1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Elven Aasimar?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I was reading Forgotten Realms Wiki, and I came across a Sun Elf hybrid called a Fey'ri, or daemonfey, which is a Sun Elf and tanar'ri mix. This is the elven equal to an tiefling, more or less, correct? If so, is there an Elf Aasimar? Because, if you look at Roleplay Corner in Trademeet, you'll see that my character, Elwithral Irenicus, is an elven Aasimar. I was just wondering if there was a word to describe it.

Thanks in advance.

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I imagine there should be since you are right about the Fey'ri. As for what they're called I have no idea.

Although I think the Sun Elf hybrids aren't via reproduction origionally and are from a type of 'bonding' and recent generations have been from the bonded elves reproducing among themselves or with demons. This is also noticeable by the fact that a tiefling obviously favors (in comparison) their mortal parent whereas the Fey'ri are a more even mix - the tiefling would have horns maybe a tail and vestigal (sp?) wings whereas a Fey'ri goes the whole way with wings, talons, horns, tail, scales and the whole demonic binding and vulnerability to such magics that come with it.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I think some descriptions say aasimon are sometimes elven too, but it's been a long time. I'm not sure, but I might have seen one on the Wizards site, as well.

4. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I have access to half a million different planetouched creatures through the books I own and can look them up to see if I can find something that might fit better (the Fiend Folio provides info for a human with inevitable ancestry of all things... or maybe it's in the Manual of the Planes :D , either way WotWC provides info for stranger ancestry then elf/celestial), but it will be at least a week before I can due such a thing.

5. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Abomination is half right about the 'bonding' thing. Read the 'Last Mythal' trilogy, the process is described therein. Essentally, one of the High Mages of one of the Fey'ri houses bonded with a demon, became a half-fiend and had kids.

But the Fey'ri always kidnapped gold elves for their breeding program (with demons), so there is 'natural' offspring, too.

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

That would be nice IS :) Hehe, I just wanted to get a definite name for Elwithral, rather than Elven Aasimar.

7. X_Spearmint Banned

yeah, it wouldn't be an Aasimar as they're only from human breeding, same with Genasi. It doesn't say exactly what Elven or any other race for that matter, would be called. Though that as in the Races of Faerun book only. I'll check and post my findings likely before the day is out.

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well I was able to look through my Fiend Folio, but they only had a human planetouched of inevitable decent, a dwarf of devil decent, a halfling of demon decent and a human with an ancestor from the ethereal plane. I'll have to check my Manual of the Planes to see if I can find anything else.

9. X_Spearmint Banned

I'm checking Unearthed Arcana, so far nothing but a Fire Elf race.

Nothing in the Planar Handbook either.

[ March 12, 2007, 02:43: Message edited by: X_Spearmint ]

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Well, I know I've seen a half-fiend elf (RotW? I don't remember, it was some bandit leader), so there can be elven half-outsiders. This would mean that there probably can be planetouched elves, it's just that they need not have the unique skills and powers of the fey'ri - just like draegloths are unique kind of half-fiends.

11. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31

In one of the recent Dragon Magazines was a race called Celadrin. It's efficiently an elven aasimar.

12. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

hmm, do you know if and what wotc book it is in? If it's in one I might have the book.

13. Yaballa Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Just to clarify... Hanali Celanil's worshipers + eladrin = Celadrin

Actually your elf aasimar is *just* aasimar. There's no special race name for it, really.
    I mean, why should that race get a special name just for being a half-elf? What about your celestial side? Which one is it? There are lot of combinations so it's best to stick with the good old aasimar - be it half-human, half-elf, half-whatever.

Although... you might look up for a *different* name in elven, dwarven, draconic or some other language to suit your need.

I say it's already wrong with what they're doing at the moment with celadrins, fey'ri, etc.. If they're naming every possible combination then do it properly - name them all at once or leave it be.

14. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31

Shadow Assassin, celadrin are in Dragon #350.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.