1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Love Interest?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by hooligan_inc, Oct 23, 2000.

1. hooligan_inc Guest

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

your not being forced to pick one are ya? heh the first time around i got stuck in that situation...

3. hooligan_inc Guest

No, I don't think i know where or what or when it is. Fill me in?

4. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

As you travel you will notice more chatter from the girls to you (the talking sword talks more... but thats not the point).
    Eventually you will get to choose one for a love interest. Unless you booted all the women out and decided magic sucks..

5. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Funny thing about that choice. I chose Aerie, saved, slept on it (in the real world) changed my mind, went back to a previous save but didn't get to chose again. The romance went its full course, Jaheira never spoke to me again - like the choice is 'global'. Now I'm trying the 'chicks' hack to see if I can thaw Jaheira out.

6. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Since I told Aerie that "I wasn't interested in her in that way", I haven't heard anything from either of them. I even tried to buy Jaheira that medallion at the docks, but nothing since that. It's been over a week (game time) since it happened. I was enjoying the silence, but now there's hardly any party interaction at all. Is that it? If Jaheira's still interested she's not giving any signs that she is. Oh well, on with the quests :).

7. Ciller Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ya, I told Aerie that i didnt think of her like that and now the girls have shut right up!! I was hoping that Jaheria would talk to me and we could get close.. but nothing has done the trick.. maybe I have to get past chapter 3... :p

Ciller

8. Ganz Gems: 6/31

Aerie's whining was getting on my nerves and when she snapped at Jaheira, I told her the same thing - that I wasn't interested in her "that way". I didn't want to take advantage of Jaheira, what with Khalid gone so recently. I don't have Viconia in my party. Anyway, I was hoping for a romance with Imoen after I rescued her (have not yet reached that stage) but there is no mention of that on this board so I gather that is not in the script?

9. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

You guys might wanna learn. Love Interest is basically random. so when it comes up. TAKE IT. other wise you can go the whole game with out... Err nevermind, dunno the age of the people here..

10. hooligan_inc Guest

I'm in chapter 7 at the mo and Aerie is talking quite a lot. I'm gonna go back and do some of the quests i didn't bother w/ to see how it goes. She and jaheira have just spoke about Aeries wings not being where they should.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Aerie, Jaheira and Viconia are the ONLY female love interests in the game. Make your plans in regard to that.

Tal...

12. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

I found out... The LESS you do the more your people talk, Which is wierd, it seems to more quests you do together the less you talk... should be the other way around. But if you just walk around doing practically nothing but steal stuff from homes, and a quest here and there.. the process goes alot faster...

13. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Does anyone know where you are supposed to put the chicks patch?

14. Ganz Gems: 6/31

Sigh, missed my chance with Aerie and Jaheira. Guess I'll have to be celibate the rest of the game. But I'm not playing a monk!

Wonder if monks get the come-ons too? If they do it, don't they break their vow of celibacy? I would like to see a new class: fallen Monks who lose their quivering palm whatnots. :-P

15. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You put the chicks patch in the overide file of bgII. (spoiler) By the way, If you choose Aerie, she will dump you after you sleep with her. She says that things "are moving to fast". Typical chick (hehe)

16. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Yeah, and she takes all the stuff she has on her too, typical woman, uses you and takes all the valuables ;)

17. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

In my game, I think Jaheira is falling for me more than Aerie. Ever since the harper quests and me standing by Jaheira's choices, she's warming up more and more. She's older too, which is a turn on for my half-orc barbarian grub.

Syl...

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, me too... Ever since I took that arrow for her she's been talking a lot more and Aerie's been pretty quiet...

19. hooligan_inc Guest

What Harper quests?

20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well... The stuff with the harpers start with Xzar and his quest to you to find that bad, bad thief Montaron in the Harper hold...

After a while, Jaheira gets summoned to the Harpers, and there the fun begins!

For me, I had to sleep out in the wilderness and be attacked by bandits who hold Jaheira hostage for this sequence to occur... Immediately after that (and I mean before the bodies are cold) the Harper messenger summons Jaheira to the Harper hold... This sequence happened identically twice for me; once I was sleeping in the Umar Hills area and the other was on the Temple Ruins map...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.