1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Belts

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Day to Night, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Day to Night Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Does any one Know of any good belts in the game. I know that there are lots of ones for strength but do any other ones boost Characteristics or do anything else cool.

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Check out the "BG2 & ToB Full Item List with Description Text" here

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  3. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The only belts that boots stats are strength. Other belts protect you from different weapons and a multitude of other things. Get Weimer's item mod, it lets you combine many things throughout the game together (so you can combine some elven chain and the red dragon scales for some sweet-ass armour that is perfect for fighter/mages). Go to Weimer's site to see what items can be combined with other items.

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

IMHO the best belts are the giant strength ones. The girdle of fortitude is a belt that sets CON to 18 once per day... handy to just use it after resting and then stow it in favour of a strengthening belt.

The other kind of belt is the ones that give +3 or whatever against piercing/crushing. I never found these too useful at all, but maybe it'll save your life if your hit points are low.

Then there's the belt of inertial barrier that is worth mentioning too. It grants +50 resistance to magical damage... makes Abi Dazzles a lot easier to swallow.

On a side note: I noticed the belts are always the first to dissolve when getting hit by Nishruu. What's up with that?

5. kukec Gems: 3/31

Where are girdle of fortitude and belt of inertial barrier? :confused:

6. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Girdle of Fortitude is on Gaal's corpse. Do the Unseeing Eye quest.

The belt of inertial barrier is purchased from Trademeet.

7. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The belt of inertial barrier also improves your saving throws vs breath weapons by +5.

8. kukec Gems: 3/31

cool I am just doing this quest(i am at entrance to that part of sewers.
    thanks for locations, yes bonus constitution for Viconia weee!

9. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Viccy can actualy be a really good fighter if you play her right. Giv'r some good Str. belts, the Girdle of Fortitude, the Flail of Ages and some decent armor and a shield and she can really help because the Flail of Ages slows the enemy (something like 1 out 10 hits with no save) and does 3 different element damages, so a creature immune to a certain kind of damage (say a fire elemental being immune to fire, but weak to cold, the fire will do none, but the cold will do 2, i think)

10. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Really!?!
    I didn't think that creatures had weaknesses, and if they do, what types are prone to what damage types???

anyway back on topic, a girdle of slashing is good as a lot of people wield swords or slashing weapons!!!

11. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

that would be the golden girdle IIRC

12. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Where do you find/buy the Golden Girdle then?

13. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You have to have the mage stronghold - the Golden Girdle is a reward for helping the Knights of Solamnia... but maybe it can be stolen? I'll check that out...

14. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I don't think so(During 1 of my game,I pickpocketed everyone I encountered except for beggars and the likes, :money: the Knights of Solamnia could only be pickpocketed for normal weapons). At least not until you(as a mage), have found a way to send them back to their world.By that time, you would have no need to steal it... :)

15. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I played the stonghold a few nights ago and

*SPOILERS*

to return the knights to their home you go to the Adventurers Mart and talk to Ribald, he then gets a mage to return the knights to their homes. The mage turns up after a day and gives you the Girdle before returning the knights to their homes.

16. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

OK, thanks. You see I need TGG for an item I'm going to buy...

17. dAS Gems: 3/31

Has anyone ever tried using the girdle of fortitude when leveling up? If my character has a con of under 18, would it add extra hit points when I level? I might want to check this out as you get it not too far into the game.

18. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

***SPOILER***

You can also speak to the head guy in the Radiant Heart Building regarding the Knights of Solamnia. He will offer them a place with the order.

19. xnnixq Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Yes, the girdle of fortitude sets your constitution as a special ability to 18 and lasts for 8 hours.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.