divine heritage. Murder is a horrible thing but killing children is even worse. It could be equated with destroying hope, any possible redemption and basically the desire to build a better world that children embody/represent. A truly dreadful concept anyway. Even Irenicus, Korgan and Sarevok would be "good" compared to such a character.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This thread really makes me rethink the statement "there are no stupid questions."

12. MagnusSK23 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

To complete the above statement: "there are no stupid questions, just stupid people" :) Thank you Mr.Garrison.

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    To put a cap on it, let's not talk about stupidity. Don't like the poll, don't vote in it and let it die a nice quick death. Thanks.

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^Yes, let us not call each other stupid, or other unpleasant things, eh?

The poll is fun IMHO. I thought about voting for 'goody 2 shoes' just for the fun of it... :shake: And it seems some people have already done it! :p

15. Kip Gems: 5/31

For all the "This poll sucks"ness goin on there sure are alot of votes...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.