1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problem with ToB Installation

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Crin The Master Theif, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Crin The Master Theif Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] AFTER A LONG SERIS OF PROBLEMS I FINALLY GOT ToB TO WANT TO INSTALL. BUT NW IT KEEPS ASKING FOR DISK 0 AND THE DATA6.CAB FILE.....PLEASE HELP..... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused:

[Do not post in all caps, please - BTA]

[ November 28, 2002, 19:06: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Faded Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

What type of BG2 installation do you have? (Minimum, recommended, full?). I think you need at least "recommended" to be able to install TOB, as TOB requires that certain BG2 files are present on your harddrive... So perhaps this cab-file is one of these, and is missing (in which case you can either try to reinstall BG2 or copy the files manually)?

(...or your TOB CD is broken...)

[ November 29, 2002, 10:48: Message edited by: faded ]

3. Crin The Master Theif Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] :help: :help: :wail:Well now i have a recomended install, but i've tryed installing it with both. I've also ran a search and manually looked for this file in the bg2 directory but still it isn't there. It just dosn't exist. And the bg2 tob disc is preety much new, and not broken, dented, or scratched. :confused: :wail:

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Try this:
    • Uninstall everything that has to do with BG II
    • Do a full install of SoA
    • Do a "recomended" install for ToB
    • If that still doesn't work, get a new computer...it's obvious that it doesn't want you to play BG II on it. :rolling:

5. Crin The Master Theif Gems: 1/31

I tryed it. I would get a new computer, but, i've got no cash. :( :wail: I wish it would work. Anybody got any more ideas :confused: :bang: :bang: :bang: Do YOU see my ANGRY.....DO YOU....

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I hate to say this, and don't try this if you don't know what you're doing.

As a last resort, there's always fdisk. Try that before you buy a new computer. Don't do that though unless you've exhausted all other options.

7. Crin The Master Theif Gems: 1/31

fdisk??? What is fdisk?

8. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Maybe he means "format" disk

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    fdisk is a disk partitioning utility that has been included with DOS and Windows through at least Win98. It allows you to create and destroy partitions on your hard disk drive.

I'm not sure why you'd want to that rather than just reformat the disk, unless you wanted to repartition your disk to make multiple partitions.

[ December 08, 2002, 19:17: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

10. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The difference between fdisk and format disk is a subtle one. Apart from the obvious partitioning part of it, it wipes EVERYTHING and nothing can come back, even through recovery software. After fdisking a hdd you still have to format it. A format instead of an fdisk is more a 'quick erase' and can leave things there that can cause probs with certain things like installing another operating system. Also, you can recover files after a format with some programs.

11. Crin The Master Theif Gems: 1/31

Well....I think I have no clue what you are talking about...Just tell me how to do both things please and i will decide wehter to format of fdisk. Thanks. [​IMG]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.